N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Julius

I mean, yeah. I've always said that any Skyward Sword dungeon utterly clowns upon the equivalent in BotW.

Ironically, I couldn't get into the HD version. Not because I think it's worse, but because Joy-cons suck. Nowhere near as precise or as reliable as the Wii motion plus.

Game's still great though.

42 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, yeah. I've always said that any Skyward Sword dungeon utterly clowns upon the equivalent in BotW.

Ironically, I couldn't get into the HD version. Not because I think it's worse, but because Joy-cons suck. Nowhere near as precise or as reliable as the Wii motion plus.

Game's still great though.

The motion detection itself isn’t the problem… it’s the wireless interference.  If you can play with the Joycons in a place that isn’t smothered in Bluetooth/WiFi signals everywhere? The controls actually work just fine…

… unfortunately I’m not so lucky :(

Hopefully Switch 2 finally gives as a robust wireless solution for this game.

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

SS is probably the most Metroid-esc of all the Zeldas… something that only works to its benefit.

I'd say it's the most straight line Zelda which isn't what I associate with Metroidvanias. Unless you mean because of motion control it's like Prime 3.

Besides, Metroid takes after Zelda rather than the other way around.

• 4 months later...