Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

bee movie

....OH the crap i watch while my life slowly ticks away!!!

*ahem*

meh...it was ok. some parts were funny, and it kept me busy for an hour and a half ~ what more could i ask from a kid's movie about a bee?

i give it 'meh'/10

I LOVE O Brother, Where Art Thou!

The songs are awesome ^_^

i have "the big rock candy mountain" on LP O____o

i'm a 60 year old TRAPPED in a 21 year old's body. (go me!)

Synecdoche, New York

I had a dream the other night. In that dream the new Charlie Kaufman film (and his directorial debut) Synecdoche, New York was premiered on the terrestrial TV channel, Channel 4. I had previously read the script and was both baffled and gobsmacked by it. The film itself left me feeling even more gobsmacked, the visuals were stunning and everything was all very strange. From what I can remember Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible in his role as Caden Cotard, with the supporting cast (including Samantha Morton, Catherine Keener, Hope Davis, Emily Watson & Michelle Williams) were equally brilliant.

It seems strange to me that Kaufman chose to premiere his new film this way, on a television channel in the twisted dreams of a 20-year-old film student, but alas I am grateful. It was a unique experience that I hope will be repeated when I see this with my own eyes sometime later this year and that I will finally be able to come to terms with how multi-layered this film actually is.

9/10

Nope...not ringing any bells. My memory is telling me theres only one Matrix movie.

rez is of course completely right. there are no sequels. :blank:

Die Hard 4.0

Same as i have said before, but now with additional stuff. This is a good movie but only downside is it doesn't feel like a Die Hard movie, unlike the original and 2 sequels after it do. 8/10

Waterworld

Futuristic action/adventure movie with Kevin Costner. Shows an Earth once the ice-caps have melted and only a few specs of land have survived above water. People live on man-made islands and all that. Brilliant under-looked movie by many with some great action scenes and some laughable moments. 9/10

It is! Reloaded wasn't so bad, but revolutions was utter shit.

I think it's the complete opposite. Reloaded was litterally a filler movie. It barely had any story, it was just stretched out action sequences snd overused slow mo. The only cool thing was Monica Belluci and the Architect. Revolutions on the other hand, really had a lot of story and was very good closure for the trilogy as it really set the story apart from all the movies, book and anime that the first movie "ripped off". While it was a radical departure from the first one's style (which is why most people hate it, specially because the first one was more stle than anything) I liked it very much. The first one still is the shit though.

I think it's the complete opposite. Reloaded was litterally a filler movie. It barely had any story, it was just stretched out action sequences snd overused slow mo. The only cool thing was Monica Belluci and the Architect. Revolutions on the other hand, really had a lot of story and was very good closure for the trilogy as it really set the story apart from all the movies, book and anime that the first movie "ripped off". While it was a radical departure from the first one's style (which is why most people hate it, specially because the first one was more stle than anything) I liked it very much. The first one still is the shit though.

Really? I enjoyed the slowmo/fight scenes, especially the freeway part. Revolutions just bored me to tears. Also, the whole blind thing made me laugh too.

Though, I agree that the first is the shit.

Atonement - 9/10

After reading the book I was quite keen to see how well this film had made the transition, its magnificent. Theres one scen on Dunkirk which is really well shot, the camera doesn't change for about 10 mins. I truly reccomened this film.

The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie

Don't know why it's taken me so long to watch this, but I only watched this classic Cassavettes film last night. All about a nightclub owner with the world at his feet who gets into a gambling debt with the wrong people. Not a pretty film to look at, but the intrusive cinematography is highly effective and some of the bizarre musical numbers are masterful to watch.

Easy to see why it's so highly praised and it's influence on modern filmmakers is clear from the very beginning.

8/10

Synecdoche, New York

I had a dream the other night. In that dream the new Charlie Kaufman film (and his directorial debut) Synecdoche, New York was premiered on the terrestrial TV channel, Channel 4. I had previously read the script and was both baffled and gobsmacked by it. The film itself left me feeling even more gobsmacked, the visuals were stunning and everything was all very strange. From what I can remember Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible in his role as Caden Cotard, with the supporting cast (including Samantha Morton, Catherine Keener, Hope Davis, Emily Watson & Michelle Williams) were equally brilliant.

It seems strange to me that Kaufman chose to premiere his new film this way, on a television channel in the twisted dreams of a 20-year-old film student, but alas I am grateful. It was a unique experience that I hope will be repeated when I see this with my own eyes sometime later this year and that I will finally be able to come to terms with how multi-layered this film actually is.

9/10

Arrggggg I can't wait to watch that... I love Kaufman. :shakehead

ALSO... I hate Cassavetes. lol.

Demolition man

As always I enjoy watching this film, always makes me laugh. I would have been 3 when this was released haha!

10/10!

Really? :confused:

Arrggggg I can't wait to watch that... I love Kaufman. :shakehead

ALSO... I hate Cassavetes. lol.

I actually did watch it in a dream though, but thought it so close to how I imagine it to be (and such a Kaufman-esque thing to do) that I decided to review it anyway.

I don't think anybody has seen it yet, it's slated to premiere at Cannes and the first still has only just been released. Looks very interesting, you can see it over at beingcharliekaufman.com