N-Europe

Generic Album with Cool Title

The3rdChildren

Hey guys, who'll be picking up GENERIC ALBUM WITH COOL TITLE by GENERIC BAND next week? I sure will. Let's all stare intently and speculate at this horribly compressed jpeg I think is the album cover:

genericband.jpg

Seriously guys, I think it's time we had a chat about this. There's an increasingly popular music fanbase here on Revo-Europe all of whom frequent threads with some the most MISLEADING TITLES ever conceived.

There I am, browsing the forums and wow... there's an exciting looking thread. Take for example the "SHOW US YOUR BONES" thread that exists on this very page. Suddenly I become excited and my penis somewhat erect, as I ponder the possibilities this newfound thread could be concealing. A mysterious store-bought x-ray machine? A graphic set of images depicting user injuries where bones were visible? Maybe a desperate attempt at showing off one's bone collection one had amassed from various satanic rituals, Texas Chainsaw Massacre house visits, and grave robbings?

NO. IT IS NOT SO.

Instead I find myself facing another cooly named album thread, mislead and distrusting I retreat back to the main General index feeling rather disappointed. Can we do something to stop the disappoinment around here? Perhaps a thread icon like a CD or something, maybe even a separate board altogether in which our musical buddies can sing along to all kinds of songs?

Am I the only one who feels strongly about this? I embrace all music gladly, it's just these album names make great thread concepts which all leave me feeling empty when I discover their true purpose. It's like your parents telling you it's Christmas, only to run downstairs and discover it isn't.

Mad bonus points if you can identify the image I used as the cover, and from what movie it was taken.

I was also excited about that thread when I first saw that thread, as well as other such threads which are about rather boring bands. Also similar, cool thread titles which turn out to be about wrestling (although some people do put WWE at the start of the title), which doesn't really interest me.

So anyway I agree with you.

Though maybe we should have an official thread instead.

I acctually thought you were on about a real album there for a while 3rdchild, shame as its such an ace name for an album :).

I agree we should have an officail music thread or board.

Ask an admin nicely :heh:

Same here, i only realised when i got to the second paragraph. :D and a music board would be pretty neat.

There I am, browsing the forums and wow... there's an exciting looking thread. Take for example the "SHOW US YOUR BONES" thread that exists on this very page. Suddenly I become excited and my penis somewhat erect, as I ponder the possibilities this newfound thread could be concealing. A mysterious store-bought x-ray machine? A graphic set of images depicting user injuries where bones were visible? Maybe a desperate attempt at showing off one's bone collection one had amassed from various satanic rituals, Texas Chainsaw Massacre house visits, and grave robbings?

NO. IT IS NOT SO.

Instead I find myself facing another cooly named album thread, mislead and distrusting I retreat back to the main General index feeling rather disappointed. Can we do something to stop the disappoinment around here? Perhaps a thread icon like a CD or something, maybe even a separate board altogether in which our musical buddies can sing along to all kinds of songs?

Am I the only one who feels strongly about this? I embrace all music gladly, it's just these album names make great thread concepts which all leave me feeling empty when I discover their true purpose. It's like your parents telling you it's Christmas, only to run downstairs and discover it isn't.

Mad bonus points if you can identify the image I used as the cover, and from what movie it was taken.

Actually, the title is "Show your bones", which is the exact title of the album. It is not just a random sentence. It actually has meaning and is directly related to the topic or subject being discussed . I even make it VERY clear in the first post about what the subject is about. If you hover your mouse over the topic title, you will actually see the first post without having to click the thread itself.

And the topic about music boards has been discussed in the past. If we have a music board, why not a sports board, or a wrestling board, or a halo 2 board. General chit chat is exactly that- General. It's a variety of threads that cater for a variety of audiences. It's best the way it is.

As linky boy has stated we have discussed having a music board many times in the past but feel there is not a need.

Chit chat is not over run by Musical based threads, sometimes there are a lot of them but so what? its general chit chat.

I feel that if we do have Boards such as a music, film board etc they would become very crappy and people posting for the sake of it and threads only getting one or 2 replies.

As fierce has said chit chat can and does cater for a variety of topics and it works. Too many boards = crappy forum.

Well, is there any way to implement a cool icon system where the paper icon is? Is it possible to alter that icon based on user preferences to something that could encompass all television threads, all music threads and whatnot? Maybe to segregate threads a little to make browsing easier/more informative at a glance.

For those unclear, I mean something similar to the icons we could select back on XSorbit. Sorry, they're hard to describe.

I'm sorry I got the topic name wrong, Fierce, but it still could have been a thread about showing off bones/bone collections. I was so excited such a thread could exist I clicked it way too fast. I'm sorry, it was just too amazing a concept to hover over for information.

What is the big deal tho? It's not really misleading. Yes a lot of people wouldnt have known that there was an album called show your bones and known it was by the yeah yeah yeahs and it could have quite easily have been a topic about showing your bones or something silly but thats why you click the thread title to see what a thread is all about.

Im not too sure about the icon thingy, at the moment you can change it to smiley faces and such like but we probably can implement our own icons to use but then if we did would people use them? Most of the time people just forget and its set as default as the paper based one.

Well, is there any way to implement a cool icon system where the paper icon is? Is it possible to alter that icon based on user preferences to something that could encompass all television threads, all music threads and whatnot? Maybe to segregate threads a little to make browsing easier/more informative at a glance.

Sounds like alot of work just to save people from wasting the 2 seconds it takes to load the wrong page up.

Oh bloody hell. Many thread titles are created as perfectly logical reason but could be misinterpreted.

"Anyone remember Worms?" could mean does anyone remember the insect.

"Your favourite men's aftershave/cologne?" could mean your favourite male friends' cologne. So you could say "I like my mate Tad's the best"

"2 Hours sleep a night?" Could be asking if you get two hours sleep a night.

"The Ordinary Boys" could be referring to run of the mill males

"Maths homework help..." could be offering help with your maths homework, rather than asking for it

"Worst injuries" ever?

"Megson leaves Forest" Which forest?

Or to sum it up:

Get over it.

This morning I had three posts deleted for deviating slightly from the thread topic. You create two blatant spam threads about an issue that nobody gives a fuck about, and slag off other forum members, yet get away with it. Talk about double standards.

Lock please.

This morning I had three posts deleted for deviating slightly from the thread topic. You create two blatant spam threads about an issue that nobody gives a fuck about, and slag off other forum members, yet get away with it. Talk about double standards.

Lock please.

Yet people have agreed with me, and have also participated in the other thread I created, which serves not only as a playful dig but also an educational purpose (although that was pointed out to me by someone else).

None of my posts here have been an attempt at spam, nor do I consider them off-topic, I've been as informative and suggestive as possible when responding. If you're upset about mistreatment, that isn't my fault. Are we going to have a HM-Fusion-esque war on our hands here related to mod mistreatment? I sure hope not.

Lock please.

No. You got your posts deleted for trying to wind up fans of the wrestling scene.

T3C created a thread about wanting a music board, and created a humourous game based on another thread(LOLPUN). Simple humour. If you want to create a anti-wrestling thread, thats upto you.