Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

No I haven't, as many don't appeal to me.

But would love to try more...

Recommendations?

I'd start with the most recent ones, mainly because they tend to be more accessible to your generation, mainly Tim Burton & Baz Luhrmann... Moulin Rouge, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Romeo + Juliet, etc.

Then go with the classics... Singin' in the rain, sound of music, My fair lady, west side story, cabaret, a star is born, Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, fiddler on the roof, mary poppins... you know the drill, I guess. :)

You haven't seen many musicals, have you? :heh:

It's not bad, but it's not great either... it's... "good", I guess. I'll never get the travesti of it winning best movie at the oscars... I mean, look at the competition! The Pianist, The Hours, Two Towers... why the fuck did they pick chicago? Even Gangs of New York would've made more sense... But yeah, The Pianist not winning is one of those huge mysteries that will forever haunt the academy... Meh...

Wow, Chicago one an Oscar! I did not know that. Suprise of the day!

I can't believe it managed to do that and from such competition as well! I'm shocked.

How i'd rate the Starwars Trilogy (in terms of out of 10):

Omg normal ratings! :o What happened to the Bears? (they will be back. :p)

I: 5/10

II: 6/10

III: 7/10

IV 8/10

V: 8.8/10

VI: 9/10

I'm not as bigger Starwars fan as other people. :) But they are good films! plus I haven't watched one in ages! AGES!

I think I've seen all those classic Musicals you've listed O_W. I watched most of them when I was younger and loved everyone of them!

The Incredible Hulk

Fairly enjoyable, but still somewhat lacking. An absolutely massive improvement over the last one (I only saw bits of the last one though....took a long time for me to realise it was the film and not the old TV show the CGI was that bad). I preferred it to Iron Man (even though the plot followed pretty much the exact same structure).

7.5/10

I'd start with the most recent ones, mainly because they tend to be more accessible to your generation, mainly Tim Burton & Baz Luhrmann... Moulin Rouge, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Romeo + Juliet, etc.

Then go with the classics... Singin' in the rain, sound of music, My fair lady, west side story, cabaret, a star is born, Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, fiddler on the roof, mary poppins... you know the drill, I guess. :)

Haha, I have seen all the ones in the top section, Moulin Rouge is also one of my favourites :)

I just love the quirkyness of it ^_^

Haven't seen Nightmare and Corpse Bride for a while now, will give them another watch, Sweeney Todd I liked, but I tend to go for more....colourful films :P

Romeo + Juliet I have to see again, I watched it in English, like over the spread of 5 lessons, so can't really remember it that well.

Sound of Music :heart: :heart:

Mary Poppins I love aswell :)

So I guess I have seen a few :P

Star Wars Episode III

Not sure what to think. That is all.

?/10

It's a few years since I watched this so I'm a little rusty but I remember enjoy parts but there were some awful and embarrassing moments like Darth's awakening and the reason Padme died!!! I'd give it about a 7/10 ..... maybe, I'll re-watch it soon and then be able to judge it better.

It's a few years since I watched this so I'm a little rusty but I remember enjoy parts but there were some awful and embarrassing moments like Darth's awakening and the reason Padme died!!! I'd give it about a 7/10 ..... maybe, I'll re-watch it soon and then be able to judge it better.

Yeah that was a bit shit. She just sort of died.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 10/10

I didn't catch all of it due to seeing the Dark Knight again, but I've watched it enough times to give it a proper rating. I can't fault it at all. Sam's speech in Osgiliath at the end always gets to me. :(

It's amazing, Two Towers is the worst of the 3, and it's still ridiculously good. :awesome:

It's amazing, Two Towers is the worst of the 3, and it's still ridiculously good. :awesome:

Definitely. Return of the King is my favourite (that's on on Saturday night, woohoo!). I have all the extended editions, but I always watch them when they're on TV. :heh:

For me I'd say they'd get better! but of course that's just my opinion. :)

I'm interested to find out why you don't like the second one as much as the first? :D

For me the 3rd is definately the best it combines the best of 1 and 2 I feel. Though the lack of the scouring of the shire still hurts! :p

I'd give Two Towers, 6 and a half bears out of 7.

I also don't know why I get excited when they are on TV when I have them on DVD but I DO! too excited.

For me I'd say they'd get better! but of course that's just my opinion. :)

I'm interested to find out why you don't like the second one as much as the first? :D

For me the 3rd is definately the best it combines the best of 1 and 2 I feel. Though the lack of the scouring of the shire still hurts! :p

I'd give Two Towers, 6 and a half bears out of 7.

I also don't know why I get excited when they are on TV when I have them on DVD but I DO! too excited.

To be honest, I love Moria. That's why I preffer the 1st to the 2nd.

:D Because they're both 9.5s as far as I'm concerned. And Return is a solid 10.

Haha, you can't get a better reason than that. fair enough. : peace:

I completely agree with your scoring. :heart: Return of the King is my favourite film, I haven't seen a film to reach its epicness. (though I have many classics to watch :))

Ah ha, the thread has had its title adapted. I feel I can rate Batman: The Dark Knight now.

2/10 and I'm not quite sure what its getting that two for. Being Batman I suppose. Bollocks film, too long, boring, Christian Bale is still crap as Batman, the Joker was cack, the story was useless, took itself too seriously, your man is still cack as Senator Gordon, Michael Caine is still cack as Alfred, the gadgets were cack, that sonar caper was cack... his voice as Batman was absolute rubbish! I could go on, but it feels good to finally get that bit off my fingertips at last.

Rated IN MY OPINION of course, you Dark Knight loving slags. :p

I take it you're getting the new LOTRO expansion pack in November then? : peace: I really need to get back in to that, I cancelled my subscription due to exams. We need to form an N-E Fellowship.

Haha, you can't get a better reason than that. fair enough. : peace:

I completely agree with your scoring. :heart: Return of the King is my favourite film, I haven't seen a film to reach its epicness. (though I have many classics to watch :))

I agree. I thought the Dark Knight could match it, but upon a second watching I'll bring it down to a 9.5. Pelennor Fields and the siege of Minas Tirith was fantastic - I also love the Witch-king as a villain.

We need to form an N-E Fellowship in real (internet) life. :heh:

Fixed. :p

YOU HAVE MY BOW!

on the way we will face ugly trolls, as we explore the depths of the internet!

I agree. I thought the Dark Knight could match it, but upon a second watching I'll bring it down to a 9.5. Pelennor Fields and the siege of Minas Tirith was fantastic - I also love the Witch-king as a villain.

I briefly thought Dark Knight could match them but realised I was being foolish. :)

The whole of the Return of the King was fantastic I didn't get bored once during the whole 3 or so hours! The Witch King is epic. :D

Only thing missing was the Scouring of the shires really!

Only thing missing was the Scouring of the shires really!

see, i think that would have been an anti climax. after the specticle of the outher fights, the amount riding on the outcome, the scouring of the shire would feel, well, meh.

in terms of the book, its great, and i loved that scene, i loved how it seemed to show that when you come home from war, the place you knew is gone. (imagine tolkien felt like that after fighting in WW1)

I have to admit myself, Return of the King is my personal favorite of the 3 Lord of the Rings movies. It is just something about it that makes it so good, and i can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway

Way of the Dragon

Stars Bruce Lee. This is the only Bruce Lee movie i know of that utalizes the double Nunchuck skill. Good movie, story is ok but the action speaks louder along with the Norris-Lee fight.

9/10

Ah ha, the thread has had its title adapted. I feel I can rate Batman: The Dark Knight now.

2/10 and I'm not quite sure what its getting that two for. Being Batman I suppose. Bollocks film, too long, boring, Christian Bale is still crap as Batman, the Joker was cack, the story was useless, took itself too seriously, your man is still cack as Senator Gordon, Michael Caine is still cack as Alfred, the gadgets were cack, that sonar caper was cack... his voice as Batman was absolute rubbish! I could go on, but it feels good to finally get that bit off my fingertips at last.

Rated IN MY OPINION of course, you Dark Knight loving slags. :p

No idea if this is a joke or not. But if it isn't, you need to get some sort of asylum stay sorted out for yourself, soon.