Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Dcubed

The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.

Starting Tuesday, October 25, 2022 (while supplies last), in the US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, the DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for pre-order only through direct.playstation.com.

The DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for direct.playstation.com customers in these countries starting January 26, 2023, and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 23, 2023.

b820fe8ab1b290a8f48f91562c4e02be565cdc18.jpg?fit=1024,576&zoom=1.5

Disappointed it's this expensive, but it is a premium product with some quality features.

Not sure when (if) I'll get one.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:
The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99. Starting Tuesday, October 25, 2022 (while supplies last), in the US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, the DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for pre-order only through direct.playstation.com.

The DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for direct.playstation.com customers in these countries starting January 26, 2023, and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 23, 2023.

Are they smoking dope? £210?

Edited by Sheikah

• 3 weeks later...

My copy of God of War arrived a day early - thanks Base.com! - so, even though I won't be ready to start playing for a few days, I figured I'd get the game installed straight away. Just put the disc in and it estimates its going to take 8 hrs to copy, I assume it'll gradually speed up but even so, thats pretty nuts. 

Edited by killthenet

The estimates are nonsense.

I recently downloaded an 80mb patch and it said it would take 4 hours to copy. Didn't even take 5 seconds ::shrug: 

It usually quickly corrects itself. The hours estimate is based on averaging the connection speed every second, which at the beginning is typically almost nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured I should be playing my PS5 more and so made a few purchases during the Black Friday sales, much like I do every year.

FjEU5OWXgAAf6cX?format=jpg&name=large

FjEVAAZWAAEyDd-?format=jpg&name=large

A couple of games (The Quarry and Shredder's Revenge PS5 version) have yet to arrive. Given the recent Royal Mail strikes, I fear they may have been lost in the post.

The controller deal was crazy. You got that and Horizon for £45. 

Plenty to keep me busy over the coming months, although TLOU has already been finished.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
I imagine this will be the main model going forward.

Most likely.

Pretty smart move. This model will streamline production and might also serve as the "blueprint" for a possible Pro unit.

I would assume that the next generation will be completely digital, though. MS and Sony will most likely go that route, Nintendo probably not. They might invent a new medium because they can't help themselves. "Ethereal" game cards or something. :p 

• Haha 1

Well, well, well...Hades.

First run ended prematurely because I couldn't get used to dashing being on X and not on R1. Sadly, I tried to change the button config after the run and not during. Could've gone much further, I guess :D

Managed to beat the Hydra on my second run, though. Used the bow, still hate that weapon. I think I enjoyed an upgraded version of it, though.
Now it's time for the third run. This time it's the shield. Gonna throw it a million times.

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The first half of the year is ridiculous.

It really is. 

Think I'm gonna just go with One Piece Odyssey in January, though. Depending on how it reviews.
Recent previews have been pretty encourage with the game being touted as "Dragon Quest in the One Piece Universe" :o 

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

It really is. 

Think I'm gonna just go with One Piece Odyssey in January, though. Depending on how it reviews.
Recent previews have been pretty encourage with the game being touted as "Dragon Quest in the One Piece Universe" :o 

Yeah, I was reading the preview thread on Era the other day and it has me intrigued. I have no connection with One Piece but I do love a good, classic style JRPG. I'll certainly be keeping my eye on it.