Sméagol

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

Recommended Posts

Had no idea that you can't trade with randoms trainers online until you have a paid subscription. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was @Hero-of-Time that said it earlier in the thread, but Silph Co. is still the worst thing in the game and such a slog.

Absolutely horrendous. 

Been in it now for what must be an hour, (i am consciously battling all the trainers) and it is driving me insane. 

Nearly got Staryu up to lv 45 though, so all is not lost. :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It happened again! :D 

 

Are you playing two players by yourself for that to work? Does that grant more Exp? 

Do you plan getting all 150 Pokémon to level 100? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Are you playing two players by yourself for that to work? Does that grant more Exp? 

Do you plan getting all 150 Pokémon to level 100? 

Yeah, you get an extra multiplier bonus for catching in co-op. It's pretty easy to get EXCELLENT throws using both joycons at the same time.

Not sure yet. I've now got around 20 Pokemon at level 100. It's a start. 

I'm sat here in a chain of 88 Chanseys. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the easiest game I've played in decades and you're cheating to make it easier? :cheeky:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shorty said:

So the easiest game I've played in decades and you're cheating to make it easier? :cheeky:

Talk to me when again you're at post game where you have to battle 150 odd trainers that are scattered around the world, in one-on-one battles against Pokemon around level 70-80. Oh, and these battles have to be fought with specific Pokemon ( the ones they are using ).

You can bet your butt I'm going to be using every trick in the book to level Pokemon up quicker.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Talk to me when again you're at post game where you have to battle 150 odd trainers that are scattered around the world, in one-on-one battles against Pokemon around level 70-80. Oh, and these battles have to be fought with specific Pokemon ( the ones they are using ).

You can bet your butt I'm going to be using every trick in the book to level Pokemon up quicker.

That's not difficult, that's just grindy.

Getting to a 50 win streak in Battle Tower, now that's the sign of an actual Pokémon Master.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least I'm glad to hear it has some fights later on that you couldn't just win by setting up one of those perpetual motion bird things to press A for you :p

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's not difficult, that's just grindy.

Getting to a 50 win streak in Battle Tower, now that's the sign of an actual Pokémon Master.

I never said it was difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I never said it was difficult.

Yes, but you were accused of making it easier.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway...during my Chansey chaining I noticed that the capture ring went from orange to green. I asked what this was all about over on Era and Serebii explained that the more you capture and transfer a specific Pokemon then the easier it will become to catch. He thinks hit happens twice. Once at 50 caught/transferred and again at 100 caught/transferred. 

I love this as it's saved me a bunch of cash. Now I can just use a combo of Great and Normal Pokeballs rather than 2 Ultras.

My chain is currently on 111. I can't play something else on the Switch as I don't wanna lose it. :p 

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

Congratulations, you've turned into me!

How does it feel to be an utter loony?

  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyway...during my Chansey chaining I noticed that the capture ring went from orange to green. I asked what this was all about over on Era and Serebii explained that the more you capture and transfer a specific Pokemon then the easier it will become to catch. He thinks hit happens twice. Once at 50 caught/transferred and again at 100 caught/transferred. 

I love this as it's saved me a bunch of cash. Now I can just use a combo of Great and Normal Pokeballs rather than 2 Ultras.

My chain is currently on 111. I can't play something else on the Switch as I don't wanna lose it. :p 

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

Count me in, although I've only just started the game so have nothing of value to trade with🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

I wouldn't mind one please but...

24 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Count me in, although I've only just started the game so have nothing of value to trade with🤔

...same, I only just started as well, last night in fact. :blush:

But let us know what kind of Pokemon you'd like and I'll keep a look out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I wouldn't mind one please but...

...same, I only just started as well, last night in fact. :blush:

But let us know what kind of Pokemon you'd like and I'll keep a look out.

As I mentioned in the trading thread, I'm not that fussed. Any Pokemon you don't want will be fine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

cOkyM8p.jpg

I also can't get enough of hearing "You got 2 great balls!".

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its not smutty (and that seems to be the theme right now) but "Oh!" is just a weird line of dialogue.  Particularly as there's no alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just popping into this thread to say I've caved and got Let's Go Pikachu. I've just stepped into Viridian Forest. Good times. Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

Glad I'm not the only one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Just popping into this thread to say I've caved and got Let's Go Pikachu. I've just stepped into Viridian Forest. Good times. Although playing with a single Joy-Con gives me a bit of a cramp in my wrist after a while.

Same with the Pokeball...cramping my long arse finger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bob said:
8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:
Tell me how, please. Fed up of this. 

Er, you just.....move the screen about? In handheld mode anyway, not sure about docked.

Was hoping it could be done in docked mode too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyway...during my Chansey chaining I noticed that the capture ring went from orange to green. I asked what this was all about over on Era and Serebii explained that the more you capture and transfer a specific Pokemon then the easier it will become to catch. He thinks hit happens twice. Once at 50 caught/transferred and again at 100 caught/transferred. 

I love this as it's saved me a bunch of cash. Now I can just use a combo of Great and Normal Pokeballs rather than 2 Ultras.

My chain is currently on 111. I can't play something else on the Switch as I don't wanna lose it. :p 

If anyone wants a near perfect Chansey ( 4 or 5 stats at BEST rating ) then just let me know as I have a few of them. :D 

Nice! I chained to over 100 for Zubat in Mt Moon...No shiny, but all the last 20 had amazing stats. 

I love this game for the ease of farming pokemon and then trying them out in wifi battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now