Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshmellow: Regarding your question about the controllers, there is only one type of controller for the PlayStation 3 and that is called the SIXAXIS. The reason there are two different names on Amazon, is because it's from different sellers. Amazon calls the controller "Sony Playstation 3 Wireless Controller" while the other is from a seller named SkyBox USA (look over the "add to shopping basket" button on the SIXAXIS page).So there you have it. There is only one controller, the sellers simply names them differently.

Listing stuff wrong on Amazon. Damn clueless Americans.:p Geez

Cool stuff on the PSP

Your PS3 can wirelessly stream to your PC so you can view photos, videos and music on your PS3. These can all be streamed to your PSP and using remote play your PS3 can be reached via the internet ANYWHERE in the world. Ive tried it recently and its fucking witchcraft

Selected games from the PSN can be downloaded and played on the PS3 which can be saved onto your PSPs Memory Stick and played there too!

The PSP is a pretty cool gadget anyway with some good games

Im not sure what you mean by scratch easily? The discs need to be taken care of and wont scratch. The casing itself is shiny and nice and unless your gonna drag it down the highway then all itll need is a dusting now and then

The PS3 gets nowhere NEAR as hot as the 360, it has a great cooling system and its really quiet as well, Ive often forgotten the PS3 was on leaving it on overnight or when I went out only to discover it was still running!

Hopefully Ive answered your questions good enough, if not let me know and Ill try again and if youve anymore Ill take a stab at answering them for you!

:)

Sounds fucking brilliant! Yeah I was wondering if the PS3 scratched easily. Thanks man for all the great info!

PS3 is awsome Marshmellow, go get one. Ignore the way people talk about them, ever since the bad E3 they had people just jump down Sony's throat. Trust me though it really is a good console.

Yeah I'm probably 99.9% sure I'll be buying a PS3 before the summer is over. Mostly because I need a Blu-Ray player but all the other features sound really cool too! Having it be a gaming console will basically just be a bonus for me.

Sony cuts Playstation price in US

While Sony is faring well in Japan, sales are lagging in the US

Sony is slashing the price of its PlayStation 3 games console by 17% in the US to boost sales.

As a result of the $100 price cut the PS3 will now cost $500 (£249), $20 more than the rival Microsoft Xbox and twice as much as the Nintendo Wii.

The Xbox and Wii have been significantly outselling the Japanese firm's PS3 in the US market.

The news came as Microsoft said it would not be cutting the Japanese price of its Xbox to lift lacklustre sales.

Microsoft made the announcement a week after it said it was spending $1bn to repair problems with the Xbox 360.

Japan problems

The Xbox price tag of about 38,000 yen ($300) is "very competitive" and below that of the console's US price, Microsoft Japan's vice president said.

Xbox sales in Japan have been lagging behind those of rivals - Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo's Wii.

According to games magazine publisher Enterbrain, Microsoft has sold 122,565 Xbox consoles in Japan during the first six months of the year.

That compares with 1.78 million Nintendo Wii sales and 503,554 Sony PS3 sales.

However, it is a different story in the US market with Nintendo and Microsoft outselling their rival several times over

"Our initial expectation is that sales should double at a minimum," said Sony Entertainment America chief executive Jack Tretton.

"We've gotten our production issues behind us on the PlayStation 3, reaching a position to pass on the savings to consumers, and our attitude is the sooner the better."

The move also comes just ahead of the launch of the latest version of the PS3.

The new console will boast an improved 80-gigabyte hard drive and is expected to sell for around $600.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is expected to make an announcement at the E3 event - one of the biggest conferences in the game industry calendar - about the new console on Thursday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6283170.stm

Presumably announcing this before E3 because they were attempting to justify the price at last E3 and will now say something else big about the console and don't want to drag the attention from this announcemnt.

This thread keeps on fecking dying!?!?!?!!?

Right cmon with E3 comming up lets jump start it

Home

Little Big Planet

Killzone 2

MGS4

Sony could be onto a winner here...

Thoughts??

Me and Caris talked briefly about this while playing Darkness. There are alot of games out there that havent been seen in ages for the PS3 and with people pretty much dismissing Sony at the moment this could be a great time to shock everyone with great games and annoucements.

Yeah my ideal scenario would be for some absolutely AMAZING stuff to come out at E3 and basically shut the competitors up!!

I think what Moira is saying is true, they obviously have some major things to say at E3 if theyve done this just before it.

Sony are the underdogs here, so hopefully theyll come out on top.

BTW Thats a great price cut, if I were in the states 20 bucks more for the PS3 over a 360, Sony have definately built the image of a luxury console, so Id definately fork out that lil bit more and go for it!!

I think Sony know that this E3 is important. I would literally blow the cover of loads of stuff and totally show whos boss!

BUT will Sony do this?

I think nows the perfect time to show Killzone 2 (supposadely behind closed doors though) and a few other PS3 exclusives!

Show more Drakes, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Home, Ratchet and Clank, Lair etc..etc..

God Of War PS3, Metal Gear Solid details...

More PSP titles!

and they could be onto a winner!

I think Nintendo will be very quiet at this years E3 and release nothing new at all, so i think Sony could steal the show.

I don't think it could be worse than last year's E3 so I am kinda looking foward to their show.

Yeah im the same, im hoping they have learnt from their mistakes. I really want to see Ratchet and Clank aswell as Drake. If they show God of War 3 I will cream myself!

I don't think it could be worse than last year's E3 so I am kinda looking foward to their show.

I look forward to each of the shows as I like to hear news about each of the consoles. It's highly unlikely I'll buy a PS3 though.

Still, with that price drop Microsoft need to drop the price of the XBOX. The thing about price was that PS3 forced you to buy everything you might not use. But now you can get more for just a little bit more money. Plus Blu Ray is meant to be doing better than HD DVD in US (I think HD DVD is winning in Europe).

Real size:

killzone2gr4.jpg

I'll be blunt, IMO it looks like shit, it's in a closed enviroment area and still the geometry is clearly lacking, the textures lack detail, volume and definition around the edges, the shadow is a low resolution sample upped a few times and with gaussian blur added... seriously this is their opinion of matching the CGI they promised?

killzone_ps3.jpg

For fast comparison just look at the closest left plane to the camera on both images, on the "real one" a lame quality with no detail whatsoever grungy wood texture with nothing applied, on the CGI a soldier arm with detailed clothing.

It won't simply get more detailed shadows and textures on open spaces when they look like this is a closed environment.

If they promised nothing like Microsoft did with Halo 3... anything is acceptable, but on this case a game who is hyped solely about the graphics (since the first entry in the series was flawed and not that good), and for which Sony promised graphics rivalizing those of Raycasting... Shit is a compliment.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!