NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tphi

Famous people - who have you met?

For the few hours I day I'm allowed out of R-E Headquarters (where my wrists are chained to the keyboard so I'm not tempted to research.. other things online that aren't from Nintendo news) I work at the big cinema in Norwich. Yesterday, Bernard Hill (King Theoden from Lord of the Rings) came in to watch Good Night, and Good Luck and I managed to say hi to him! It rather made my day ^_^

I also said hello to Lenny Henry once on the tube while in London, and met Derren Brown (my hero - he is a God) after one of his shows.

Anybody else met other famous people?

I've met Bill Clinton (before the Lewinsky affair), nice man he was as well. I was pretty small at the time though.

Ehhh Gella Vandecaveye (sp?), female Belgian judoku, really really talented. I did karate at the time so we talked a while, nice lady.

Shigeru Miyamoto, that's really about it. My mom randomly met Prince Charles, though when she was eating in the YMCA many years ago.

I've met Jeremy Beadle at a K'Nex show once, I was about eleven but I was still in awe of him. K'Nex was a bit of a let-down though.

Musician wise I've met Alex K of Franz Ferdinand, Barry, Jaff and Ross of the Futureheads, all the Killers, all the Kaiser Chiefs and Kele from Bloc Party. Which are all total sell-out bands I know, but they're famous, so down they go.

I talked to Serj from System of a Down while he was wandering around Manchester once. He was nice despite his horrific band of death-guys from hell.

Jonathan Davis

James "munky" Shaffer

Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu

David Silveria

Plus some of their crew who are famous with KoRn fans.

Plus I know someone whos band is touring with Lacuna Coil this year.

Well I've met Colin Farrell in a hotel in an island, had to stop myself from saying 'you berk.', instead there was 'hey you were awesome in um, phonebooth'. I've also met Linford Christie, Jonathan Ross at Heathrow Airport, and Ian Gillian of er, Deep Purple.

a few years ago i did some work with anthea turner and went to her house. for a similar thing i also met the survivng 'two fat laidies' woman.

oh, and i have met kim and aggie from how clean is your house when soem friends of mine were on the show.

and band people

I have been about a metre away from Claire Sweeney, we walked past one another in Nottingham, I only just realised a few metres later but couldn't be arsed to do a U-turn.

I met Lenny Henry and helped him out at work when he was down in Cornwall. I also saw Dawn French at the same time waiting in a queue. I think I saw Les Dennis at one point too.

i have met the mighty Steven Gerrard, Milan Baros (before he was sold to Villa). i have met the legends of cricket Ian Botham, Mike Atherton, Jayasuria, Muralitheran. Zimbabwean cricketers Heath Streak, Andy Flower & Grant Flower are friends of the family. so semi-famous people.

I have only met Nick Brendon, good times indeed. He was really friendly and nice, especially as I think it was not long after he checked out of a clinic for alcoholism. Oh and Billy Boyd, forgot about him, he seemed very chipper.

I met Blackfox and his mum. They were okay. Fame may have gone to his head.

I went to Japan for a week (9 days actually) with my dad. Just for vacation. I stayed in Tokyo and on the 3rd day we went to Kyoto. I went inside a buddhist temple and then came out and walking down the street is him! The god of Nintendo. The creator of countless classics including Mario and Link! I chatted to him for about 7 minutes. He plays guitar and his dog (a colly) is names Peke and will be in Nintendogs. I have some pictures of me and him.

Shigeru2.png

Shigeru_and_peke2.png

That's right, show us your ugly mugs.

ngbbs42da99ce0e6d11uz.jpg

hairdo9fg.jpg

I went to Japan for a week (9 days actually) with my dad. Just for vacation. I stayed in Tokyo and on the 3rd day we went to Kyoto. I went inside a buddhist temple and then came out and walking down the street is him! The god of Nintendo. The creator of countless classics including Mario and Link! I chatted to him for about 7 minutes. He plays guitar and his dog (a colly) is names Peke and will be in Nintendogs. I have some pictures of me and him.

Shigeru2.png

Shigeru_and_peke2.png

You seem to have changed somewhat.

You seem to have changed somewhat.

Plus he plays Banjo and not guitar.

I really don't know why people bother bullshitting if they can't get the details right.

Shigeru2.png

Shigeru_and_peke2.png

Hahaha, you're an Arab.

Oh wait, I mean, haha, you're a liar.

Hahaha, you're an Arab.

Oh wait, I mean, haha, you're a liar.

Haha good one.

I've met most of the Huddersfield Giants no one fantastic though.

I have met loads, thou I do work at BBC television center in london so its cheating as i am working with loads of people.

I've met Jeremy Beadle at a K'Nex show once, I was about eleven but I was still in awe of him.

I bet he was happy to be able to shake hands with someone of the same hand build as him.

I've met Paul Botang, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury until May 2005 (when he held the position).

His kids were (and one still is) at my school.

I also saw Craig Charles (is that spelt right?) in a pub (bar to you continental folk) in my town.

Sign in to follow this