Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

High School Musical is bearable. Of course by bearable I mean corn-on-the-cob-holders-in-eyes-inducing. But thats fine.

The Invention of Lying

Thought it was awesome.

That its basically just "The Invention of Religion"

So that aspect tickled my feathers quite nicely (whether it was intentional for it to mean that or not)

8.7/10

High School Musical is bearable. Of course by bearable I mean corn-on-the-cob-holders-in-eyes-inducing. But thats fine.

It's fine like genocide is fine.

Edit: This is just a massive coming out movie. The entire basketball team are coming out. One guy likes to 'bake'. (I'm assuming he doesn't mean the more realistic 'get baked'.)

2nd Edit: Ah right. It's not just the basketball team. Nerd girl has come out as being into hip hop and the waster skater boy has come out as a cello player.

I can't believe people need to be told it's okay to NOT be a stereotype. Actually, I can.

3rd Edit: Awesome. Fat people dancing.

4th Edit: Want me to describe this film in one word? 'Flaming'

Edited by Daft

But it's amazingly crap.

Haha!! The play is called 'Twinkle Town'.

Edit: Toilet break. I need to wretch.

2nd Edit: What did I miss?

3rd Edit: No jokes, they are pouring their harts out. Owwwzzz noooseee, poor liddle nuclear family based middle class wite people... me sooo sad.... :(

4th Edit: Another basketball team. *avoids making obvious balls joke*

*fails*

Edited by Daft

Just flicked on to beeb 3. They're spontaneously bursting into song and dance as though that's acceptable.

No more for me.

i always wanted to know why they suddenly start singing in kids films. if that happened at random, while im out at the pub with my mates, if we all suddenly burst into song about the next night out we were palnning, wed get barred from the pub. it would be seriosuly freaky.

i always wanted to know why they suddenly start singing in kids films. if that happened at random, while im out at the pub with my mates, if we all suddenly burst into song about the next night out we were palnning, wed get barred from the pub. it would be seriosuly freaky.

Eet's not normal to burrrrst into sooong?

Holy sheeet. :(

But, singing keeps the world a happy place. With rabbits bouncing along the grass, with the Sun blowing strawberry bubblegum bubbles and with the moonpig floating down to Earth...from the moon.

So.....why are you subjecting yourself to this? Its not even car crash viewing. Its just...getting stabbed in the face viewing.

It's beyond car crash viewing. It has become a task I must overcome. I'm holding strong but my God there is another hour and forty minutes left...

Also, it's quite interesting. It's pus oozing out of the detritus of society.

Transformers is getting stabbed in the face viewing. This is more like getting bismarcked by an OAP viewing.

Edit: Alright, I'm bored. The Matrix is on ITV2.

Edited by Daft

The only decent thing about HSM (1,2 and 3) is how satisfying all the songs sound, they're crystal-clearly produced so your ears feel massaged aurally. But only by the good songs. I liked the one by Sharpay in the third one.

I watched the second one on mute the whole time though, so not sure what that's like. First was rubbish.

The only decent thing about HSM (1,2 and 3) is how satisfying all the songs sound, they're crystal-clearly produced so your ears feel massaged aurally. But only by the good songs. I liked the one by Sharpay in the third one.

I watched the second one on mute the whole time though, so not sure what that's like. First was rubbish.

I'm not a fan of the first. I like the second, and then ADORE the third one. A Night To Remember, Scream, Walk Away, Just Wanna Be With You, Now Or Never, I Want It All and High School Musical. Love.

--

Milk

Moving. Ended up having a really interesting conversation with a flatmate of mine whilst watching it, which was nice. Such an amazing story.

Scream

I love watching this with people that haven't actually seen it. Seeing someone be genuinely scared of the movie just makes me giggle now. Fantastic movie.

Not Another Teen Movie

I won't lie, I laughed loudly in a few places. The cheerleader, the security guy near the end and where he starts singing about her having a gun. Plus, you don't like banana splits? Bitch please.

Hairspray (Remake)

Such an amazingly feel good movie. I swear I never stop smiling when I watch this. I love the Without Love, I Can Hear The Bells, Ladies Choice and You Can't Stop The Beat. Great story, some great humour and a genuinely sweet ending.

Edited by Slaggis

And I'm not ashamed to say I love all three of them! :D

I even have the soundtracks

The Hole

It was alright, not a bad movie. I missed ten minutes but caught the rest, liked the twist at the end.

6/10

...and now I'm getting ready to watch True Blood on Channel 4+1

Brokeback Mountain

I'm still crying. I don't care how many times I've seen it, it's just utterly stunning. I hated how sudden Jacks death was when I first watching it, but I've slowly grown to appreciate it. I initially hated that he didn't break down in the phonebox when on the phone to Jacks wife, but now I realise why he didn't. It's just so hard to watch him stand there showing almost no reaction. The fact that even after Jacks death, he felt as though he couldn't show how he felt toward him is utterly heartbreaking.

There's just so much I want to talk about, but I know it won't be read so I'll stop. Though it's a close call between it and American Beauty, this is definitely what I would consider the best film I've personally ever had the pleasure of watching.

Oh, and the fact it won neither best film or best actor (For Ledger, who's performance was miles ahead of his performance in Dark Knight...not that I'm saying he wasn't fantastic in that either) is a total travesty.

Perfect.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Not Another Teen Movie

I won't lie, I laughed loudly in a few places. The cheerleader, the security guy near the end and where he starts singing about her having a gun. Plus, you don't like banana splits? Bitch please.

You're fucking mental, that film is amazing. Easily 9/10. Easily.

"I just jerked off in your French toast

So what if we have the same motheerrrrr tonight I'm gonna fuck my brother"

Being hilights of literally hundreds of thousands of quotes.

Brokeback Mountain

I'm still crying. I don't care how many times I've seen it, it's just utterly stunning. I hated how sudden Jacks death was when I first watching it, but I've slowly grown to appreciate it. I initially hated that he didn't break down in the phonebox when on the phone to Jacks wife, but now I realise why he didn't. It's just so hard to watch him stand there showing almost no reaction. The fact that even after Jacks death, he felt as though he couldn't show how he felt toward him is utterly heartbreaking.

Perfect.

Spoilers? If I'd read that before seeing it, I'd be sending a hitman round to end you for ruining a film for me. :p

Considering it's so unexpected...

Seriously.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Not Another Teen Movie

Hairspray (Remake)

Such an amazingly feel good movie. I swear I never stop smiling when I watch this. I love the Without Love, I Can Hear The Bells, Ladies Choice and You Can't Stop The Beat. Great story, some great humour and a genuinely sweet ending.

I'm with ReZ on that one. NATM deserves a solid 9/10, it's just too funny. The best jokes were the Bring it on and Cruel Intentions parodies.

And yeah, I get what you mean with Hairspray. I Know Where I've Been is literally one of THE best songs ever, the lyrics get me everytime.

Yeah, I've never seen it, and now I'll not bother.

How pointless. I'm sorry for forgetting the spoiler tag, but nowadays you literally know the storyline to every film being released what with trailers revealing so much nowadays (Plus, it may be unexpected, but so much more happens in the film, it's hardly a film ruiner). Thats no an excuse for me forgetting it, but that definitely doesn't warrant a comment like that.

How pointless. I'm sorry for forgetting the spoiler tag, but nowadays you literally know the storyline to every film being released what with trailers revealing so much nowadays (Plus, it may be unexpected, but so much more happens in the film, it's hardly a film ruiner). Thats no an excuse for me forgetting it, but that definitely doesn't warrant a comment like that.

I (as many will know) am anti-trailers and blurbs as far as possible, and apart from it being about gay cowboys (as everyone does let's all concede), I thankfully knew nothing else. Films aren't meant to have story points revealed. Film-makers and writers craft their work to create suspense or suprise with the events...that work is undermined if the audience know the story already.

I'm aware it's unavoidable to a degree, trailers and advertising needs to advertise what type of film it is, and why people should go see it etc. I don't have to like it. :p

(This is specifically aimed at you btw)

Up

Well actually first the short that was included, 'Partly Cloudy'. It was really cool. Sweet, cute, slightly upsetting (when it wished to be) and fun :)

I really enjoyed it. Didn't quite enjoy the girls behind me commentary at some points but yeah. The start part was quite melancholic/sad (which I'd heard it was) and the underlying reason is quite sweet. I want a Kevin and Doug! Was going to go to the Disney store afterwards and check out the merch (capitalism 1, me 0) but it was closed but they were both fun. Doug at times sounded like Henry Winkler does in Sit Down, Shut Up. Oh and Alpha's voice for most of the film was amusing. Loved the character art direction too.

Only £6.50 too, dunno why so cheap (well, compared to Toy Story last week which was £9) but not gonna complain. I love the looks you get when you go to the cinema alone. Always win :heh:

Cheaper because you went before 5:00pm probably?

Up

Loved the opening so much. One of the best sequences in an animated film ever! The rest of the film was good of course, with plenty of laughs, awww's and emotional moments, but the dogs did spoil the film a bit for me and I wasn't that keen on the adventure Carl and Russell found themselves a part of once they reached South America, but it was still a great story.

7/10

Edited by welsh_gamer

Open bar would be nice. But no, the Odeon in Birmingham.

It was £6.50??? Wah...tha...FOOK!?

Go to Starcity, it's £4.99! (at least it was when I went in July). That and the food is incredibly good value. Last time I went, I got a massive bowl of toffee popcorn and a large coke for £4. Also, get there an hour before it starts and go in the arcades :heh: