N-Europe

The Plucky Squire - 17th September - Switch, PS5, Series S/X, PC

Glen-i

Can't have the risk of this slipping under people's radar. Shown at the Devolver Direct.

This seems to be James Turner's (One of the Pokémon artists since Black/White) project after leaving Game Freak. Looks really promising, and the concept is very cool.

Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Julius said:

Just to add, there were also some other games delayed too:

Bit of a shame, but 2023 has been and continues to be stacked, so I say let it cook. 

As for having a dedicated showcase for delays...

3cC6.gif

More publishers need to do Delay Directs.  They're great!

They nailed the vibe here :hehe:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Julius said:

Bit of a shame, but 2023 has been and continues to be stacked, so I say let it cook. 

As for having a dedicated showcase for delays...

3cC6.gif

I thought they nailed it, much better them owning it all in one go than a bland press release, or even worse, multiple ones.

Either way, much better than the "we're not releasing it yet because we want to make it the best game it can be" that Nintendo rolls out for every single one of its delayed titles. We know that's not the reason, don't bullshit us.

• 1 year later...

September 17th it is!

Next month has filled out quite nicely by the looks of things: Astro Bot, this, Zelda, some other titles like Space Marine 2, UFO 50...okay it's filled out a good bit more than I thought it had when I started typing that list.

Should be a good month! :D

Edited by Julius

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

the question is will the switch version come out then too - i'd imagine we'll be waiting a little longer for that one to come out

So there's actually this trailer on the Devolver channel which went up on 25th July, which I'm guessing was kept private as it's only just become watchable and has a very low view count; description says it's coming to Switch on September 17th too!

The Plucky Squire will be hitting digital bookshelves on September 17 for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch!

So there we have it :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The game will also be included Day One in the PS+ Game Catalog. 

What a get! They've been knocking it out of the park with some of the indies they've got on there Day One this year! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Confirmed by Nintendo themselves for the 17th too :peace:

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That was wayyyy sooner then I expected!

Same, very surprised it's come around so fast after not getting a meaningful update for a while – but probably means they were being smart and just letting it cook. From the outside looking in it seemed like it would be lucky to scrape into Nov/Dec, if not potentially getting delayed to next year. 

Glad it snuck up on us like this instead, always nice to have a game release a bit earlier than it was perhaps expected! :D

How many styles does this game have? This seems like an old school RPG now but the older trailer I saw showed lots of 3D and 2D blending action and platforming. 

Nice to know it's coming soon but will probably not get it right away. It looks cool but I'm not quite convinced that it'll actually be fun to play. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

How many styles does this game have? This seems like an old school RPG now but the older trailer I saw showed lots of 3D and 2D blending action and platforming. 

What gives you that impression? It's got a lot of different genres in it, for sure, but not once did I see anything like an RPG.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What gives you that impression? It's got a lot of different genres in it, for sure, but not once did I see anything like an RPG.

The top down 2D style with characters following the lead character. Or it's perhaps more a Zelda-like here, with it not being turn based battles but rather action based. 

Edited by MindFreak

13 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The top down 2D style with characters following the lead character. Or it's perhaps more a Zelda-like here, with it not being turn based battles but rather action based. 

I mean, yeah. It's always been a Zelda-like in gameplay. I thought that was apparant from the start. The 2D bits play like this mostly.