Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Crazy Taxi (date and platforms: TBC)

Julius

I bet that this is an online multiplayer game... given that one clip shows the player playing as the coppers chasing down a taxi, and multiple taxis seem to be in play...

Could be decent, but I have the feeling that this is going to be the GAAS game that SEGA were apparently working on.  So hard pass if that's the case :(.

Shame.  I love Crazy Taxi, but not like this...

Edited by Dcubed

On 08/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, Dcubed said:

I bet that this is an online multiplayer game... given that one clip shows the player playing as the coppers chasing down a taxi, and multiple taxis seem to be in play...

Could be decent, but I have the feeling that this is going to be the GAAS game that SEGA were apparently working on.  So hard pass if that's the case :(.

Shame.  I love Crazy Taxi, but not like this...

It's amazing how many emotions you've gone through based on 10 seconds of footage :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The upcoming return of Crazy Taxi will be a "AAA" game, Sega has said.

It sounds like Sapporo Studio is only contributing to the game, however, as the company isn't currently developing any project independently

"The studio has an R&D department that handles designing and programming games and a QA department in charge of quality control," Sega Sapporo studio boss Takaya Segawa said. "Recruitment in R&D is progressing as expected, but for QA we received more applications than anticipated, so a second branch of Sapporo Studio opened in April 2023."

Eurogamer Link

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Leave me alone, not asking a lot... Just don't wanna be GAAS... That's all I want... That's all I want...

Didn't you read the headline? 

It's going to be a GAAAS, nothing to worry about :p

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

The game will be open-world multiplayer, per one of the latest uploads on the SEGA YouTube channel, which also showed some new snippets of the game.

Quoted text from Insider Gaming

In a recent video published by Sega, the team working on the new Crazy Taxi game spoke about pivoting from a core single-player experience to an online multiplayer game built around a vast open-world environment. In the seven-minute breakdown, we're treated to glimpses of the developing title, which showcased several game modes, vehicles, and some energetic and punchy visuals.

[...]

It was explained by the team that there have been some difficulties in pivoting from a single-player experience to a live-service multiplayer model, but they're making great leaps in the development process as we speak.

::shrug: