NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The official 24 thread (mark spoilers please thank you)

I think it's best if we keep it all here, guys. :P

I bought the series 1 boxset off amazon.co.uk for a measly £18. I'm now about half way through watching it, and am completely addicted. I've got my brother hooked on it, as well.

I actually forgot something in my original list of occurances of Tony getting shafted.

He gets shot in the damn neck in Series 3.

I also bought Season 1 off Amazon. Only got 7 or episodes left, excellent show. Considering buying Season 2 but people say its not as good and gets a bit OTT and ridiculous. Bauer for president.

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4TigkMmedL65rPshFenZKrKCet2uKgmkGuERbFOMVCmi9hz8degnPGFOLK1fcOEqIuDNhKku3uGfRAjmHd6Pgu

ah, the Bauer.

you know, a friend of mine had a dream where Jack was his dad.

oh and for the record, series 2 is funking class. buy it, sucker.

I also bought Season 1 off Amazon. Only got 7 or episodes left, excellent show. Considering buying Season 2 but people say its not as good and gets a bit OTT and ridiculous. Bauer for president.

Jordan keeps ranting to me that Series 2 is the best, so i dunno there. :D

I'm really tempted to get 2 as well now. :hmm:

They're only £18 each on Play.com btw.

I loved all the series so far, I'm on episode 20 of season 4. I thought series 4 was the only one that started a little bit slowly, but it did take a turn for the awesome when Tony appeared in episode 12ish. All the old crew are back now, we're only needing Chase, Kim and Adam back now :)

Season 2 changes the format of 24 somewhat, in Season 1 the show is mainly focused on Jack's personal struggles to save his family as well as protect the Senator.. whereas in Season 2 (and 3, 4 and 5 in fact) the threat is increased to something that will usually kill millions of people.

That doesn't mean it's any less good, though.

S2 also includes my favourite moment in 24 ever, so like Dan said, buy it sucker.

I really enjoyed season one, it felt so fresh and original but I was a bit annoyed by all the strange coincidences; the terrorists and Bauer's family kidnapped and many other things.

Season 2 annoyed me, I felt there were more coincidences and many things were predictable what was the reason not to watch Season 3.

Then I read good critics about Season 4 and have decided to watch it (it took a bit until it was aired here) and currently there are about 10 hours left. I'm loving this Season for me it's the best I have seen so far and there aren't these strange coincidences and saved in the very last moment things, it feels much more realistic.

I really enjoyed season one, it felt so fresh and original but I was a bit annoyed by all the strange coincidences; the terrorists and Bauer's family kidnapped and many other things.

You really need to watch the first series again. :P

Strange, I too bought season one just two days ago and am also hooked. If I start watching season 5 this Sunday, is there any big spoilers waiting to be given away? I haven't seen Season 2-4.

The whole point of series one is that there are no coincidences about it.....

oh and a question for the jack fans: when has he used anything other than pistols or a sniper rifle to kill somebody? oh, and knives.

Strange, I too bought season one just two days ago and am also hooked. If I start watching season 5 this Sunday, is there any big spoilers waiting to be given away? I haven't seen Season 2-4.

If that was me, what i'd do is tape season 5, but watch season 2-4. I think it makes sense to watch things in order, really.

Dan: He killed Ted Cofell in the limo with his hands, but that was unintentional. :P

ah he kills various people with his magic stealth killer powers, this is true. he just never seems to use any guns beyond handguns.

ah he kills various people with his magic stealth killer powers, this is true. he just never seems to use any guns beyond handguns.

That's a good thing though. He uses skill, rather than being an outright weapons whore.

I'm currently in season 3, it's crazy shit! Ep 17 next. :)

EDIT: Remember guys, watch it all in order... or it's not gunna make much sense.

oh and a question for the jack fans: when has he used anything other than pistols or a sniper rifle to kill somebody? oh, and knives.
shotgun8el.jpg

Technically he only kills a dog with it, but whatever. He's also broken a neck before and he kills a guy with surgical scissors in Series 5.

As for Colin, I strongly suggest watching each series in order. The first episode of series 5 is pretty major when it comes to the overall plot of the show and shifting the cast around.

My friend lent me the first two seasons a few months ago after going on about how great it is. Watched two episodes and never got round to it. Im sure its great, but before I carry on watching it I've gotta rewatch Veronica Mars, Firefly (although my Serenity DVD shipped today so doubt I'll do it in time), Arrested Development Season Two, The 4400 and then 24.

I cant relax too well, normally thinking "how long until this ends then I can do something else", no matter how much I love what im watching. So 24 is worse because there is a constant clock.

Watch the other series' first, you can just "watch" season 5 later on like I'll be doing :heh:

-edit- Ashley. Hmmm

I have never watched 24 before, i tried finding episode one on torent but had no luck. I was thinknig of watching Series 5 on Sunday, or do i need to have watched the others first?

The constant pressures of Miek and Guy made me buy season 1. Its great, gripping TV.

Tomorrow i shall increase the power of Bauer by buying season 2. I hear Tesco's have them for £21 ish so I'll go during a college free. Win.

Also, no one post spoilers :P

EDIT: To all the warezing shits (mainly Jordan), buy the boxsets.

NEVER!

mwahhahahaha

I have a like, all the seasons and all the new eps. Whos the warez daddy!

I own all the series that have came out on boxset as I buy them release day. I cant wait or the new series to start as it has to be the most gripping thing on tv. In regards for which series was the best I would have to say 4 followed by 2.

I also have the game on pre-order. Is anyone else picking it up?

I have never watched 24 before, i tried finding episode one on torent but had no luck. I was thinknig of watching Series 5 on Sunday, or do i need to have watched the others first?

It's HIGHLY reccomended that you do, the first 2 are linked together really closely, the third has some important stuff you shouldnt see without seeing those aswell.

4 is fairly safe ground i think. has bits from 3 but it kinda stands further apart.

ask Mike or Guy about 5. I'm still trying to find it.

If you can't be arsed watching all of the series then starting at 4 is your best bet. Most people consider Series 1-3 a trilogy, as they have mostly the same characters and ongoing plot points. Series 4 has a cast of mostly new characters (with a few old ones appearing later on in the season), and even though there is tons of stuff in there that relates to the previous seasons, it's the easiest to get into (apart from 1 of course).

Season 5 is pretty much a continuation of Season 4, therefore watching it first isn't recommended.

Sign in to follow this