Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The official 24 thread (mark spoilers please thank you)

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone mentions downloading, or torrents or anything like that again, I will lock this thread.

24 is the series you should buy, not download. Whilst I may be downloading season 5 to see it spoiler-free as it hits in America first, it's a guarentee I'll be the first in line to buy it when it hits retail over here. Who else can say the same?

Less talk of illegal file sharing, everyone.

I dunno Odwin, we aren't talking about where or how to get it... only that you could if you really wanted to.

I don't want to be crap over this, but a little while ago there was a post on this page saying something along the lines of "New episode: Downloading at 50kb/s!" which I deleted. That's the sort of post that I object to. Sure, some of you are watching the fifth season and I know that being UK residents everyone is probably downloading it. Discuss 24, but just don't glorify the downloading like it's some amazing thing and totally Bauer-esque. Hope that explains my view adequately.

For the record Jordan, I've not had a problem with anything you've posted.

I just want to pipe in to agree with Odwin, Foxy and Guy's comments. The fact that certain people have downloaded pretty much every episode without buying a single DVD narks me the hell off. Every season can be bought for less than £20, so I see no reason to be a pirate. Season 5 is the first one which I am downloading, simply because I lack patience. I also have full intentions of buying the DVD on release in August, just like I have with every other one.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way let's concentrate on talk of 24. S5E09 discussion:

Logan is really starting to piss me off, he's a little shitmuffin. I'm not really bothered about the fact that he's helping the terrorists kill the Russian prime minister, or even that his wife is in danger, but that fact that Agent Aaron Pierce is in the car really disturbs me. If he's killed I will not be happy.

Also, Curtis got Bauered.

Just finished Season 1 and the ending was good. I guessed that

Nina was the mole at the beginning, but then when Jamie was too, it put me off the track. Nice twist, even if it was a little farfetched that Nina could go 23 episodes being completely on Jack's side and against the Drazens and then go all bad and against Jack in the last ep. I knew about Terri's death because of the season 5 trailer, serves me right for joining so late in the game I suppose.

I think I need more, I'll buy Season 2 soon.

You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a

direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

The quickest way to a man's heart is through Jack

Bauer's gun.

If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert

red. His second favorite color is violet, but just

because it sounds like violent.

Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's

because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle

Eastern men.

Before Heroin, Jack Bauer tried becoming addicted to speed...but it only slowed him down.

Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just

makes him angry.

People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.

S5E10 thoughts:

Lots of good stuff in this episode. The showdown between Lynn McGill (who I will hereby be referring to as "Samwise") and Audrey/Curtis was great, and i'm glad he's out of the way for now. He'll make a return and mess things around again though, i'm sure of it.

The actual attack on the motorcade was well done, and I shouted "NO" when it looked like Agent Pierce (one of my favourite characters, and one of the handful of characters who was in Season 1) had been killed. Thank god he didn't, and i'm really enjoying how the writers have pushed him into the limelight.

The Bauer storyline was a bit boring this episode, and I saw the threat in the bunker coming a mile off, but at least Henderson's secretary was hot. She could check my "accounts" any day. Also, Henderson's mention of Nina Myers and Mason sent a tingle down my spine.

Spoilers for episode aired last week in America, dunno what the number is or anything as I don't watch.

I hear Jack Bauer takes down a freakin' helicopter. Thats crazy, and not even a good

kind of crazy. A "this is getting wicked unrealistic" crazy. Ah well, whats a boy to do?

Spoilers for episode aired last week in America, dunno what the number is or anything as I don't watch.

I hear Jack Bauer takes down a freakin' helicopter. Thats crazy, and not even a good

kind of crazy. A "this is getting wicked unrealistic" crazy. Ah well, whats a boy to do?

That is episode 9, and it's not quite like that:

He doesn't "take down a helicopter" per se.

He repeatedly fires at it with a handgun and manages to hit the fuel supply, which leaks into the air, forcing the helicopter to retreat.

Whether or not that is actually possible with the gun he was using I don't know, i'm no weapons expert.

It didn't seem overly unrealistic.

To be honest if you go into any 24 episode expecting pinpoint realism you'll come out disappointed, just take it as an action movie that is more technically-accurate than most.

It just seems they are making Jack Bauer invincible
But he is. He's 50% human, 50% robot and 100% awesome.

(I do actually agree with you, if I were to write out a list of the things that he's done/he's been subjected to it would blow your mind)

Bloody hell, if thats true, I'm not surprised BBC had to cancel. £250,000 per episode??? No sodding way.

It's £250,000 for an episode of the Simpsons too, I was hoping C4 would pick up the 24 contract as well as the Simpsons, but they do have Without a Trace kinda fitting that market of viewers.. They are airing enough American TV on C4 at the moment anyway.

How did series 3, 4 and 5 compare to 1 and 2?

Gotta say season 5 is pretty good so far! Its annoying have to wait every week for an ep... but it really builds the suspence.

Basically, Bauer got owned... i mean how did he fall into such a stupid trap?