NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Excellent goal by Mbappé, beautifully stroked in. 

So it's a bit if a shame he was a good foot or so offside :laughing:

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Excellent goal by Mbappé, beautifully stroked in. 

So it's a bit if a shame he was a good foot or so offside :laughing:

Indeed. Very well taken but miles offside. Love seeing players celebrate and then realise it doesn’t count. Always cracks me up.

Mbappé and involvement in offside goals, name a better duo :D

Edited by Julius

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

Mbappé and involvement in offside goals, name a better duo :D

Gerrard and Torres.

• Haha 1

France deserved the win, better team on the night and unfortunately the ball just didn't fall the way Germany needed it to in the final third.

Both teams were very nervy and complacent in possession, especially in the first half, think Hungary and Portugal can take away from this game that there might be some points they could sneak away with in their next games :D

There is no reason for Mbappe to ever be offside, he's so quick he doesn't need to risk it. 

France weren't very convincing but Germany looked quite poor - they were quite similar to Croatia, no penetration at all and they barely put any good crosses into the box. 

Very scrappy game overall, not the classic we were all hoping for

I think what will be interesting is what teams don't make it through in third place. I keep thinking there is no danger, but someone decent is bound to miss out.

I was working as the Portugal-Hungary game started. I stopped by some coffee as I left work, just in time to see a TV screen showing 0-0, a handball being ignored by the ref, and then Hungary putting the ball through the net. I left the place pissed at what I was seeing (and I didn't stay enough time to see the goal being annulled).

I then drove home for 40+ minutes through a sudden freak tropical-like thunderstorm, turned off the radio, and did my best to focus on the good news from the Direct.

Got home to see my Whatsapp Family group celebrating the result... and then I saw Portugal had won 3-0. I wondered if I had entered a parallel universe. That game was a rollercoaster of emotions, and I barely watched any of it!

I should be able to catch the game against Germany. Hopefully we can eke out a win there and secure qualification sooner than expected (sorry, drahkon)

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

(sorry, drahkon)

It's fine :p I'm too busy to really care about football these days. And I'm not just saying that because we will most likely be eliminated early...I'M NOT!

(maybe a little)

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's fine :p I'm too busy to really care about football these days. And I'm not just saying that because we will most likely be eliminated early...I'M NOT!

(maybe a little)

At worst, Germany will get through in third place and kick into gear in the knockout rounds when these other teams form is dipping. Just you wait. 

30 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

At worst, Germany will get through in third place and kick into gear in the knockout rounds when these other teams form is dipping. Just you wait. 

I obviously hope that'll come true, but yesterday's performance doesn't necessarily convince me. Löw and his substitution tactics will ruin our chances. I mean, he put in a forward (Volland) and let him play as a left-back for more than 5 minutes at the end of the match. :nono: If he doesn't change his ways until the next match then what you proposed will not happen. We will struggle against Portugal and if Hungary can put on another fight we'll probably not score against them, either.

But hey, I wanted to be a more positive and optimistic person so...GO GERMANY! We'll win this thing.

giphy.gif

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany face France again in the final.

Big game for Wales today, they probably need to get a win against Turkey for a chance of getting to the knock out stage.

Italy is surely a lock today, but the other 2 games are a lot tougher to call. Incredibly Finland could be the first team to qualify for the knockouts. I’ve got them down for a hard fought point, and Wales taking the 3

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Italy is surely a lock today, but the other 2 games are a lot tougher to call. Incredibly Finland could be the first team to qualify for the knockouts. I’ve got them down for a hard fought point, and Wales taking the 3

Yeah same for me. Russia were shocking in the first game, I think Finland could nick a point or even a win today. Turkey were very poor against Italy, Wales should have enough for the three points. 

Good first half from Wales topped off with a great goal. Hopefully they can keep it up in the 2nd half.

I'm surprised how open Turkey are at the back, Wales pulled off that sort of move a few times in the first half - they're unlucky not to be a couple of goals up. 

Before the tournament I'd expected Turkey to emerge as one of the surprise favourites and I figured that Wales would struggle to get a point on the board but in actuality the opposite is more likely.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Great performance overall! Awful penalty, but Bale was on top form otherwise 

Yeah, very good performance all round. They could have easily had 4 or 5 goals.

I couldn't believe that they weren't just keeping the ball in the corner and seeing out the clock but what do I know? Bale waltzed through twice like there was no one trying to stop him, the penalty was atrocious but he made up for it in the end with another great assist. 

Wales totally deserved the 3pts, Turkey are in real danger of not getting out of the group

Hell of a ball by Locatelli to the right wing, damn. Absolutely deserved to finish that move off, Italy look lethal. 

Also that Chiellini goal being disallowed...yeah, don't agree with that one. At all. Maybe players should start tying their hands behind their back? 

Italy are always so well organised and drilled but they are extra exciting this time around. :grin: It's great to see. 

Sign in to follow this