Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

mhm I know what you're saying. But it would just never work. Its too much a risk, and one they wouldn't be willing to take incase it did fail.

Watership Down was, is and will be a masterpiece, on all accounts. Even though it's an animated kid's movie, it's probably one of the most depressing films ever made. And it is superb... so you see, Ashley, it can be done.

But we're talking about Disney, not AVCO Embassy Pictures.

It would be like Fisher Price doing "My First Machete."

That's bullshit. What we were discussing was wether or not it could or should be done, wether by Disney or whoever else. And don't forget, the argument started with Happy Feet, and that is a Dreamworks movie.

And don't forget that Disney are a bunch of scared faggots that shouldn't even be considered in this. And another thing, if Dreamworks releases kid's movies with sex content, why isn't possible for there to be a non-happy-ending?

The Bourne Ultimatum is pretty damn awesome, easily the best film I've seen all summer, not to say the rest are bad films, but clearly this one is of a much higher standard than the rest.

A good 8/10, and now I'm gonna 'acquire' that funky song by Moby that always plays at the end of the Bourne films.

Bring It On:All Or Nothing

Surprisingly good. (relatively)

Hayden Patteniere (Heroes) gives a good performance, and the racism issues and sexual content as not expected, and it made it a bit more credible. Solange Knowles (Beyonces sister) gave a wooden, tough girl performance, but it was ok.

It wasn't that funny for an advertised comedy, but I have to admit I laughed at "Oh look, it's Hip Hop barbie, and the Wu-Tang clan!".

(You had to be there)

After the great critical acclaim that fell upon The Bourne Ultimatum, I felt compelled to watch the previous two movies, accompanied by Hellfire, wich I had never watched.

Well then:

The Bourne Identity + The Bourne Supremacy

Very good espionage outings, with very clever action sequences and a nice story wich is, so far, underdeveloped (wich, I hope, will be properly developed in Ultimatum), but ultimately, effective in creating just the right atmosphere to allow the action to unfold engagingly. A good movie experience, whose flaw, I hope, will be colmated by the the third feature.

As so, I cannot rate them properly until I see Ultimatum, seeing as these two movies work as a build up to the third one, at least from where I'm standing.

Supremacy was, I thought, an upgrade over identity. Let us hope Ultimatum keeps that pattern going.

Bring It On:All Or Nothing

Surprisingly good. (relatively)

Hayden Patteniere (Heroes) gives a good performance, and the racism issues and sexual content as not expected, and it made it a bit more credible. Solange Knowles (Beyonces sister) gave a wooden, tough girl performance, but it was ok.

It wasn't that funny for an advertised comedy, but I have to admit I laughed at "Oh look, it's Hip Hop barbie, and the Wu-Tang clan!".

(You had to be there)

First one is a great no brainer movie, both for the comedy, and the short skirts.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Despite the shaky camera I thought this was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy and some of the neat touches like weaving scenes from Supremacy with this and nods to Identity (like the ending :wink:) were excellent.

8/10