NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What exactly is this Lockheart that keeps being thrown around?

A number of reliable insiders (including the Digital Foundry team) have said that Microsoft are releasing two next gen Xbox's. One that is a super high end, 4K device but also one that is has the exact same CPU, SSD but a weaker GPU that will focus on 1080p (or even 1440p) versions of next gen games. It will allow MS to offer a cheaper jump into next gen for those that either want a XB as a secondary console or perhaps don't have a TV to take advantage o the XSX or PS5.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I get that these consoles are super powerful beasts of terraflops and stuff, but Playstation got ridiculed for their PS3 price tag, and it took years for them to claw lost ground back, are they really going to risk another disaster like that with a price over £500? Even £500 seems steep though I suppose 1 grand giant phones have maybe desensitised people to spending a lot.

2006 was a long time ago.  We live in a completely different world now; where people don’t even bat an eyelid at dropping £1,000+ on a smartphone.  $599.99 is no longer the psychological barrier it once was.

The worldwide economy (never even mind the British economy post-Brexit!) is also currently circling the drain; AND we have an unprecedented worldwide pandemic going on right now - meaning the production costs are rocketing upwards as well.

There’s no way that they can possibly hit the same price points as with previous consoles, but perhaps they don’t even need to... Also, you know, people are used to buying expensive electronics on contract now and I fully expect Microsoft to take advantage of this by bundling the Series X/S hardware with Gamepass as a subscription (as for Sony? I don’t think they’re ready to take this step yet).

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

It's only £50 cheaper but if you account for inflation it's only £20 cheaper. So the £50 cheaper argument disappears. 

You're the one who said it was £50 cheaper in the first place, till Ashley brought up inflation. Not that anyone actually considers inflation when the timeframe is just three years anyway. In terms of mindshare £50 is 2017 may as well be £50 in 2020 to most people.

Point is you can't compare a luxury product meant for hardcore gamers with the base model of a new gen. The price needs to be much more accessible in the latter's case. So no, I didn't find a super powerful console like the Xbox One X to be prohibitively expensive. Playstation were ridiculed at the PS3 launch, for a number of reasons, but price was a big one, they could get away with £500 for the PS5 but any more than that...

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

with better tech like SSDs.

Better tech isn't a reason why prices should increase, it's expected. Otherwise the PS5 should be 100x what the NES cost.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

I've just noticed that the N-E chat is no longer :( Here I thought some of us could get together and relive some E3 memories :D

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Not that anyone actually considers inflation when the timeframe is just three years anyway. In terms of mindshare £50 is 2017 may as well be £50 in 2020 to most people.

Better tech isn't a reason why prices should increase, it's expected. Otherwise the PS5 should be 100x what the NES cost.

The three years we've just had perhaps they should! :p But no, I don't think anyone will factor in inflation in that time period.

Although its tech improvements in context. If the PS5 was the only piece of technology to have evolved since 1989 and every other piece of tech (computers, phones etc) then yes, it would cost 100 times what the NES did, but these things exist in a context and a lot has changed in the 30 years to mean elements are cheaper (plastic, packaging, distribution etc) while some other things are more expensive (those damned terraflops).

And because everyone was wondering the NES adjusted for inflation was £240 so it means the PS5 could be about double the cost.

Let's wait until tonight and then have this conversation again tomorrow because I imagine it will be September time before we get prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

A number of reliable insiders (including the Digital Foundry team) have said that Microsoft are releasing two next gen Xbox's. One that is a super high end, 4K device but also one that is has the exact same CPU, SSD but a weaker GPU that will focus on 1080p (or even 1440p) versions of next gen games. It will allow MS to offer a cheaper jump into next gen for those that either want a XB as a secondary console or perhaps don't have a TV to take advantage o the XSX or PS5.

It's off topic obviously but with regards to Lockhart, if it is indeed happening, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft repurposed the Xbox One X for the basis of what it'll be. That console can safely manage 1080p and in some cases 4K so seems like a good basis to work from, especially given the work that went into developing that chipset. Outfitting that with their SSD solution as is would probably be the easiest way to make lower cost next gen hardware that sticks to the architecture they and developers are accustomed to (would make scalability of games across Lockhart and XSX easier to handle as well).

Obviously theres more to it than that but I could see them doing that as it would certainly keep the cost down on production and allow them to launch it at a price tag that was/is inline with the current pricing of the Xbox One X. Discontinue the older One variants and leave the One X as the sole last gen console they're selling (but give initial compatibility for first party games across the whole suite of One consoles for the first year or so in line with their plan) and re-market the One X as their "budget" hardware, Lockhart as the gateway to next gen and then Series X as the big budget, full bells and whistle hardware. That's my two cents anyway on it.

Anyway, looking forward to the event later. From my perspective, I think I'm ready for new hardware. My PS4 has seen a lot of use since I got it for the original Destiny in 2014 and I'm tired of having to deal with the loudness of the thing when playing games now so I just want the new hardware and a better cooling solution (the easiest of which is to move the PSU outside the box but I get people don't want bulky plugs behind their setups at home). Obviously we'll find out more about the actual console and stuff later, its more about the games tonight and I'm just as excited to see the new Sony Worldwide Studios titles I'll be playing on the hardware, as well as seeing what third parties will bring to the table.

I'm hoping for some big surprises and hoping that things don't start to leak (theres already something doing the rounds with regards to a leak of new merch for a particular IP that heavily hints towards a new entry in that franchise from a third party, that's as specific as I'll be so as not to spoil in the event its real). Should be a good showing though, with plenty for everyone that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

You're the one who said it was £50 cheaper in the first place, till Ashley brought up inflation. Not that anyone actually considers inflation when the timeframe is just three years anyway. In terms of mindshare £50 is 2017 may as well be £50 in 2020 to most people.

What does who brought up inflation have to do with anything? 

The price difference is small whether you account for inflation or not (and you should account for it, because that's how money works). But this isn't the point here. £450 sold fine to enthusiasts in 2017, so we can expect £500 to do the same trick in 2020. And early adopters are nothing if not enthusiasts.

Point is you can't compare a luxury product meant for hardcore gamers with the base model of a new gen.

Yes you can. As others have also said to you, at launch it is targeting enthusiasts. Once the price drops in a few years it becomes more mainstream.

If you look at total console sales at the end of the life of a console, only a small sliver will be sold in the first year.

I'm not saying price doesn't matter but they will price in line with their competition. Their main priority will be appearing good value compared to the competition, and less about being good value in the minds of bargain hunters. 

The price needs to be much more accessible in the latter's case. So no, I didn't find a super powerful console like the Xbox One X to be prohibitively expensive. Playstation were ridiculed at the PS3 launch, for a number of reasons, but price was a big one, they could get away with £500 for the PS5 but any more than that...

As others have said the world was very different at the PS3 launch so this is no longer a valid comparison.

But you just said we can't consider inflation when comparing the Xbox One X and PS5? Which means, keeping price comparisons constant, we should expect the PS5 to be a lot more expensive than the One X since it has better tech like an SSD. If it ended up being £500 then that's not much more expensive, and would appear very good value in comparison.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

It's off topic obviously but with regards to Lockhart, if it is indeed happening, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft repurposed the Xbox One X for the basis of what it'll be. That console can safely manage 1080p and in some cases 4K so seems like a good basis to work from, especially given the work that went into developing that chipset. Outfitting that with their SSD solution as is would probably be the easiest way to make lower cost next gen hardware that sticks to the architecture they and developers are accustomed to (would make scalability of games across Lockhart and XSX easier to handle as well).

Obviously theres more to it than that but I could see them doing that as it would certainly keep the cost down on production and allow them to launch it at a price tag that was/is inline with the current pricing of the Xbox One X. Discontinue the older One variants and leave the One X as the sole last gen console they're selling (but give initial compatibility for first party games across the whole suite of One consoles for the first year or so in line with their plan) and re-market the One X as their "budget" hardware, Lockhart as the gateway to next gen and then Series X as the big budget, full bells and whistle hardware. That's my two cents anyway on it.

Anyway, looking forward to the event later. From my perspective, I think I'm ready for new hardware. My PS4 has seen a lot of use since I got it for the original Destiny in 2014 and I'm tired of having to deal with the loudness of the thing when playing games now so I just want the new hardware and a better cooling solution (the easiest of which is to move the PSU outside the box but I get people don't want bulky plugs behind their setups at home). Obviously we'll find out more about the actual console and stuff later, its more about the games tonight and I'm just as excited to see the new Sony Worldwide Studios titles I'll be playing on the hardware, as well as seeing what third parties will bring to the table.

I'm hoping for some big surprises and hoping that things don't start to leak (theres already something doing the rounds with regards to a leak of new merch for a particular IP that heavily hints towards a new entry in that franchise from a third party, that's as specific as I'll be so as not to spoil in the event its real). Should be a good showing though, with plenty for everyone that's for sure.

Before the leaks about Lockhart came about, that's exactly what I thought MS were going to do.  Turn the XboneX into the low-end option that runs at 720p-1080p and keep all of their games compatible on both machines for the next 3-4 years.  But it seems that they are indeed going to replace the XboneX itself with Lockhart.

I still reckon it'd be a good idea.  But who knows? Maybe they'll still be repurposing certain Xbone X parts to keep Lockhart's costs down, like the GPU and RAM? We already know that they have been harvesting UHD BD drives from the standard XboneS units (The All Digital model is literally an XboneS with the BD drive ripped out of it), so they're clearly already pulling this strategy to cut production costs of the Series X/XboneX as it is.

Either way, I find their strategy as a whole really interesting.  They're absolutely playing 5D Chess here with Sony :hehe:

But I'm really looking forward to finally seeing Sony show their hand (or at least some of it) tonight.  Can't wait to see how they respond to what MS is cooking!

Edited by Dcubed

21 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

(and you should account for it, because that's how money works)

I know it does, I'm the one who told you about inflation when I was explaining why games are cheaper than they've ever been these days. And so does Ashley, because he brought it up after your £50 cheaper comment.

£450 sold fine to enthusiasts in 2017, so we can expect £500 to do the same trick in 2020.

How many people bought an Xbox One X though really? And anyway I think £500 would be steep but just about manageable at a push. I was speaking mostly about any price over 500.

As others have said the world was very different at the PS3 launch so this is no longer a valid comparison.

Ridicule will come at any day and age, be it at the PS3 reveal or nowadays, the reasons may vary but it can still happen with one slip up. More so these days in fact with social media being everywhere.

But you just said we can't consider inflation when comparing the Xbox One X and PS5?

I said that no one has inflation in their minds when they think of a product in 2017 and a similar product in 2020. 

we should expect the PS5 to be a lot more expensive than the One X since it has better tech like an SSD. If it ended up being £500 then that's not much more expensive, and would appear very good value in comparison.

Tech improving in a new generation is a given.

Edited by Ronnie

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I know it does, I'm the one who told you about inflation when I was explaining why games are cheaper than they've ever been these days. And so does Ashley, because he brought it up after your £50 cheaper comment.

I'm confused what you mean by this but just to be clear I wasn't considering his point about the X. I was just curious what the inflated price was and that was about it. 

I don't know. Let's just wait and see until we know what's actually happening. 

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

I've just noticed that the N-E chat is no longer :( Here I thought some of us could get together and relive some E3 memories :D

It's still there it's just that there's no link to it on the main page. :peace:

How long is this presentation going to be? Does anyone know?

I'll likely watch it, as it's after Mario Kart finishes. If it's an hour long presentation or less, that'd be ideal, but if there's more to show then, so be it. :smile:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

How long is this presentation going to be? Does anyone know?

Yes, it's just over an hour.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

It's still there it's just that there's no link to it on the main page.

giphy.gif

I'll probably be there. :D Come on, fellow N-E people, join the chatroom tonight :p

• Like 3

Looking forward to enjoying not E3 with everyone, papa needs his consumerism.

• Like 2

Jason (formerly of Kotaku and now writing for Bloomberg) has just said that Spiderman 2 isn't Insomniac's next game....

My Rachet and Clank hype is officially through the roof!

27 minutes ago, gaggle64 said:

Looking forward to enjoying not E3 with everyone, papa needs his consumerism.

I usually temper expectations with things like this but it's been years since Playstation has revealed anything big, and with the show being an hour long my expectations are through the roof. Exciting!

• Like 1

I'm keeping expectations very much in check. Sony have never had strong launches and we saw recently that many studios don't seem to know what "gameplay" is when they showed their teasers. Any interesting new games we see are a bonus for me.

• Like 1

I'm stupidly excited and naively expect to be completely blown away and mesmerised for the entire hour - what a schmuck!

mrw-im-staying-up-really-late-and-suddenly-hear-birds-chirping-116105.gif

Yeah, Insomniac's next game is Rachet and Clank; I've known that for a while.  Supposedly its aiming for the launch window (not necessarily launch day).

My sources are adamant that we're seeing HZD2 here as well and that it's aiming for a Q3 2021 release; but I personally don't think it'll make that date, even if they do announce it here.  I can't see how they could realistically pull it off and it is inevitably going to get delayed, no matter what Sony claim.  Guerilla Games has simply been spread too thin over the last couple of years for them to pull off that date.

GT7 is a given, but you don't need insider sources to know that.  Good lord it has been ridiculously overdue for ages now!

Likewise Demon's Souls Remastered is coming from Bluepoint, but again, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this one has been a long time coming anyway.  It's currently the worst kept secret in the industry :p 

Edited by Dcubed

Been thinking about the event a lot, and really excited for it. Wanted to parse through some of my thoughts on games and mostly major developers that may or may not turn up on here to turn the conversation towards software. I'm going to stay away from covering games already announced for the current generation (i.e. Babylon's Fall), and if I do think a game will be present, it doesn't necessarily mean I think a release this year or anything like that - just commenting on how likely I think it is that it'll turn up here. I've got a few categories I'll split my conversation points into:

Seemingly Inevitable - of course they're going to turn up, are you crazy?

Distinct Possibility - I think it's a coin toss in a lot of ways, but I'm leaning towards it happening more than not. 

Just A Tease - what it says on the can. Maybe a couple of seconds of footage at a push. More about the announcement of the game than a true first look at the game. 

Probably Not - yeah, I don't think so. 

Capcom-Logo-video-games-37755509-1280-71

Let's start with third parties. Let's start with Capcom. And let's start with Resident Evil 8, the presence of which at this event to me is Seemingly Inevitable - in the past few years as I've become more and more interested in games and followed the industry more closely, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2 (2019) and Resident Evil 3 (2020) have all been revealed at a PlayStation event (E3 2016, E3 2018, and December 2019's State of Play, respectively) and I don't see any reason why Capcom wouldn't be gearing up to have a game of this size at this event to be released in the first year of the PS5. And we know their estimates for this Financial Year that there seems to be a lot in the works. From some of their other biggest franchises, are we going to see Street Fighter VI or a Monster Hunter World II here? Probably Not. Street Fighter V recently had a new season announced which honestly could take them through until this time next year, and the Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter World was only released back in September of last year on consoles and in January on PC's. While both are inevitable, I think they're still a good ways off. Elsewhere there's the potential for Dragon's Dogma II, but unless someone is leading that other than Itsuno, I just don't see it being turned around so quickly after Devil May Cry V released early last year, so that's a Probably Not from me too. But I do think that Capcom will have at least one other card up their sleeve which they might show here, and that will either be in the form of a remake of a game from, or a new game for, the Dino Crisis or Onimusha franchises. Considering that I think they've very likely got horror covered with RE8, I'm going to say that there's a Distinct Possibility that Onimusha will be the one that reveals itself after the Warlords remaster was released at the start of last year, so we're Probably Not going to see Dino Crisis just yet. And thank goodness, because that game terrified me as a child. 

0BNluN0.jpg

Moving on from Capcom, I feel like we should talk about Konami, who have been making some weird moves to seemingly get back into the industry seemingly after a few years of hitting the gambling scene hard with their licensed pachinko machines, such as with the continued ports of older games and very recently publishing Skelattack. It's been heavily rumoured that Silent Hill could return in a collaboration to reboot the franchise between PlayStation and Konami over the last year or so, and where there's smoke, I think there's bound to be fire. Whether that necessarily means that we see the game today though I'm not so sure, I think it depends a lot actually on what's going on with RE8.  I know that they deal with different types of horror, so if RE8 is a first-person game and this is third-person, then I think we could see both, but if they're going to be of a similar ilk I feel like both PlayStation and Konami would play it smart and hold off from today's event. So I'm going to say that it's a Distinct Possibility and largely depends on what that game is going to play like more than anything else.

How about a Metal Gear Solid Remake in the FOX Engine? We wish, but yeah, Probably Not :cry:one step at a time for this Konami redemption arc!

square-enix-logo.jpg

I think the next base we should hit is Square Enix, and boy is this one always tough to predict. I think there's a Distinct Possibility that Final Fantasy XVI is shown here, even if not directed by Naoki Yoshida (as I had researched into and hoped would be the case previously). We know Square loves revealing things way too soon, but what greater showcase could Square honestly offer? The last of XV's DLC was released last year and that game was released way back towards the end of 2016. I know we've had Final Fantasy VII Remake since, but honestly, I don't see them holding off on XVI given the potential for diminishing returns for the Final Fantasy VII Remake project (that's just the case with most franchises honestly, and doesn't speak at all to my confidence in them to put out a great product) and how long that game might be released from now. I've only played VII, VII, and VII Remake from the franchise so far, and honestly, I think a steampunk or more traditional JRPG setting would be a great counter to VII Remake's gritty cyberpunk world. But if it is here, it's probably Just A Tease.

Speaking of which, are we going to see Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 here? Probably Not, given that game was only released a couple of months ago and is still some 9 months or so away from releasing on other platforms. But you know I'd love for it to be.

Another major title I think Square Enix likely has in the works at this point is a new Tomb Raider title (Shadow was 2018, right? So that seems about right), but I feel like this is much more likely to be at an Xbox event given their recent marketing history together, so Probably Not. Same for seeing the next Dragon Quest title here, unfortunately. Feel like that's a reveal for next year at the earliest. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Luminous Productions project! Seeing as I think XVI is turning up here, I don't think S-E will want to divert our attention from that at all with what Luminous have been up to, so I'm going to say Probably Not. 

9aaa6092a7b62275ed13fb2d37d58d15.jpg

Bringing it over to the west, let's talk Activision. Unless they're going crazy and have a publishing deal with someone much like they did with Sekiro last year, I think the only thing Seemingly Inevitable from them here is the reveal of this year's Call of Duty. That one's been written in the starts for the last hundred years I reckon, so not exactly pushing the boat out with that.

What I am going to suggest as a Distinct Possibility though is the reveal of a new Crash or Spyro game, given their recent PS1 trilogy remakes and strong ties to the PlayStation brand it seems a good fit and a colourful platformer would likely stand out quite well in this crowd. Given the Crash trilogy was remade first and it feels like it's the one that's been teased more, and potentially has a stronger and larger fan base (?), I'm going to lean towards a new Crash game being revealed over Spyro here. Not much else from Activision in my mind, unless there's a new IP in the works?

468632-EA-logo-shadow-typography-748x421

Everyone's favourite video game company, Electronic Arts, I think could actually be a no-show tonight. The rumoured starfighter-oriented Star Wars game, Project Maverick, is Probably Not turning up here seeing as EA Play is just next week, unless there's a VR component, but I don't see that being pushed at a PS5 event anyways. Normally I'd say that an EA Sports title showing up here is Seemingly Inevitable, but given the delay in sports seasons due to coronavirus, inevitably pushing back the start of many the next sports seasons and also kit reveals, I think they're Probably Not showing up here either. Maybe a Mass Effect remake or remaster? But I just don't it. So Probably Not.

Warner_Bros_Interactive_Entertainment_2019.png

The last major third party I want to cover is WB Interactive. Boy do I not know what to make of their plans at the moment. Months of teasing a new Batman title only to tell fans they came to that conclusion themselves and to just be patient, to the leaked footage of that Harry Potter game in some shady closet in a shopping complex...is just bizarre. And according to practically everyone, they had plans for their first E3 event this year. After years of teasing the new Batman game it should be Seemingly Inevitable that it turns up tonight, but given just how mixed their messaging has been, I'm going to put it down to a Distinct Possibility. It should be there tonight, because in all honesty, I don't think there's going to be a bigger gaming event than this for the next year, and they'd be silly to not turn up.

The Harry Potter title I feel is Probably Not going to be showing up tonight, and honestly that's just a gut feeling based on how weird it is that we even know about that game. 

To briefly comment on other third parties, the presence of Godfall which is being published by Gearbox is Seemingly Inevitable, given its reveal back at The Game Awards last year. Bethesda seem to have lost their grasp on project announcements a few years ago and I think the stuff from ID Software is in desperate need of an engine overhaul, so I don't expect them to turn up, nor do I expect Ubisoft, seeing as I feel like a lot of their projects have already been announced, and even if there was something new to announce, they have their own event next month. Maybe Watch Dogs: Legion, but I'm going to say Probably Not. I don't expect SEGA to turn up here considering the New Game Plus Expo is two weeks away, which they've confirmed they'll be attending, and Yakuza: Like A Dragon is on its way to the west at the start of next gen. That being said, they do take on a lot of projects at once, so maybe Ryu Ga Gotoku will have something to show at that event?

On the independent studios side of things, with the recent chatter around Housemarque, I think their new title being here is Seemingly Inevitable too. Death Stranding released just last year and is gearing up for a PC release, so Kojima Productions is Probably Not going to be turning up tonight. Fumito Ueda has been working on a new game which was prototyped back in 2018, and just a few months ago Epic Games announced they were backing the project, so that game is Probably Not turning up because I really don't think it's as far as along as we might have hoped. But I do think there is a Distinct Possibility of Playdead's next game being here, considering that they haven't released a game since INSIDE in 2016. 

playstation-studios-1280.jpg

Onto what I think is the most exciting side of things now: the first (and second?) party titles. First game to talk about is the heavily rumoured Demon's Souls Remake by Bluepoint Games, which at this point we've been beat over the head so much with that it is Seemingly Inevitable. A motorsport showpiece feels like a mainstay for showcasing a console's capabilities, and especially given the recent rumours, I feel like Gran Tursimo 7 is also Seemingly Inevitable. Insomniac taking a break from Spidey with a new Ratchet & Clank title seems like it would be a smart move, and considering that there was a 2 year gap between the last R&C and Spider-Man, I think it's a Distinct Possibility that the new title is shown off tonight.

Sony Santa Monica expanded last year but we're Probably Not going to see a potential new IP from them here if that was the main reason for the expansion, and Bend just released Day Gone last year so I don't think they're turning up to the party either, and Naughty Dog has apparently been sending people over to Sony San Diego for a potential new IP, which if true might see them here showing something off other than MLB The Show (and again, sports delays, etc., mean we might not see that here either).

Japan Studio's ASOBI team seems focused on VR, and recently so has Japan Studio proper, but Project Siren hasn't released a game since Gravity Rush 2 in 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up here. 

As for the "big three" potential first party games to have sequels revealed here - a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War II, and Spider-Man 2 - I think at least one of them is Seemingly Inevitable to turn up tonight just because of how much attention they would get, and I think that will be Horizon. Simply put, Guerrilla had the greatest lead time between them, Insomniac, and SSM, and it would be an excellent way to show off the capabilities of the PS5. I think Spider-Man 2 could turn up, but as Just A Tease. God of War II? Probably Not, but I would be elated if it did. 

As for the console itself, I think we could see Just A Tease of it - silhouette, close-ups, all in a dark room and maybe with a smoke machine running - but price is Probably Not being announced here. My gut feeling is that the console reveal and price announcement could end up closing out the end of Summer Game Fest at Gamescom. Hmm. 

And that's my rundown. That was a little long, but I'm definitely hyped! Look forward to discussing the event with you all later!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping that Naughtly Dog have a trailer for their Last of Us 2 Multiplayer game which was going to be released as its own thing if I remember correctly.  If I'm talking shite please all jump in and correct me immediately!

Take cover! - GIF on Imgur

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, Insomniac's next game is Rachet and Clank; I've known that for a while.  Supposedly its aiming for the launch window (not necessarily launch day).

My sources are adamant that we're seeing HZD2 here as well and that it's aiming for a Q3 2021 release; but I personally don't think it'll make that date, even if they do announce it here.  I can't see how they could realistically pull it off and it is inevitably going to get delayed, no matter what Sony claim.  Guerilla Games has simply been spread too thin over the last couple of years for them to pull off that date.

GT7 is a given, but you don't need insider sources to know that.  Good lord it has been ridiculously overdue for ages now!

Likewise Demon's Souls Remastered is coming from Bluepoint, but again, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this one has been a long time coming anyway.  It's currently the worst kept secret in the industry :p 

The one question I have about Demon Souls is whether it's a launch title. There have been rumours about a PC and PS5 vesion of Bloodborne that includes all of the DLC and is slightly updated relative to the OG PS4 game...If true, I wonder if they'd want the two of them coming out at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

The one question I have about Demon Souls is whether it's a launch title. There have been rumours about a PC and PS5 vesion of Bloodborne that includes all of the DLC and is slightly updated relative to the OG PS4 game...If true, I wonder if they'd want the two of them coming out at the same time.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.  Bluepoint have been developing it ever since they released Shadow of the Colossus PS4 in February 2018.  They've had plenty of time to work on this and even though they haven't had a lot of time to port it from PS4 to PS5; they're pretty efficient at what they do (plus at the end of the day, it's a remaster and not a new game).  It should make the launch day date.

I doubt that they'd let a mildly upgraded Bloodborne port stop them from releasing DS Remastered on launch day (Bloodborne itself will be used as an example of how the PS5 can be used to upgrade existing PS4 games for free anyway).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cookyman said:

I'm hoping that Naughtly Dog have a trailer for their Last of Us 2 Multiplayer game which was going to be released as its own thing if I remember correctly.  If I'm talking shite please all jump in and correct me immediately!

Take cover! - GIF on Imgur

First things first that GIF made me laugh :D

I totally forgot about that when going through my rundown, but yeah, you're right, unless plans have changed that's going to be it's own thing! I felt like that might have been planned for around Halloween or the PS5 launch when that was originally announced as being delayed and separated from the story, but my gut instinct is that it's probably been delayed further, so Probably Not turning up here? 

If it hasn't been delayed further and they still try to get it to launch this year, I honestly still don't see them showing it off here. We're only 8 days from the release of TLOU2 (!), so if Naughty Dog have either this or a new IP to potentially share some details on or announce, I think it'll be best saved for now. That might be at odds with having a PS5 event like this just a week before release, but I'm sure that at least at ND, they just want all eyes and focus on TLOU2. Especially given the outrage over some of the leaks, and that reviews drop tomorrow. 

A weird one to be honest. 

• Like 1

Can you hear it?

It's coming....

The rumble of the Hype Train!

flat_550x550_075_f.u6_300x300.jpg?fit=300%2C213

Edited by Cookyman
  • Thanks 1