NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Independence Day is shocking. It's...just absolute dross.

That's what I thought of Airplane!

*hugs*

yeah, well I'm right :heh:

That you are.

Still, Airplane is massively overrated. But it's way better than Independence Day.

Angels and Demons

Actually rather enjoyed it. Followable story if you're up for another Da Vinci Code. If you disliked that, stay well away from this. I thought this was the better of the two, though.

7/10

Angels and Demons

Actually rather enjoyed it. Followable story if you're up for another Da Vinci Code. If you disliked that, stay well away from this. I thought this was the better of the two, though.

7/10

Ya i don't get all the hate for it either..

Never read the books mind you but I don't care.. It's also "out-there" in some of it's ideas but I thought it was an enjoyable one.

Of which is completed

"See you at the Party Richter".

Anywho, moving on nicely now

Independence Day

Stars Will Smith, Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum. Darn good movie, enough said to be fair.

10/10

good lord !..

where to start.. doesn't the president become a pilot eventually? yep that's one... the patriotism you couldn't get the fuck away from...

man for a movie that came out around the same time as twister.. I preferred twister.. and that's not saying much tehre i must say..

Independance day 5/10

twister 6/10

Independance day 5/10

twister 6/10

Bah!

Both deserve an 8/10.

Mum and Dad

Very good horror movie IMO. Never relied a lot on gore but there was some creepy moments. The acting wasn't bad and neither was the storyline. There's one or two things that were gross.

7/10

where to start.. doesn't the president become a pilot eventually? yep that's one... the patriotism you couldn't get the fuck away from...

Independance day 5/10

twister 6/10

There's a good chance a president would be able to fly, as they might have a miltary background.

But think it's actually the trailor park dad who become a fighter jet pilot.

Anyways, I prefer Independance Day to Twister...

Independance Day: 8/10 [good fun watch]

Twister: 5/10 [Helen Hunts annoying!]

yes, the president jumps in his jet, as does trailer park day. infact, every one in the country becomes a fighter pilot. then again, the situation they were in, its kinda understandable the president would jump in a jet and kick some ass. short on men, short on moral, it would be kinda inspiring i suppose

say what you want about it being corney. any film in which will smith punches an alien in the face then says "now thats what i call a close encounter" with a cigar in his mouth is 8/10 teritory.

fun fact time!

whilst interviewed on television, wil smith revealed that he cant swim. his interviewer says "but you swim in independence day!" wil smith says "i also punch an alien in the face."

Independence Day is my childhood film. So many quotes from that film... so many classic quotes. Good to see Chris is with me on this.

You Don't Mess with the Zohan

I like Adam Sandler but this was just bad, I was waiting for it to end for a long time. It was just too stupid for me. I think it's time I rent a more serious film...

I haven't seen a good movie with Adam Sandler in since.... wait.

aw I like Big Daddy, saw it twice in the cinema when I was 11. Anger Management is good too.

I loved Zohan. Its so stupid its brilliant. Plus "Fizzy Bubbly" will stay with me forever.

Still shocked about the Will Smith thing. Can he really not swim?! Regardless, Independece Day rocks. Definite 9/10.

The Bourne Ultimatum was so awesome to watch. Half-hour chase sequence after half-hour chase sequence, it's amazing how little plot there really is - but then, it really doesn't matter at all! Funsies.

I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK is how One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest would've been if Kauffman had written it and if burton had directed it with no budget at all. Chan-Wook Park, the writer/director for teh Sympathy trilogy, is a nutter.

If you like Save The Green Planet then you'll like this. No gore or fear involved at all, just pure quirk in a jar.

It was established he was a pilot before president. I believe there was even a picture displaying him in a plane earlier on.

They asked for anyone with flying experience. Since all the normal fighter jet pilots went to that big choppa in the sky.

The Bourne Ultimatum was so awesome to watch. Half-hour chase sequence after half-hour chase sequence, it's amazing how little plot there really is - but then, it really doesn't matter at all! Funsies.

I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK is how One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest would've been if Kauffman had written it and if burton had directed it with no budget at all. Chan-Wook Park, the writer/director for teh Sympathy trilogy, is a nutter.

If you like Save The Green Planet then you'll like this. No gore or fear involved at all, just pure quirk in a jar.

have you not seen Bourne before?

I actually really like the plot of the trillogy- it's told quite...sparsely, but it's definitely there. It makes better viewing when you watch all 3.

Incidently, my dad was talking about how crap Independance Day is on the way to school today.

I love Will Smith, but I just don't see how a film with him as the main character could achieve a 10. Lots of 9s maybe.

Independance Day is laughable in places, I'd say a 7.

I could say Enemy of the State stars Will Smith and i would award that a 10 in places as well.

Independence Day is shocking. It's...just absolute dross.

:nono: tut tut, how can you say such a thing. It is a brilliant movie.

Independance day 5/10

Ooohhh, so so harsh words my friend. Independance Day is a good movie to watch in HD my friend. Try it, its great.

Bah!

Both deserve an 8/10.

There's a good chance a president would be able to fly, as they might have a miltary background.

Anyways, I prefer Independance Day to Twister...

Independance Day: 8/10 [good fun watch]

Twister: 5/10 [Helen Hunts annoying!]

yes, the president jumps in his jet, as does trailer park day. infact, every one in the country becomes a fighter pilot. then again, the situation they were in, its kinda understandable the president would jump in a jet and kick some ass. short on men, short on moral, it would be kinda inspiring i suppose

say what you want about it being corney. any film in which will smith punches an alien in the face then says "now thats what i call a close encounter" with a cigar in his mouth is 8/10 teritory.

whilst interviewed on television, wil smith revealed that he cant swim. his interviewer says "but you swim in independence day!" wil smith says "i also punch an alien in the face."

Independence Day is my childhood film. So many quotes from that film... so many classic quotes. Good to see Chris is with me on this.

Still shocked about the Will Smith thing. Can he really not swim?! Regardless, Independece Day rocks. Definite 9/10.

We have ourselves some fans of the movie, thank you guys

Angels and Demons

Thought it was a better read than Da vinci code but it failed to show through to the movie. It was ok, nothing special and they changed far to much from the book.

have you not seen Bourne before?

I actually really like the plot of the trillogy- it's told quite...sparsely, but it's definitely there. It makes better viewing when you watch all 3.

Seen the entire trilogy now :) Just thought i'd reflect upon this as I can't remember the others specifically well.

I certainly felt that there was more story in the other films, but this third film was just needless vengeance - bourne taking the fight to them because they couldn't leave him alone. Vengeance always works best with as little plot as possible.

I think the films are great - and you know what? We should totally watch all three in one go.

Still shocked about the Will Smith thing. Can he really not swim?!

apparently, its more difficult for black people to swim.

they have a slightly different bone structure to europians, being slightly denser in the bones. they are aided in running by bone sturucture, but hindered in swimming.

well, according to my friend.

backed up by the fact ive never seen a black guy swim.