NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Right, so I’m actually unavailable next Friday too. (Will be unavailable sat and sun too). So maybe we could take a break amd finish it all off together the week after that. I’m actually enjoying playing the game with everyone and would honestly rather finish it all together. 

I'm gonna agree with you on this. So I guess that's that. I take it you'd rather get the last two shards with 4 players as well?

Just now, Glen-i said:

I'm gonna agree with you on this. So I guess that's that. I take it you'd rather get the last two shards with 4 players as well?

Read edited post. I misread yours and thought you were unavailable. I’m ok either waiting for us all or getting the last two shards before hand. 

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Read edited post. I misread yours and thought you were unavailable. I’m ok either waiting for us all or getting the last two shards before hand. 

Seeing as you can't make it next week, we might as well wait until all four of us are around in 2 weeks to carry on.
That's how I see it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This service is so dead lol, what happened to all the N64 games?! My sub isn't on auto-renew and runs out in February and I doubt I'll renew it at this rate. I get there aren't that many 64 games but geez, just release them already. 

It's not like the Wii U days where they had to fill the weekly releases with a VC title so there was something new, we get 20+ new games a week on the eShop, so they should feel no pressure in spreading out the NSO releases to fill any kind of release gap. 

I get that they want a steady drip for NSO subs to stay on, but surely that can be achieved now with the added GB and GBA consoles, not to mention all the other games they could release on their existing apps if they tossed a few coins at third parties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, time is running out to inject it with some undead in the form of Resident Evil 2 for Halloween. They've very much got us on a drip feed with this. Doesn't seem to matter how many consoles they add. Hard to think they'd have put Gameboy and GBA on there without an onslaught queued up but here we are... and by no stretch have they exhausted the other consoles libraries. Though I think there is a rhythm to the releases? At least I'm never too surprised when something's added out of the blue. Excitebike 64 was put on recently so you can always master that to tide you over until the next addition. They're letting people see what it was like back in the day with the sparse N64 calendar.

I'm in a similar spot to you with the subscription renewal. I kept it for Splatoon 3 but since going cold turkey after being a slave to it for a year, I reckon I'll be letting the sub lapse, take a free month and go from there. I've broke out the N64 controller at the moment for a bit of OoT so at least I'm getting some use out of it so I wouldn't say the jig is totally up! And I expect I'll go all-in on several NSO games when the renewal deadline begins to loom in the new year. I've been waiting for Killer Instinct online nights here since the N64-Europe days. I'll take it on SNES, GB or N64 but it seems as far away as ever.

Like, there's a good amount of great games on there as is yet you can't help but feel if the Switch wasn't doing so well they'd be bolstering these catalogues week in, week out.

9 hours ago, Josh64 said:

not to mention all the other games they could release on their existing apps if they tossed a few coins at third parties. 

The coins must have expired!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Yep, time is running out to inject it with some undead in the form of Resident Evil 2 for Halloween. They've very much got us on a drip feed with this. Doesn't seem to matter how many consoles they add. Hard to think they'd have put Gameboy and GBA on there without an onslaught queued up but here we are... and by no stretch have they exhausted the other consoles libraries. Though I think there is a rhythm to the releases? At least I'm never too surprised when something's added out of the blue. Excitebike 64 was put on recently so you can always master that to tide you over until the next addition. They're letting people see what it was like back in the day with the sparse N64 calendar.

I'm in a similar spot to you with the subscription renewal. I kept it for Splatoon 3 but since going cold turkey after being a slave to it for a year, I reckon I'll be letting the sub lapse, take a free month and go from there. I've broke out the N64 controller at the moment for a bit of OoT so at least I'm getting some use out of it so I wouldn't say the jig is totally up! And I expect I'll go all-in on several NSO games when the renewal deadline begins to loom in the new year. I've been waiting for Killer Instinct online nights here since the N64-Europe days. I'll take it on SNES, GB or N64 but it seems as far away as ever.

Like, there's a good amount of great games on there as is yet you can't help but feel if the Switch wasn't doing so well they'd be bolstering these catalogues week in, week out.

The coins must have expired!

Ok I'll admit, I completely forgot they added Excite Bike 64 :laughing: So I guess it's not as terrible as I thought, but still isn't really regular enough I think. And yeah, the amount of first party stuff they should surely have lined up for the GBA and GB must be substantial! Give us more of the Nintendo owned Rare games like Donkey Kong Land 1-3 and 64! 

2 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Ok I'll admit, I completely forgot they added Excite Bike 64 :laughing: So I guess it's not as terrible as I thought, but still isn't really regular enough I think. And yeah, the amount of first party stuff they should surely have lined up for the GBA and GB must be substantial! Give us more of the Nintendo owned Rare games like Donkey Kong Land 1-3 and 64! 

Those'd be nice. It'd be cool to have the option for the Super Gameboy borders.

I'm looking forward to Conker's Pocket Tales so @WackerJr can support us through it. I couldn't get into it on GBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Those'd be nice. It'd be cool to have the option for the Super Gameboy borders.

I'm looking forward to Conker's Pocket Tales so @WackerJr can support us through it. I couldn't get into it on GBC.

That’s gonna be interesting with how that handle that one, since CPT is actually two entirely different games in one cart; depending on whether you play it on the original DMG/GBPocket model or the GBC (they don’t even share save files, they’re literally entirely different games, with different level design).

• Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 3:56 PM, Dcubed said:

That’s gonna be interesting with how that handle that one, since CPT is actually two entirely different games in one cart; depending on whether you play it on the original DMG/GBPocket model or the GBC (they don’t even share save files, they’re literally entirely different games, with different level design).

I'm sure it isn't beyond the wit of our Nintendo overlords to separate it into two separate NSO slots. Taito managed to figure it out with Space Invaders donkies ago (had a 16-bit version playable on the Super Gameboy).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/10/2023 at 3:56 PM, Dcubed said:

Ahh Conker, in those innocent happy-go-lucky days before he discovered alcohol..... He was so much more naive back then.  I'd love to see this on NSO, although I'd expect to see the Banjo-Kazooie GBA game before this, which was also a much better game!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

Ahh Conker, in those innocent happy-go-lucky days before he discovered alcohol..... He was so much more naive back then.

Wait until you find out what happened to Bumper after Diddy Kong Racing!

• Haha 2

marioparty3nintendoswitchonlineoctober2023banner.620x0.webp

Mario Party 3 added to Nintendo Switch Online October 2023

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

Finally! :peace:

Only took an entire year!

Finally! The best Mario Party :D

You guys are not ready for the Reverse Mushroom…

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Finally! The best Mario Party :D

You guys are not ready for the Reverse Mushroom…

He's wrong, it's the second best Mario Party. 6 is better.

He is right about the Reverse Mushroom though...

So… that was a thing…

Me and @Glen-i killed each other, @BowserBasher finally broke his duck and did the impossible, and @S.C.G became a problem gambler.

Highlights!

Fun times :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 3

I'd say wrong thread, but nah, that game was mad, even by Mario Party standards. People need to see it.

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-2d8ece1d-08c9-4f4a-8b60-1c5937b061ea-640x360.jpeg

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (27/10/2023)

• Thanks 1

Nice to get some vindication that others agree with me that @Dcubed is a dirty cheat.

Why else would he pick Wario?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nice to get some vindication that others agree with me that @Dcubed is a dirty cheat.

Why else would he pick Wario?

I wholeheartedly agree. And not just I was on the other end of that travesty.