N-Europe

Cradle needed for most retro game downloads?

demonmike04

I dont know if any one has mentioned this (search didnt find any thing), but are we going to need the cradle to play SNES and 64 games? Because lack of buttons on the actual revo controller means they have missing buttons.

So will the cradle provide us the buttons needed for them? And if it does, will it be a mistake if nintendo didnt include the cradle with the system?

i wouldn't be suprised if nintendo release a snes controller shell and an n64 shell ie a shell for each console.

If they did that, i'd be suprised, since ive never thought Nintendo as a money grabbing company, we'l just have to wait for when the next details are revealed..

"More suprises are on the way", just one of the sentances i heard about revo that i like to keep in mind :grin:

If they did that, i'd be suprised, since ive never thought Nintendo as a money grabbing company, we'l just have to wait for when the next details are revealed..

"More suprises are on the way", just one of the sentances i heard about revo that i like to keep in mind :grin:

I didn't mean it to sound like they were money grabbing, just that each console controller was very different and the games for the systems were designed with the controller in mind and therefore it would be best to play the games with the appropriate controller. Plus hori are making money off selling snes layout gamecube controllers so nintnedo should get in on the action.

Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Micro.

Mario Brothers 1, Mario Brothers 2, Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2 and so forth.

Not to be patronising or anything, but Nintendo are just as greedy as everyone else. Granted, they maintain a level of quality which many companies lack. But then again, I throw Mario Party 3-7 in your face!

Who knows what Nintendo will do, I'm hoping they'll give us some fair share of loving in a one size fits all deal.

Ah no you didnt get what i meant, the only thing i found out of all your points were the SP head phone jack and the lack of updates between mario party games (well some of them).

I meant it as in they were seperately selling something that most probably will be needed straight away.

The gameboy series picked up on mistakes, the SP, was the back light, the micro is focused on getting the gaming population higher and enticing new gamers.

Granted, they maintain a level of quality which many companies lack. But then again, I throw Mario Party 3-7 in your face!

Hmm, i quite like Mario Party 4 tho. More than the first one anyway. Dunno why, i just do. It just feels like a nice game to play and it's fun. :)

Um, i guess we'll have to wait and see about the controller shell. I would expect you to be able to play NES games with the SNES pad anyway, so a shell could be saved there. Although, maybe they will release them for collection purposes? It may not be essential to have the shells, because you may have 1 shell to play them all (hehehe. see what i did there) on. So, you have 1 "master shell", but then maybe you have the option to use an N64 shell or a "snes/Nes" shell. I think this would be quite likely.

Am I the only one who has the ability to remember the Gamecube controller slots?

You could play the NES / SNES / N64 games on the Gamecube controller.

The only difference would be on the GC controller when playing an N64 game the C buttons would be used by the C-Stick and the X & Y buttons would be useless. That would probably feel a little strange...

Am I the only one who has the ability to remember the Gamecube controller slots?

You could play the NES / SNES / N64 games on the Gamecube controller.

The only difference would be on the GC controller when playing an N64 game the C buttons would be used by the C-Stick and the X & Y buttons would be useless. That would probably feel a little strange...

I forgot about that, yes that's probably how it'll work or at least the option will be there. I had no problems playing Zelda: OOT with my GC controller.

Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Micro.

Mario Brothers 1, Mario Brothers 2, Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2 and so forth.

Not to be patronising or anything, but Nintendo are just as greedy as everyone else. Granted, they maintain a level of quality which many companies lack. But then again, I throw Mario Party 3-7 in your face!

Who knows what Nintendo will do, I'm hoping they'll give us some fair share of loving in a one size fits all deal.

they could be greedy, but Nintendo give us what we want. if we didnt want it they wouldnt keep making it. :lmao:

Maybe the DS can be used as a SNES controller?! It has all the buttons!!

Though there is the normal shell anyway, which would be able to play them.

Yeah but that would mean everybody would need a DS to play SNES games. Which is a bit silly. Plus the GBA-GC connectivity wasn't exactly a massive hit.

I just hope we don't have to keep buying loads of add-ons for this controller to play different games.

Who says the shell will be like the GameCube controller? Why would it have Cube controller sockets? I think we might actually see a N64 tripod revival...

It was stated in an interview that the "shell" would be resemblent of a Wavebird. That doesn't mean it'll be a GC controller, but the shape of it most likely will be the same.

Also DazzyBee, GB and GBA games won't be available to download. Plus you couldn't play GBA games with a sideways Revolution contoller because there would be no "L" and "R" buttons.

THE GC CONTROLLER CAN PLAY ALL N64 And SNES GAMES. It HAS BEEN DONE ON THE GC. the zelda collectors edition had OOT playing perfectly as well as ALTTP and the origional Zelda's. I therefore doubt they'll be releasing all of these custom shells for the rev controller.

Some one has already stated this, it helps to actualy read the messages before replying. Any ways, we dont know what the cradle will be like yet apart from the wavebird shape, so if what your saying is true, new nintendo customers will also need to fork out cash for a gamecube controller to play those games.