NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Airplane!

I can't even be bothered to give this a rating, it was that shit.

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS?! We are talking about the comedy movie, Airplane, right?

Coraline

Brilliant movie, was very good.

8/10

Airplane!

confirmed: you fail.

Airplane!

EPIC PHAIL!

To be fair, he has got many awesome films right over the years (his love for Total Recall is only matched by mine) so it's only fair we let it slide this time.

no it's not. This is worse than Haggis liking HSM (all three, put together)

In a battle of awesome between you and EEEVIL...I'm not sure who would win. Hands down, it would definitely be a lot better than the Darth Vader/Obi Wan duel in A New Hope.

I think before calling EEVIL Fail we have to ascertain his opinion of Blazing Saddles also. If he likes that, it will in some part cover up not liking Airplane.

There were some humourous moments, such as the dual sunglasses, duck life jacket and crash positions... But on the whole it was just boring. The love story dragged it down a lot. I guess I can see a certain appeal, but I can surely [:blank:] say I won't be watching again.

However:

Transporter 2 was a decent film, not as good as the first, but still an alright action film.

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

And I was planning on going to bed now, but to prove my loyalty to you all, I'll watch Blazing Saddles now.

EDIT: And I have to say, I'm 2 minutes in and the song has finished, and already I'm more entertained.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Shut Up And Sing

I love it. And I love the Dixie Chicks.

I hate the American Media. How they made a massive deal about one really good opinion, and then boycott all their music, then 3 years later turn around and say "Actually, the war in Iraq was a mistake."

The bit where Natalie Maines gets the death threat letter was actually gutting. Like actually felt like a bullet to the heart, since I love her, and everything she stands for, so much.

I love how they defied all expectations by getting to the number 1 spot in America with Taking The Long Road without any radio play at all. It's probably because it's genuinely a brilliant album.

And I love how ridiculously poignant the video to Not Ready To Say Nice is. Unfortunately Youtube doesn't have the video anymore.

"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby

With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’

It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her

Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.

And how in the world can the words that I said

Send somebody so over the edge

That they’d write me a letter

Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing

Or my life will be over!"

8/10

EDIT: And I have to say, I'm 2 minutes in and the song has finished, and already I'm more entertained.

It sure is a good song.

Miss March

A leave your brain at the door comedy that has its moments but otherwise fails to deliver. It starts off fairly well and a lot of the humour is crazy enough to work on some degree, such as the two guys being hunted down by firemen. I laughed out loud several times but about 40 minutes in it goes more down the traditional "sex" comedy film route and over uses what was good in the first part.

3 Bears out of 7.

Dragonball Evolution

Hilariously bad. It was fun to watch for all the wrong reasons. I've never watched Dragonball Z though so I wasn't offended to the core. By the end I had no clue what was going on.

funniest bit is when they are in the underground volcano thing and Goku is killing the bad guys and starts chucking them in the lava and he shouts WHAT? I'M MAKING A BRIDGE!!!

It made me laugh. :p

2 and a half bears out of 7.

Tomb Raider

Better than the other two films above. An enjoyable adventure. Angelina Jolie was good and although it was silly I had a lot fun.

4 Bears out of 7.

And I was planning on going to bed now, but to prove my loyalty to you all, I'll watch Blazing Saddles now.

Much better storyline, actual funny moments... But I dislike the ending, I hated the concept with Monty Python and The Holy Grail and I hate it now. It was going so well.

no it's not. This is worse than Haggis liking HSM (all three, put together)

There's nothing wrong with HSM! It's a bloody good movie! You like it really! :p lmao.

And thanks for fixing my sentence Coolness, it was quite a shock that someone never liked Airplane! How can you dislike Airplane? ::shrug:

Much better storyline, actual funny moments... But I dislike the ending, I hated the concept with Monty Python and The Holy Grail and I hate it now. It was going so well.

The ending is a let down, fo sho. I don't think Mel Brooks knows how to end a film.

Still, classic. :bowdown:

Big Nothing.

Well they sure got that title right!

fail/10.

Ok,to be more contextual; the 'can things get any wor-- OH WAIT THEY JUST DID! AGAIN! AND AGAIN!' style comedy that supported A Weekend at Bernies and drove Little Miss Sunshine was taken to new, overblown, unfounded proportions that could not draw more than a snappy chortle from me. I spent most of the film annoyed at the first (major) ohgoditsgonewrong moment (for Ross 'Charlie' Gellar) andso on and...blarg!

They had an idea but didn't execute it well, is all.

District 13

or: inexplicably topless frenchman jumps off things alot .

Quality stunt film in the vein of Ong Bak- only this time it's free running instead of Martial Arts taking center stage. Considering how none of this was done with wires, CGI or doubles, it's frankly astonishing. The cod political plot is total bullshit, and the acting is mediocre at best but that doesn't matter at all. Tis merely a vehicle for the action.

One thing that did annoy me was the poor sound mix. Maybe it was a budget thing but considering how much action there was, some sound work really sounded weak. Punches, foot scuffs and general body sounds seemed oddly far back in the mix given the subject matter.

Great fun though, for a slice of nonsense.

Big Nothing.

Well they sure got that title right!

fail/10.

Ok,to be more contextual; the 'can things get any wor-- OH WAIT THEY JUST DID! AGAIN! AND AGAIN!' style comedy that supported A Weekend at Bernies and drove Little Miss Sunshine was taken to new, overblown, unfounded proportions that could not draw more than a snappy chortle from me. I spent most of the film annoyed at the first (major) ohgoditsgonewrong moment (for Ross 'Charlie' Gellar) andso on and...blarg!

They had an idea but didn't execute it well, is all.

Well you know what, you're fail out of 10.

District 13

or: inexplicably topless frenchman jumps off things alot .

Quality stunt film in the vein of Ong Bak- only this time it's free running instead of Martial Arts taking center stage. Considering how none of this was done with wires, CGI or doubles, it's frankly astonishing. The cod political plot is total bullshit, and the acting is mediocre at best but that doesn't matter at all. Tis merely a vehicle for the action.

One thing that did annoy me was the poor sound mix. Maybe it was a budget thing but considering how much action there was, some sound work really sounded weak. Punches, foot scuffs and general body sounds seemed oddly far back in the mix given the subject matter.

Great fun though, for a slice of nonsense.

Damn you. Now I'm going to have to watch it again. Loved that film.

And someone not likeing Airplane? That's tantamount to treason. I've rang the Police. They've sent a paddy wagon.