N-Europe

Arctic monkeys: Live!

Dan_Dare

Arctic Monkeys are pretty decent, but the way everyone raves about them you would think they're the reincarnation of the divine Buddah. I mean they've got a good tune, but they're not much better then most of the bands out there. What's all the fuss about? I prefere The Magic Numbers myself.

i got tickets for sheffield on tuesday.

i really didnt want to jump onto the arctic monkeys bandwagon but i think they are as good as the hype and they are from my area, i have to support local talent. the real reason i am going to see them is that they are being supported by maximo park and we are scientists who i think are much better than the monkeys themselves :) but the monkeys still rule.

Actually the Monkeys are supporting Maximo Park, not the other way round.

The reason why they're so hyped is because people go on internet forums and say things like 'Why are they so hyped, I mean, they're alright, but...' and it just spreads the myth. I don't think they're hyped at all...

Are you kidding? They've been raving about them on the radio for a couple of weeks now. Although the guy on Radio 1 said their album was pretty dissapointing, so maybe the hype will reduce to normal levels soon. That's PR corperations for you.

Why don't you listen to band themselves, and Don't Believe The Hype.

Sorry, pun.

Damn those ebay arseholes!! i tried and tried to get tickets but failed! sold out in like 8 minutes...

Ive already seen them at the Leeds Festival and Luckily i have an NME tour ticket and they are playing as part of that. But that's not the point i wanted some tickets for this tour.

I got a feeling they are gonna add another date in London tho one of those due to public demand extra date added blah blah.

No doubt the ebay arseholes will buy all those aswell. MOFO's

my mum tried to get me tickets to see them in sheffield but she couldnt :( she said people had been queuing since 2pm when they were realsed at 6pm and still didnt get tickets :( o well...

chilis dates are announced on the 7th but i heard a rumour tickets will be like £85 each :o

the real reason i am going to see them is that they are being supported by maximo park and we are scientists who i think are much better than the monkeys themselves :) but the monkeys still rule.

Actually Maximo Park are headlining... I am going to the NME gig in London and the running order is: (from first on to headline)

Mystery Jets

We Are Scientists

Arctic Monkeys

Maximo Park

Just checked ebay and Arctic monkeys tickets are already heading over £150 for a pair.

Just checked ebay and Arctic monkeys tickets are already heading over £150 for a pair.

Quite ridiculous to be honest. Don't people understand they're getting ripped off? The Tickets (I'm assuming this) are only around £15, what idiot would pay ten times the face value.

Quite ridiculous to be honest. Don't people understand they're getting ripped off? The Tickets (I'm assuming this) are only around £15, what idiot would pay ten times the face value.

Some people with more money than sense buy them, or they think they can resell them. Trust me closer to the time the price drops because sellers get desperate.