Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

One thing I've been meaning to mention for a while:

You're the only person I know who still cares about The Simpsons.

That is because I am the only one who still cares about The Simpsons! :p

Seriously, I don't know anyone else either. everyone knows it's gone downhill but i approach the episodes in a completely different way these days and find a lot of them quite fun! and some of them still shine through! :D

I think Season 19 is on the up and is better than 17 and 18! although it still had bad episodes (husband and Knives) :)

Al Jean has been on it to long as well!

The ratings have started to decline and the show last Sunday saw it's lowest amount of viewers.....

That is because I am the only one who still cares about The Simpsons! :p

I also watch the Simpsons regularly. Although I get the impression they are more random now with quite strange stories tied together.

Still good for a laugh every week.

I also watch the Simpsons regularly. Although I get the impression they are more random now with quite strange stories tied together.

Still good for a laugh every week.

Awesome! :D

Are you watching Season 19?

It definately has a lot of odd plots and too many subplots that don't go anywhere but they have been on for 20 years it's hard to come up with plots when they have done everything! :)

Even when they are thinking of new episodes they are like "simpsons already did it" :heh:

The homer/marge spilt up storyline has been done too many times. :shakehead

Speed Racer

The racing parts are awesome, and full of fantastic GCI. The fighting scenes are also pretty cool. The rest of the scenes are a mixed batch - and some contain the worst CGI ever.

8/10

I still care about The Simpsons! Although I haven't watched any of the new episodes since Sky bought them, which is what, about five years or something? I did see a World of Warcraft inspired episode but that wasn't very good.

Still, there is at least a decade of perfect Simpsons.

Matrix: what is so terrible about 2 and 3? There are some awkward scenes with the Oracle but apart from that I thought they were wonderful movies. I've never understood the backlash. And I'm not some Wachowski fanboy either, I mean, V for Vendetta was a nightmare for me.

Awesome! :D

Are you watching Season 19?

It definately has a lot of odd plots and too many subplots that don't go anywhere but they have been on for 20 years it's hard to come up with plots when they have done everything! :)

Even when they are thinking of new episodes they are like "simpsons already did it" :heh:

The homer/marge spilt up storyline has been done too many times. :shakehead

Yes I agree, some of the stuff is really strange but it has some really humorous parts as well, although these are more often stupid actions rather than witty dialogue :(

i dont want to get to much into annouther matrix rant but in bassic terms - they were nonsense. 1 was insanely good, 2 was watchable, 3 was a mess. like they were rushed and ill thought out.

neo was too powerfull and making him fly was a huge mistake. some acting might of helped, rather then the whole cast just reading lines.

any way

hard boiled.

bit diffrent, the plot was hard to follow, and alot of the dialouge was hillarious. the action was great, bourdered funny at how ott it was, still great entertainment. the photo fit of alan was so funny, litteraly the most usless thing ive ever seen

I just don't see it. The whole ending thing I understand, how it isn't clear cut and so on, but it's not a crazy structured movie or anything. There's nothing wild about a big siege scene and a seperate hero-going-solo strand, just like LOTR.

I just don't see it. The whole ending thing I understand, how it isn't clear cut and so on, but it's not a crazy structured movie or anything. There's nothing wild about a big siege scene and a seperate hero-going-solo strand, just like LOTR.

a page or two back i go mental over matrix 3. i think i even mention it there that it isnt the film thats so bad, its the fact its the matrix.

if they had left it at the first it would be a classic forever, and doubtlessly we would beg for more

Guest bluey

every time i read "speed racer" in this thread the theme song starts playing in my head.... :wtf:

goooo, speed, go! let! that! mach! five! rock n roll!

you got the power speed racerrr, let it show!!

goooo speeeeeed go!!! :laughing:

Closer - 8/10

Very good, and pretty depressing in a way.

Not cliched, which was good.

ALSO! Never realised that the songs titles "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" and "But It's Better If You Do" by Panic At The Disco were quotes from Natalie Portman, who was great here.

The "twist" at the end was very poignant, and further blurred the 4 characters, and whether they were "good" or "bad", as it were.

"-I created the Matrix... and several popular videogames. Like Q*bert and Dig Dug. I didn't create frogger, but I did come up with the name for it. Do you believe they wanted to call it Highway Crossing Frog?

-That is so lame!

-I know! Lamest thing I've ever heard! *scoffs* Highway Crossing Frog.."

Anyway I just hate Reloaded, Revolutions was good, it just felt very different from the first Matrix, but I quite liked it.

Grave of the Fireflies

A nice bleak film before bed. I have seen far worse on live action television programmes (namely Nip/Tuck) but something about seeing their mother like that really shocked me.

A sweet and fantastic story. I'd go as far as saying it is beautiful.

Forbidden Kingdom

Delivers what's expected, fun and entertaining kung fu fights. But it's a very good movie, great coreography, seeing Li and Chan together is amazing, great mix between "realistic" fighting and exaggerated fighting like Crouching tiger, awesome soundtrack and great props. Also, hot chicks. And The Monkey King Legend ^^ Goku \o\

any way

hard boiled.

bit diffrent, the plot was hard to follow, and alot of the dialouge was hillarious. the action was great, bourdered funny at how ott it was, still great entertainment. the photo fit of alan was so funny, litteraly the most usless thing ive ever seen

wonderful, gloriously dumb stuff. highlights include exploding letter boxes.

Se7en

Wasn't as thrilling or psychological as critics made it seem, but it became more enjoyable once Kevin Spacey showed up.

6/10

The French Connection

Gritty and realistic cop film with some great set-pieces.

7.5/10

Lucky Number Slevin

Very enjoyable and stylish gangster/thriller film, with a top cast. The "explanation of the story/twists" etc scene at the end drags on forver though. Underrated imo!

8.5/10

Absolute Power

Great plot, where we see Clint Eastwood as a thief, witnessing the President of the United States, played by Gene Hackman, commiting murder. Sadly not enough was done with this idea, and the ending was rushed, but I still enjoyed it very much.

7.5/10

What Happens In Vegas

Wasn't expecting too much from the film, but I actually really enjoyed it!

Lots of laughs, good fun storyline, oh and, Cameron Diaz :)

8/10

What Happens In Vegas

Hmmmm. Im normally "overly generous" and have an open mind for these types of rompy films, but this one was kinda bad. I normally dont care about pacing and all that jazz, and heck dont normally notice it, but in this film it is really rather bad! And some of the jokes fall flat.

I kinda almost feel the trailer was more entertaining than the film. But the trailer was really good to be fair.

6/10