Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I disagree, but those are good ones too. If one overall "best" had to be proclaimed, I guess it'd be The Dead Zone. Or maybe Naked Lunch. Some would even argue The Fly or Videodrome. Dead Ringers is a beast of great power. Existenz is an existencial (lol) masterpiece.

Crash is a bit shit.

oh crash. fucking crash. don't get me STARTED about that fucking movie... he made me watch that a few months after i'd had an accident (window+my face=owweee...) and was dealing with having fairly large, and at the time prominent scarring to my face. :blank:

bluey. no. like.

i know it's irrational, like my dislike of spiders because they move all skittley.. cronenburg movies just seem to annoy the crap outta me >:|

I liked Eastern Promises a little less than AHOV but I still love it a lot. Or maybe I liked it the same, it is complicated. I've seen The Fly, but not Naked Lunch/Crash (I've read the books) or the others. Guess I have some films to see.

Airplane: it's Airplane. And I liked Scary Movie 3 for the record, when I was 16 or however old I was.

Also, I thought this was a good article: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/02/25/fan-rant-viggo-mortensen-is-nominated-world-fails-to-notice/

No Country for Old Men

Not a bad film, wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, and the ending was just like...huh?? Still, I quite enjoyed it - loved the way it was shot and directed

8/10

Superbad

Not as funny as I was expecting from reading other peoples' reviews, not a patch on American Pie, but the cops alone make it worth watching

6/10

You're gay.

Edit: In your opinion

I am the law.

Anyway, same applies to your post. :wink:

tbh Road Trip > American Pie & SuperBad

Man dick > your mouth.

:heh:

Anywayz:

Moartea Domnului Lazarescu (The Death Of Mister Lazarescu)

Dear god, it's good. Extremelly powerfull. The absence of any sugar coating of any sort, along with the absent soundtrack gives this a perfect atmosphere for despair.

8/10

You dont like Road Trip and you dont like American Pie? Think you take the critical standpoint on film analysis a little too strongly sometimes Oxigen. Both cracking teenage comedies and spawned a million imitators that just didnt work (superbad worked 50%).

Both are great for a quick laugh at house parties. None of them stick with you. Superbad is witty and spirited, if you want to compare it to other comedies, I suggest you let go of Road Trip and American Pie and go to the source of teen comedies, Dazed & Confused, National Lampoon's Animal House or Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

American Pie and Road Trip are just no match for Superbad.

Superbad is the incarnate spirit of truly great comedies, unlike AP & RT, who rely too much on Gross-out stereotypes to actually make an impression. But hey, that's just my two cents.

Dazed & Confused, National Lampoon's Animal House .

classic films.

And yes the gross out gags do let American Pie and Road Trip down, but they are still great movies with a human story at their core which most adolesent males should be able to relate too.

Road Trip in particular, to me if you removed all the gross out gags and kept the same cast it would still be a great movie. The chemistry between the 5 lads was immense

classic films.

And yes the gross out gags do let American Pie and Road Trip down, but they are still great movies with a human story at their core which most adolesent males should be able to relate too.

Road Trip in particular, to me if you removed all the gross out gags and kept the same cast it would still be a great movie. The chemistry between the 5 lads was immense

There's no denying that they're heavily watchable, but for smooth chill out comedies, I preffer something like Waiting... or the likes.

The Bourne Identity

Last time I watched this, was when it came out on VHS, and I didn't really get it then. Enjoyable thriller with impressive action scenes, and a good supporting cast. I'm still not a fan of Matt Damon, but hopefully the next 2 films will sway me.

6.5/10

The Invasion

Remake of the 1956 film, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (which I loved), starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. Truly awful. The editing and directing was some of the worst I have ever seen, and I'm pretty certain that this is the worst remake since the Coen brothers' The Ladykillers.

2/10 (I think Nicole and Daniel deserve a point each just for starring in this disaster.)

The Bourne Identity

Last time I watched this, was when it came out on VHS, and I didn't really get it then. Enjoyable thriller with impressive action scenes, and a good supporting cast. I'm still not a fan of Matt Damon, but hopefully the next 2 films will sway me.

6.5/10

The Invasion

Remake of the 1956 film, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (which I loved), starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. Truly awful. The editing and directing was some of the worst I have ever seen, and I'm pretty certain that this is the worst remake since the Coen borthers' The Ladykillers.

2/10 (I think Nicole and Daniel deserve a point each just for starring in this disaster.)

WoW... I really like the Bourne Trilogy i would give them a 9/10 - 8.5/10 and a 9/10 in that order :P

I like Invasion aswell though. It was a nice movie that i could just sit down to and chill out, i would say a 6.5/10.

So the last movie i saw was:

Pulp Fiction

IMHO one of the greatest movies of all time. Quentin comes up with the goods in this film, its engrossing from start to finish and has some of the greatest lines in any film ever. The cast is incredible ranging from Vingh Rhames (Spelling >.>) to John Travolta and Bruce Willis. I love seeing what happens to people before it happens with the timeline all screwy :P Uma Therman is great in it as is Samuel L Jackson!

10/10

Z's dead baby, Z's dead :P:P

existenz is fucking quality. such a deeply weird film :)

It's not that deep, though.

oh crash. fucking crash. don't get me STARTED about that fucking movie... he made me watch that a few months after i'd had an accident (window+my face=owweee...) and was dealing with having fairly large, and at the time prominent scarring to my face. :blank:

bluey. no. like.

i know it's irrational, like my dislike of spiders because they move all skittley.. cronenburg movies just seem to annoy the crap outta me >:|

I could imagine that watching the movie after going through such an experience would make it seem a lot grosser than it does to others.

Which should I watch first? Collateral, Short Cuts or Stand By Me?

I'm in the mood for getting deeply absorbed in a movie :P Short Cuts will be the most absorbing, collateral the most easily solved and Stand By Me a bit of an experiment :P Something challenging, something intriguing and something fun! Problem is the order is gonna affect how I relate the films subconsciously.

WoW... I really like the Bourne Trilogy i would give them a 9/10 - 8.5/10 and a 9/10 in that order :P

That's because you're gay. How in the world is Identity > Supremacy? And even worst, Identity = Ultimatum???

Ultimatum is the true great one of the bunch. The best of them, and very very superior to the other 2.

Identity

6.5/10

Supremacy

6.9/10

Ultimatum

8.5/10

Road Trip, American Pie and Superbad are all amazing.

Fact.

Wow, that's even more amazing. How can you say that?