NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

Sony loses Dual Shock Patent case

wow im almost embarrased for them. but they always have their PS2 wand controller for back up right?

Sony's fault. Big stupid mistake, no wonder they are firing about 1/4 of their UK staff.But the end of the article is stupid. The reason Sony are getting taken to the cleaners is because they didn't settle.

i think this is inspired. get on nintendo. stupid sony. i would love to see game now with half its store empty. hahahahahahahaha

This means that Sony not only has to pony up and awful lot of cash to Immersion Technologies, but it has to stop infringing on the patent - that means stop selling kit which includes Dual Shock technology, and that means pulling the PS2 off the shelf.

Interestingly, Immersion is owned in part by Nintendo. The next-generation battle just took another twist...

:yay: I just had to post that :)

i think this is inspired. get on nintendo. stupid sony. i would love to see game now with half its store empty. hahahahahahahaha

It would be like a dream walking into Game and not seeing PS2's for sale.. just Nintendo and Xbox stuff ... but i suppose there would still be millions of crap PS2 games (with a few gems like Resi 4) all over the walls

IMO, this the best part

"What exactly is Nintendo's game here, letting Microsoft settle and taking Sony to the cleaners?"

nintendo must really hate sony

As it says, Sony just didnt settle, it has nothing to do with Nintendo hating Sony more than Microsoft.

*walks into GAME tumble weeds roll on by, a lowly assistant looks up "could this be the first sale in a week? maybe we shouldn't have fazzed out gamecube!"

damn right i laugh in your face.

back to reallity.

I tthink the DualShock was ugly anyway but this bit made me laugh and cheer:

Interestingly, Immersion is owned in part by Nintendo. The next-generation battle just took another twist...

I had to read it, and dont we all just love it. I sure hope though that Nintendo take the appropriate measures that this never happens to them...

What goes around comes around,Sony deserve it,what they get for pulling stunts like this

Sony am cry. Seriously, I even feel sorry for them. Well.. kind of.

Or maybe not.

As it says, Sony just didnt settle, it has nothing to do with Nintendo hating Sony more than Microsoft.

Yeah I can't see how nobody can make that logical conclusion. Microsoft said "Sorry, heres lots of money, that okay?" and Sony said "No, we'll fight this" and also spent loads of money. Wonder who ended up paying more, Microsoft or Sony.

This is quite hilarious...It's ashame this didn't happen earlier than it did.

Does this mean that Nintendo are getting money off of Sony?!?! HAHAHA

Surely it's quite a lot!?

And does it mean they have to recall the rest of the PS2 packages & DuelShocks or just not sell anymore?!?

Sign in to follow this