NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

everyone should read the Guardian review of Transformers.

even if you don't agree (total slating) it's a hilarious read.

I found it at once loud and boring

*Stops reading review*

I just don't get some people. If you're the kind of person that needs a message, then don't watch the film, and don't be upset when you don't like it.

Transformers is a film about Transformers. Transformers are TOYS.

Okay, I have actually continued reading the review. Its funny in the sense that he doesn't even know what he's talking about. Perhaps the storyline was too complicated for him.

peter_bradshaw_140x140.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman

Yeah I agree with that. Theres essentially no "normal" new Autobots. But Blackbird was awesome. (Not his personality particularly, but him)

Also, there was a RIDICULOUS amount of swearing (awesome!)

Sideswipe? RC?

Didn't get much screen time but they where still there.

Yeah I mean that had any personality shown.

I was hoping, considering she's a bike gal that Michaela was gonna ride off on the pink Arcee, and Sam on the blue.

Transformers 2 10/10

I loved every second of it, I was like a little kid again with a huge grin on my face everytime Optimus showed up.

When he showed up to save Sam the mid air flip he does is pretty much exactly the same one he does in the animated movie when he lands on earth and wipes out the Decepticons.

When he got a beating and then said the line about fighting for one life or something and then whipped out another sword I went hyper :D It all came crashing down when he got killed though, it brought back painful childhood memories of watching the animated movie.

As the film went on and the Matrix of Leadership was mentioned I knew there was hope and Prime would be back, sure enough he was but I wasn't expecting the merging of Prime and Jetfire. Freaking awesome!

I was also glad to see Bumblebee get some decent action this time, the way he took out Scavanger and then Ravage was outstanding.

I will most likely go down to the flicks again soon and see it again :D

Transformers 2 10/10

haha oh come on.. I haven;t seen it yet and I enjoyed the first but jeez 10/10 is rarely given.. I;d accept aliens,terminator 2 and maybe die hard for action films lol..

it's your opinion of course but 10!!!?

Yeah

"Black Optimus Prime" (I called him in my head) was sooooo sick. My jaw dropped and I geek gasm'd at that.

:yay:

Yeah

"Black Optimus Prime" (I called him in my head) was sooooo sick. My jaw dropped and I geek gasm'd at that.

:yay:

I'm going to nickname him "Blacktimus" because it sounds like a jive talking motherfucker from a B Movie. Dynomite.

Shouldn't have watched Transformers 2. Didn't like the first I thought it was bollocks. The second though, jeez. 2 hours of Megan Fox not acting, 10 minutes transformers. Shit humour, even shitter script. Also man what the hell was it about? Some random robot kid wanting revenge for no reason. The Fallen? LOL Best battle ever, so good it was over in 2 minutes. What was with the really shit army defence. "Megatron is guarded by 50 million sonar nets!". So that'd be one sub that gets blown up then, brilliant. The best security in the world guarding some metal thing, can't stop a metal tiger though. I think it deserves a 1/10 for the lolfactor of people dying. I'll stick to Bad Boys 2 if I want a Micheal Bay film. Ah well, only my opinion. I'd rather watch something, well.....errm good.

I'll stick to Bad Boys 2 if I want a Micheal Bay film.

Now, now. The Transformers films (the first one, anyway) aren't THAT bad.

Now, now. The Transformers films (the first one, anyway) aren't THAT bad.

agreed.. shaky camera in bad boys 2 gave me a headache.. and I never get bothered by stuff like that.

agreed.. shaky camera in bad boys 2 gave me a headache.. and I never get bothered by stuff like that.

I don't think I managed to get to a scene with shaky camera.

To be honest, action films are really not as well filmed as they used to be. The "shaky cam" idea is something that has got on my nerves for a long time. If I go to a cinema, the two films which I am reluctant to see these days are action films and comedies, as I feel there hasn't been an above-par version of these two for some time.

One word: Epic. Every film is trying to be "epic" these days. "Epicly" funny, "epicly" action-orientated. In 5 years time, will people still be craving to see Sex Drive, or Die Hard 4.0? Imo, no. Look at something like the first Die Hard film. Now THAT was an action film. Perfectly paced, great action-wise, and the story was pretty good, too. More importantly, the action set pieces were filmed well. They were creative. There's a reason people still watch it to this day.

Saw Transformers 2 today, enjoyed it. Like I said to Maase, its actions, its explosions why do you need an epic and "thought provoking" story when its just action and retro because its transformers!

Who was the satellite? Was that megatron? No-one knows about that still do they? It wasn't explained at all.

No it wasn't him, it was just a random Decepticon. And....yeah no one knows about it. And

Megatron and Starscream got away anyway.

One word: Epic. Every film is trying to be "epic" these days. "Epicly" funny, "epicly" action-orientated.

Yeah. Take any trailer and I can almost garantee that it will feature a line about how someone/everyones world/life will never be the same again/end.

It is getting tiresome.

Was there any stuff after the credits? I didn't stay because my girlfriend was being a bitch.

everyone should read the Guardian review of Transformers.

even if you don't agree (total slating) it's a hilarious read.

Agreed, I don't always agree with Bradshaw but it's a great review :D

Was there any stuff after the credits? I didn't stay because my girlfriend was being a bitch.

Was it because you made her see Transformers 2?*

-

In other news, Gonna watch a film a day this next week.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Snatch

Minority Report

V for Vendetta

2001: A Space Odyseey

Batman Begins

Unbreakable

Will be good.

*I haven't actually seen either of them, mind

Apparently not. Me and a friend stayed for a while, before a member of staff who was cleaning up told us that there wasn't anything.

Agreed, I don't always agree with Bradshaw but it's a great review :D

Was it because you made her see Transformers 2?*

-

In other news, Gonna watch a film a day this next week.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Snatch

Minority Report

V for Vendetta

2001: A Space Odyseey

Batman Begins

Unbreakable

Will be good.

*I haven't actually seen either of them, mind

Unbreakable* 9.5/10 >

Batman Begins** 9.45/10 >

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 8/10 >

V for Vendetta 8/10 >

Minority Report 7/10 >

Snatch, 2001: A Space Odyseey (Havn't seen)

*In my top 5 favourite films of all time.

**In my top 10 favourite films of all time.

Bolt!

Great film... REALLY funny, nice little story, great animation, good mix of action and emotion, and AWWW... so cute!

Probably my favourite 3D animation after Toy Story 1 and 2!

8/10

The Decepticon in space was Soundwave, he should have had more action :(

Man I cant wait to see it again :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time