Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Saw Watchmen finally... bleh, some bits were adapted well, others not so. I didn't like the changes to the story, and they seemed to be needlessly exaggerating any sex or violence, sometimes to absurd extents (the sex scene on Archie seemed especially badly done and misplaced). Still, it was mostly fun to watch, and good to see bits of the novel being reinacted well, although there was something of an over-reliance on slow motion to highlight key action scenes, which I suppose is par for the course with Snyder. The music seemed a bit crappy to me, with some odd choices and far too many well known songs. And while the credits were awesome, I felt they'd probably alienate anyone who hadn't read the novel - indeed, the people with me who hadn't thought the film was generally a bit confused, although they did like the style of the credits.

6/10 methinks.

The Anatomy Of Hell

I was in Fopp today, browsing, and saw this for £4. I like French stuff, and was attracted by the Warning: Some Scenes May Offend sticker on the front.

Seriously the most sexually explicit thing I've ever seen in my life, despite there only being one scene where they actually have sex. Deserves the 18 rating so much.

It's ridiculously lovely though. Tells me so many things about sexuality I had never before thought about.

A lovely scene about period blood. I actually said aloud "Only women bleed" at that point, as if to ironically comment about the situation, which strangely felt really appropriate, considering the next part of the conversation was about how men felt intimidated about how period blood flows without a wound and how she could tell that a man invented tampons.

So many metaphors aswell. Like, what is the relevance of the bloodied mirror? And the fleeting image of her cutting her neck? You're guess is as good as mine. And whats the relevance of the title?

It felt funny that it opened with a gay blowjob, considering that had little relevance at all to the film as a whole.

9/10

Really uncomfortable to watch, especially since it deals with the feminine side of sex so much, but it's made me think so much.

And I love the woman's face and hair.

I've heard much about this... never actually seen it, but decided to just now.

Kevin Kline Double

In & Out

The movie which made me fall in love with the song Macho Man all over again, and Diana Ross cover I Will Survive is delightful... It does show a serious nature about how suddenly being told someone is gay affects relationships, as Kevin Kline is outted as a gay teacher three days before he's meant to be getting married [to a woman]. Plus Tom Selleck, even without his 'stache it's still worth a watch.

Watching this always makes me want to watch A Fish Called Wanda, as the Oscar "prop" used in In & Out is the one Kline won for his perfomance in A Fish Called Wanda.

Eight Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Dave

A pr0 film seeing Kline playing two roles [Not unlike Fierce Creatures], as both Dave and The President, Dave being a President lookalike [Get out?] but has his role extended when the real President has a stroke. I feel this film tries to be more serious than it should be. Plus Frank Langella spoke so quietly I had to keep upping the volume to hear him. I miss the days when he was Skeletor and spoke at an acceptible volume [sometimes louder]. Ving Rhames, after seeing him in Con Air so many times... he looks much shorted in Dave.

Even has Arnie in it.

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Chronicles Of Riddick

Not the new one. Or Pitch Black, the other one. Dont know which one it is or where it sits in the series, but, hey, it wasn't bad. Some good action, even if the story was a bit iffy. I always find that with futuristic films though. I wasn't overly wowed all in all, but i may watch the new one at some point.

6.5/10

The Majestic

Jim Carrey stars in this 1950;s era movie based after WW2. A movie producer (Carrey) gets confused with a WW2 veteran after losing his memory and lives out a different life. (it says this on the back of the box to be fair) Good story to it partly involving the American Consitution and how no-one seems to care it exists anymore right at the end except 2 people.

9/10

Chronicles Of Riddick

Not the new one. Or Pitch Black, the other one. Dont know which one it is or where it sits in the series, but, hey, it wasn't bad. Some good action, even if the story was a bit iffy. I always find that with futuristic films though. I wasn't overly wowed all in all, but i may watch the new one at some point.

6.5/10

It's the 2nd one :) I didn't realise the third one is out/will be out! What's it called?

I'm sure I remember hearing that they had always planned a trilogy...

I agree, and so researched and found this quote.

In a March 8, 2006 article on Comingsoon.net, it was reported that Vin Diesel claimed that a sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick was in the works.[3] According to him, he had already written a storyline that covered a trilogy which began with the Chronicles of Riddick

Star Wars

Nothing needs to be said really:

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpg

That's right. Eleven Shabba's. This means I could backtrack one Shabba and still fully appreciate this movie.

It's not that good. It's fun and good as universe of interesting stories/characters, but yeah. I've seen a lot of better/more interesting stories set in the outer reaches of the universe.

I've only seen it twice. Once years ago, and I was indifferent. And then a while ago, (this year) whilst slightly drunk, and I wnjoyed it because it was funny due to drink, but that's it.

It's not that good. It's fun and good as universe of interesting stories/characters, but yeah. I've seen a lot of better/more interesting stories set in the outer reaches of the universe.

I've only seen it twice. Once years ago, and I was indifferent. And then a while ago, (this year) whilst slightly drunk, and I wnjoyed it because it was funny due to drink, but that's it.

I'd rate Star Wars Episode IV 10/10.

It's a perfect movie.

I just love how all the characters are really well developed as characters. Like Leia being really annoyed at the fact she's been kidnapped, and a group of shites have come to rescue her.

And I love the fact the story is so self-contained. It must have felt so lovely in 1978 or whenever when it was released, in that such an expansive galaxy is mentioned, but only a tiny window is shown.

I love the costumes aswell. Darth Vader is such a lovely original design when you think about it.

It's just been parodied far too many times. If it were less famous it would be the loveliest.