N-Europe

Sony loses Dual Shock Patent case

CompSci

This means that Sony not only has to pony up and awful lot of cash to Immersion Technologies, but it has to stop infringing on the patent - that means stop selling kit which includes Dual Shock technology, and that means pulling the PS2 off the shelf.

Interestingly, Immersion is owned in part by Nintendo. The next-generation battle just took another twist...

:yay: I just had to post that :)

i think this is inspired. get on nintendo. stupid sony. i would love to see game now with half its store empty. hahahahahahahaha

It would be like a dream walking into Game and not seeing PS2's for sale.. just Nintendo and Xbox stuff ... but i suppose there would still be millions of crap PS2 games (with a few gems like Resi 4) all over the walls

As it says, Sony just didnt settle, it has nothing to do with Nintendo hating Sony more than Microsoft.

Yeah I can't see how nobody can make that logical conclusion. Microsoft said "Sorry, heres lots of money, that okay?" and Sony said "No, we'll fight this" and also spent loads of money. Wonder who ended up paying more, Microsoft or Sony.

This is quite hilarious...It's ashame this didn't happen earlier than it did.

Does this mean that Nintendo are getting money off of Sony?!?! HAHAHA

Surely it's quite a lot!?

And does it mean they have to recall the rest of the PS2 packages & DuelShocks or just not sell anymore?!?