Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Little Miss Sunshine

I loved it. The cast was awesome. Strange seeing Steve Carell in a serious/suicidal role, he was excellent. Excellent.

10/10

I love that movie soo much.

Watching the Detectives

A quirky little thing I caught on showtime I watched it since it had Cillian Murphy in it, it also had Lucy Liu which is a plus I suppose. A romantic comedy with some funny bits to it, I wouldn't be opposed to a second viewing.

7/10

I watched the first third of Cruel Intentions, but found it pretty blah, so haven't watched anymore. It was a in a pile recommended by teh girl living with me who has awful taste, but it felt like it might be good (as I love Sarah Michelle Gellar).

I watched the first third of Cruel Intentions, but found it pretty blah, so haven't watched anymore. It was a in a pile recommended by teh girl living with me who has awful taste, but it felt like it might be good (as I love Sarah Michelle Gellar).

It isn't terrible, tbh. A re-interpretation of Dangerous Liaisons.

Cruel Intentions is one of those brilliantly trashy films (with a pretty good soundtrack to boot). Did you get up to the line "you can stick it in me anywhere"? Hot smut.

I really liked Little Miss Sunshine but... didn't you feel like it was a hollywood movie trying to jump on the hollywood bandwagon?

A Hollywood movie trying to jump on the Hollywood bandwagon?

I don't get what you mean.

I really liked Little Miss Sunshine but... didn't you feel like it was a hollywood movie trying to jump on the hollywood bandwagon?

I'm with daft.

Wut?

Iron Man

First viewing, and I don't see what all the initial fuss was about. It was good, but nothing special.

7.5/10

Saw Watchmen. Eh, it was ok. It just seemed like they spent so much time trying to be thought provoking and stuff and forgot to be entertaining. Just a bit too slow IMO 7/10

Gran Torino was awesome. Some ropey acting, but good none the less. 9/10

I think he means "indie".

I got that impression, but we can't tar a film because it has lots of Hollywood actors in it etc.

---

I'll finish Cruel Intentions at some point. It wasn't awful just...strangely acted and unbelievable. It felt like it would be more suited on stage or something.

Also good soundtrack or no, they mixing on the version of Every You Every Me they use is horrific.

I assume he means a hollywood movie trying to jump on the indie bandwagon.

I kind of see what he means too, although I still loved that movie.

St Trinians

Shocking. I can see how it might appeal to a younger audience, but to me it was cringeful throughout. The best part was the catchy girls aloud song at the end. Seriously. I just really hate children in movies, they cant act! Russel Brand was barely in it either, nor Micha Barton for that matter. They were just cheap cameos to make the film sound better.

3/10

St Trinians

Shocking. I can see how it might appeal to a younger audience, but to me it was cringeful throughout. The best part was the catchy girls aloud song at the end. Seriously. I just really hate children in movies, they cant act! Russel Brand was barely in it either, nor Micha Barton for that matter. They were just cheap cameos to make the film sound better.

3/10

I did enjoy/laugh at the crucified girl in R.M.E.

Terminator 2

I saw this again, but fell asleep through most of the middle bit.

I just love Sarah Connor, and how she's realistically paranoid and realistically good at fighting. I love the final scene, where it's the definition of "FUCK. YOU. FUCK. YOU." shooting a shotgun and reloading with one arm.

I hate children. John Connor especially.

8/10

haha - yeah I meant indie bandwagon :) Wups.

lol, Yeah I guess it could be considered that. Either way it's not going to effect my enjoyment of it. In the end I'd rather watch another Little Miss Sunshine than...Blast! What do the kids watch these days...Fantastic Four or something. :heh:

The Anatomy Of Hell

I was in Fopp today, browsing, and saw this for £4. I like French stuff, and was attracted by the Warning: Some Scenes May Offend sticker on the front.

Seriously the most sexually explicit thing I've ever seen in my life, despite there only being one scene where they actually have sex. Deserves the 18 rating so much.

It's ridiculously lovely though. Tells me so many things about sexuality I had never before thought about.

A lovely scene about period blood. I actually said aloud "Only women bleed" at that point, as if to ironically comment about the situation, which strangely felt really appropriate, considering the next part of the conversation was about how men felt intimidated about how period blood flows without a wound and how she could tell that a man invented tampons.

So many metaphors aswell. Like, what is the relevance of the bloodied mirror? And the fleeting image of her cutting her neck? You're guess is as good as mine. And whats the relevance of the title?

It felt funny that it opened with a gay blowjob, considering that had little relevance at all to the film as a whole.

9/10

Really uncomfortable to watch, especially since it deals with the feminine side of sex so much, but it's made me think so much.

And I love the woman's face and hair.