NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

2 hours ago, Ike said:

The EU version has some content cut, so best to play the US version.

Yup, even the vocal track in the opening sequence was removed!

NOE cheaped out on the cartridge capacity and decided to cut some content (including part of the ending sequence) to fit the other languages onto a 16MB cart.

Play the US version instead.

Four more games have been added for the Mega Drive/Genesis:

Quick! Like a ninja! If you blinked, you may not have noticed that four more classic games were just added to the SEGA Genesis" Nintendo Switch Online library and are playable right now: The Revenge of Shinobi, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Landstalker and Crusader of Centy. You can play them all on your Nintendo Switch system with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 3

segamegadrivenintendoswitchonlinejune2023banner.620x0.webp

New Sega Mega Drive titles added to Nintendo Switch Online June 2023

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Crusader of Centy is a huge get! Amongst the rarest and most valuable Mega Drive titles in existence; and the first time it has been re-released outside of the Mega Drive Mini 2!

Very nice! :D

• Thanks 1

Completed Paper Mario this week, a nice enjoyable game overall. Final Bowser was a piece of piss, which felt a bit weird as I had some tricky battles previously so piled up on some recovery items and never needed to use them.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Final Bowser was a piece of paper

Fixed it for you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Completed Paper Mario this week, a nice enjoyable game overall. Final Bowser was a piece of piss, which felt a bit weird as I had some tricky battles previously so piled up on some recovery items and never needed to use them.

It's because of the badges. Game weirdly gets mostly easier after a certain threshold. I find it's after you get the "All or Nothing" badge. That thing is busted!

By the time you get to Bowser, you should have 30 BP and 50 HP at least. Which makes you broken.

Not as broken as having 30 BP, and 5 HP, mind you. But still OP.

On 29/06/2023 at 9:27 AM, Glen-i said:

It's because of the badges. Game weirdly gets mostly easier after a certain threshold. I find it's after you get the "All or Nothing" badge. That thing is busted!

By the time you get to Bowser, you should have 30 BP and 50 HP at least. Which makes you broken.

Not as broken as having 30 BP, and 5 HP, mind you. But still OP.

I don't think I got that badge, but I was on 30BP and 55HP (because of a +5HP badge), but I was having some attack/defence up badges. 

It's just that the boss before him, The Crystal Long, nearly wrecked me. I'm talkin' one missed attack away from defeat. So I was expecting a tough time. Big up Goombario, dude was amazing.

Update on my Pokémon Stadium Gym Leader Rampage... Took on Fucshia City Gym and made Koga my bitch. 

16 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I don't think I got that badge, but I was on 30BP and 55HP (because of a +5HP badge), but I was having some attack/defence up badges. 

It's just that the boss before him, The Crystal Long, nearly wrecked me. I'm talkin' one missed attack away from defeat. So I was expecting a tough time. Big up Goombario, dude was amazing.

Update on my Pokémon Stadium Gym Leader Rampage... Took on Fucshia City Gym and made Koga my bitch. 

Well, similar thing, really. All or Nothing is a badge that raises Mario's attack by 1, the cool thing being that it only costs 4 BP. It's in the badge shop after you finish Chapter 4. The downside is that if you mess up an action command, you do 0 damage, which isn't an issue, really. By that point of the game, most people have the BP and badges to make Mario really powerful and steamroll a lot of bosses.

Crystal King's biggest hurdle is that damn beam attack! It's tricky to block, and the punishment of getting frozen is devastating! But this can be circumvented by equipping Feeling Fine and Multibounce to deal with the mini crystals he summons. Have those on, use some attack up badges to fill out the rest of your BP, and he's cake!

And yes, Goombario is easily the second best partner in the game. I prefer Watt's attack piercing capabilities personally, but you can't deny the power of the Charge + Multibonk combo.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, Glen-i said:

Crystal King's biggest hurdle is that damn beam attack! It's tricky to block, and the punishment of getting frozen is devastating! But this can be circumvented by equipping Feeling Fine and Multibounce to deal with the mini crystals he summons. Have those on, use some attack up badges to fill out the rest of your BP, and he's cake!

And yes, Goombario is easily the second best partner in the game. I prefer Watt's attack piercing capabilities personally, but you can't deny the power of the Charge + Multibonk combo.

I got frozen so many times, I had to rely on Goombario holding the fort for me. Then the fucker healed himself. I had to rush to the FAQ to check on a strategy, luckily it said he could only do it twice, which the fucker did but I managed to tough it out.

I liked Watt against high defence stuff because the others weren't as good, although I probably favoured Bombette more because she could affect multiple enemies. I was so hoping I could multidonk a boss with Goombario, but my record was 10 and that was against a Piranha Plant.

I'm still toying with what to play next. I did start Phantasy Star as I was feeling a time suck RPG, but naturally other stuff came and took over. Strangely enough I've developed an urge to play Links Awakening again. I'll see if I resist.

Gym Leader Castle complete

For the Elite Four/Rival I went with what I used to play, except swapping out Mewtwo for Alakazam because you can't pick him. Previously I tried not picking my originals, but a few got used a fair bit. Big up Dugtrio.

I failed I think 4 times, once against a bloke at Blaine's Gym, then against Blaine himself (but I had a state save just before him), same against Giovanni (Ge-Vanny). And lastly against Lance, who I didn't have a save state for so had to go through the other Elites, but they were pushovers.

Oh, and check out this great swag I can't use or even get

You're a more patient person then I am, @EEVILMURRAY. Even with save states, I don't think I can handle how crummy rental Pokémon are.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Great job! Now do Round 2…

Lol, I bet he hasn't even touched any of the stadiums yet.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Great job! Now do Round 2…

Fine... I'll go do all the cups...

@Glen-i - it was quite easy most of the time, you just need to pick a few wild cards for the pre-leader trainers who don't have the gym-type specific Pokémon. And a willingness to go for a lesser stage because their attacks are better. Graveler over Golem for example. 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 8:20 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Fine... I'll go do all the cups...

Ok, I shall admit I have hit.some difficulty. Did Poké Ball and Great Ball of Prime Cup with barely any difficulty. Had only 1-2 Pokémon faint in 16 matches.

Then went for the Petit Cup, mama Mia. Had to use one continue on one match and blasted through 5 more in the final. Luckily I did make a save state beforehand and went back for another round. But I did it!

But I do start to see some of the issues people may have been mentioning...

On 17/07/2023 at 9:46 PM, Ike said:

Seems retailers are selling the expansion pack now which means it can be gotten a bit cheaper, for example, Shopto are selling it for £26.85.

Yup, and I finally picked up the Expansion Pack sub as a result. :)

Got a lot of content to catch up on now, with the MK8DX and Animal Crossing DLC, plus all of the additional retro console stuff. :cool: Currently trying to focus on Banjo-Kazooie, which I've somehow never played through fully before! :o It can be tricky to readapt to old school games like this sometimes though (especially with how weird it is playing N64 with a modern controller layout :heh:) but I'm making an effort to stick with it. :hehe:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It can be tricky to readapt to old school games like this sometimes though (especially with how weird it is playing N64 with a modern controller layout :heh:) but I'm making an effort to stick with it.

If you think you’ll play a lot of the N64 games, I highly recommended getting one of the new N64 controllers for Switch. They make the games so much easier to play. And the rumble on them is amazing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yup, and I finally picked up the Expansion Pack sub as a result. :)

Got a lot of content to catch up on now, with the MK8DX and Animal Crossing DLC, plus all of the additional retro console stuff. :cool: Currently trying to focus on Banjo-Kazooie, which I've somehow never played through fully before! :o It can be tricky to readapt to old school games like this sometimes though (especially with how weird it is playing N64 with a modern controller layout :heh:) but I'm making an effort to stick with it. :hehe:

Psst... No-one will behoove you if you decide to join @BowserBasherand I for the occasional game of Mario Party 2.

Thankfully, that one works just fine with a Pro Controller.

• Thanks 1

On 20/07/2023 at 10:37 PM, BowserBasher said:

If you think you’ll play a lot of the N64 games, I highly recommended getting one of the new N64 controllers for Switch. They make the games so much easier to play. And the rumble on them is amazing. 

There are also adapters now available that let you use them wirelessly on original N64 consoles too.

51Lo6j+qD9L._SL1000_.jpg

I've got 4 of these hooked up.  They're tits! :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1