N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

What's with the Famitsu scores? :heh: History Boys sucked... read A Secret History by Donna Tartt. Actually they're completely unrelated, but it's a good book.

History boys was good! Bennett is a a wierdo though, like, everything he writes comes back to homosexuality in some way.

History boys was good! Bennett is a a wierdo though, like, everything he writes comes back to homosexuality in some way.

This is true, homosexuality and paedophilia. :shakehead

History Boys was good but it felt like it should have been on the stage. Funny that.

Probably already rated them but here's my scores for ALIEN Quadrilogy.

This is so weird to score. The first two are equal for me, beating the 2 two. But then I also find the second two to be equal.

Alien and Aliens 10/10

Alien 3 Special Unreleased Cut - 8/10

Alien: Ressurection - 8/10

It's like Alien3 is more intense and psychlogical, but then you'd prefer to watch Ressurection jsut because it's less intense. So they're equal.

The series is awesome because each film is so different from the other.

Aliens has much more immediate entertainment value, the sort of action flick you can take your girl too scare the bejesus out of her while practising the ancient and mysterious seduction art of "Knob in Popcorn". Alien meanwhile is probably about as artistic as mainstream film will ever get, Scott's mastery of the Fear Of The Unknown that resides deep within the human psyche almost unparalleled. The remaining two are decent enough, but nowhere near the same league.

At any rate, both Alien and Aliens are must see films and are quite rightly celebrated by people of all cultures as masterpieces of western cinema.

Aliens > Alien. Not by a longshot (or an African spear, as some might say), obviously, but it is slightly superior. They're both superb, mind.

EDIT:

And 3 and Ressurrection = teh shit (not in a good way, though, they're shitty).

On another note:

I always thought Portuguese cinema = crap. Today I was priven wrong.

Alice (2005) by Marco Martins.

9/10. Will explain why later.

Rocky IV

Brilliant fourth installment of the Rocky franchise. Russia vs America, brilliant end fight. 9.5/10

Aren't you going a bit over the top there?

Not really, i just really like Rocky IV, it is one of the best movies in the franchise to me next to Rocky II

Anyway

Rocky II

Supurb sequel to the original. Awesome fight scene at the end, which somehow was better than the original and i;m not saying that because

, it is because of the whole set-up towards the fight as well. 9/10

Rocky Balboa

Great movie, nice to see that Sly still has it after all them years since the disastorous 5th movie. 9/10

mm so Alice is actually good? I never got to see it because everytime I asked anyone they would go "olol portuguese movies". I think that includes you Oxigen lol.

Seriously, now, the movie is fantastic. It's an arthouse film, but fucking fantastic. It's amazing to see Nuno Lopes (O gajo do Tca-ran do herman) doing such a fantasticly depressing role. Marvellous.

Film about a woman with Parkinsons desease (didn't catch the title)

A real tear jerker, I cried about 5 times during this, didn't like how it kept skipping years though.

7/10

Little Children

Amazing film, I don't usually enjoy stuff liek this, but I really got into it, and felt for the perverted kiddy lover at points, but despised him most of the time.

Didn't like the ending very much, but I suppose it had its good points.

Loved it.

9.5/10

Seriously, now, the movie is fantastic. It's an arthouse film, but fucking fantastic. It's amazing to see Nuno Lopes (O gajo do Tca-ran do herman) doing such a fantasticly depressing role. Marvellous.

Is this Alice In Wonderland?

Is it like all stop-motion?

Is this Alice In Wonderland?

Is it like all stop-motion?

Hellfire pretty much cleared it up... Nope. It does have some nods to Alice In Wonderland (thus the name), but other than that... nope.

I just remembered, even though I haven't seen the movie recently or anythin... but Blade Runner has the best quotation ever commited to cellulloid.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

30 Days of Night

I was majorly impressed by this. I went expecting a run of the mill crappy horror movie, but I was wrong. The plot of the movie was pretty good; a town that every year loses sunlight for 30 days and during this time a hord of vampires come out (not usually, this is the first time they have in ages).

Some of the characters were great, I really ended up caring if they died or not by the end of it which was great. But the one thing that actually made this different to all the other horror films I've seen in the past few years was the fact it actually scared me. It made me jump numerous times, and some of the moments were pretty terrifying. I liked the whole "we're trapped with no where to go but fight for our lives" thing. But a warning, for a 15, it was pretty gruesome.

Anyway, I would gladly go and see it again, and I really do recommend it.

8.3/10

yeah that's a fantastic quote.

there's a really good one in Alien, too. I've forgotten it now but it's from the android about the nature of the xenomorph.

If you mean this one, I totally agree:

Ripley: How do we kill it Ash? There got to be a way of killing it, how - HOW do we do it?

Ash: You can't.

Parker: That's bullshit.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Lambert: You admire it.

Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Parker: Look, I am, I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Ash: [Ripley goes to disconnect Ash, who interrupts] Last word.

Ripley: What?

Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

If you mean this one, I totally agree:

Ripley: How do we kill it Ash? There got to be a way of killing it, how - HOW do we do it?

Ash: You can't.

Parker: That's bullshit.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Lambert: You admire it.

Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Parker: Look, I am, I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Ash: [Ripley goes to disconnect Ash, who interrupts] Last word.

Ripley: What?

Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

That scene, along with that quote is one of my favourite movie moments. Ian Holm is a bluddy great actor. :)