Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Yeah, same here. It's a highly entertaining film, but definately nowhere near the classic everyone made it out to be. Some of the dialogue is downright awful and Juno is far more annoying than everyone seems to think. Still, Michael Cera and Jason Bateman were fantastic, well the cast overall were what carried the film really - that and the music. In fact it was probably the presence of Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground and The Moldy Peaches that made the film so entertaining for me.

What was so amazing about it then?

The monster and stuff. :)

Edit;/ Not deleting to show what an idiot I am, Im getting confused between threads/Cloverfield/Shutupitsbeenalongday.

- Acting was amazing/perfect

- Extremely heart warmingly awesome

- Touching story

- Nice characters

- Uberly uber.

Cause, cause they had that line "honest to blog" and Juno was a dick, but she was still loveable and sweet really. Oh and it had that guy from The American Office in it and some sub Ghost World stuff about how 'freaks' are better than jocks and other popular kids, which I thought was so original and insightful.

Also it was sooooo anti-abortionz, which I loved.

It's got personality.

Anyway

There Will Be Blood

Daniel Day Lewis is god.

Such a shame that God is a superstition.

I don't really have much to say, it's fantastic in every single way. There are no flaws that I can detect.

And remember... everyone has a price.

9.5/10

And yes, there was blood.

Guest Stefkov

Jumper

The concept was brilliant. I loved it, reminded me of Portal and the Nightcrawler in one. The story was fast and you had to keep watching. I think for me it ranks number one with the least dialogue in a film, that I've seen.

8/10

Zodiac

Great movie, kept me interested all the way through. The start was brilliant, though part the way through it seemed like it was going off track a little, but then he last 50 minutes or so were fantastic. The bit where he says "Before I kill you I'm going to throw your baby out the window" was really freaky!

8.2/10