Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Recommended Posts

Just now, markderoos said:

That sucks... Wish there was a way to gift them :(

I'll just have to wait for them to roll out later on, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll just have to wait for them to roll out later on, I suppose.

Can’t @Dcubed or @Ugh first aid temporarily log into your NNID on one of their systems to get them for you or is that impossible?

Might be a bit of a hassle though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markderoos said:

Can’t @Dcubed or @Ugh first aid temporarily log into your NNID on one of their systems to get them for you or is that impossible?

Might be a bit of a hassle though...

Honestly, I'd rather do it myself. Once they become part of the normal rotation, it should be easy for me to find them, thanks to the fact I have all the other spirits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36199-supersmashbrosultimatebrawltournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a Brawl themed tournament, starting this Friday

Starting on Friday April 10th, 2020 the tournament will have a theme based on which first-time characters appeared in Brawl plus items, stages and a reflective ruleset.

This tournament will last for three days but the biggest question is... Will the omelette prevail? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36205-supersmashbrosultimatescrewattacktournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Screw Attack tournament is now live

The latest tournament started yesterday, revolves around the famous screw attack and will be live for three days.

Will anyone be screwing around in this tournament? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36212-supersmashbrosultimatespiritsofmanaeventbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event titled 'The Spirits of Mana' launches today

The latest spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has just gone live, titled 'The Spirits of Mana' the event focuses on characters from the new release of Trials of Mana.

This event will run for five days, giving you ample time to add any number of these heroes to your spirits collection, after which time they will appear in regular rotation.

A pretty nice way to commemorate the release of this remake as it seems like quite a low-key title for some reason?

I still need to play the original as part of the Collection of Mana but maybe I'll pike the remake up later on down the line. :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36219-supersmashbrosultimatedkvskirbytournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Donkey Kong vs Kirby tournament is now live

The latest tournament in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which went live today, lets you choose characters from either the Donkey Kong game or Kirby.

You'll be able to duke it out for the next three days until the event ends.

(Kirby probably wins the N-Europe vote by default though... because Rick!) :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve encountered what appears to be a bug where images of Spirits I’ve collected have been replaced with the Smash Bros logo....

This looks to have happened with all the additional spirits added (I.e., from Link’s Awakening onwards).  Has anyone else encounters the same problem or know how to fix it?  I’ve only found one other reported online and they cleared their system cache.  I tried this and it didn’t solve the problem.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I’ve encountered what appears to be a bug where images of Spirits I’ve collected have been replaced with the Smash Bros logo....

This looks to have happened with all the additional spirits added (I.e., from Link’s Awakening onwards).  Has anyone else encounters the same problem or know how to fix it?  I’ve only found one other reported online and they cleared their system cache.  I tried this and it didn’t solve the problem.

If it's just the spirits that were added post launch that's having this problem, it might be an issue with your SD card.

Just a random guess, mind.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36238-supersmashbrosultimatezeldatournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a Zelda themed tournament, starting this Friday

The latest tournament in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which goes live in a couple of days, lets you choose characters from The Legend of Zelda series.

You'll be able to battle it out in the ultimate showdown of good versus evil for three days until the event ends.

Courage, Wisdom, or Power... which will you choose? :smile:

(I'd say that "Wisdom" would be my choice but like all the other tournaments I'll likely forget that it's on... maybe this will be the one I'll partake in though) :peace:

Also, as cool as it is that Nintendo hosts these tournaments every week, I'm wondering how much longer they will continue for?

A while yet probably, I look forward to seeing what other themes they will come up with anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36247-supersmashbrosultimatetournamentn64banner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event themed around the N64 launches this Friday

Will be live this Friday, themed around the Nintendo 64, the event focuses on characters which featured in N64 games.

This event will run for five days, giving you a decent amount of time to add some more spirits to your collection, after which time they will appear in regular rotation.

Once again, Nintendo have outdone themselves with the promotional art for this one, I always liked the Japanese N64 console packaging. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36255-supersmashbrosultimatetournament200xbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is currently hosting a 200X themed tournament, ending after the weekend

The latest tournament in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate titled "200X" went live on Friday 12th June, 2020, and lets you choose any character which was newly introduced to the series during that decade, fighting battles which you'll be able to partake in until the event ends after this weekend.

It's interesting, looking back to which characters were added to the roster during that decade, how much of a big deal it was at the time and how all of these additions have changed the series since, for the better, offering up Smash as a platform not just for staple Nintendo characters, but a whole host of third-parties as well.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, as it stands now, is a phenomenal achievement in just how many different franchises and games from the industry it plays host to. :smile:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed opportunity for Mega Man. I suppose he's actually from 20XX, but the point stands.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is such a weird announcement. All sorts of contradictory points for a lot of ARMS characters.

Like, if it's Spring Man, why bother being so secretive about it? And also, he's already an Assist Trophy, how's that going to work?
Quite a few of the popular characters from that game are already spirits as well, that's gonna be weird when you finish Classic Mode with them, are you going to get another spirit that's the same JPEG as one you've already got?

I don't think the rest are noteworthy enough to be the first ARMS representative in Smash.

Some people are saying it'll be 8 different characters, kinda like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, which is fine in theory, but it'd be weird to leave Spring Man out of that batch. And Twintelle doesn't even fight with her arms, so she'd need different animations compared to the others. It doesn't work quite as well as the Bowser Jr. situation.

I honestly have no clue how this is going to go down. I hope it's Spring Man though, not because I particularly like him the most, but because the assist trophy blockage needs to be destroyed so I have another hope of Dillon getting in. Gotta keep that dream alive! (And also, I'd get 2 points in the prediction thread)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Some people are saying it'll be 8 different characters, kinda like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, which is fine in theory, but it'd be weird to leave Spring Man out of that batch. And Twintelle doesn't even fight with her arms, so she'd need different animations compared to the others. It doesn't work quite as well as the Bowser Jr. situation.

By "others", he means me BTW.

And I'm still sticking by my prediction.  Everyone Is Here (Except for Spring Man; who is getting Chrom'd to hell and back)

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

By "others", he means me BTW.

And I'm still sticking by my prediction.  Everyone Is Here (Except for Spring Man; who is getting Chrom'd to hell and back)

Not just you. Geez, think of yourself much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not just you. Geez, think of yourself much?

Nope; I'm thinking of everyone! (Except Spring Man)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we will get a surprise reveal for ARMS 2, with a new protagonist who will then join Smash. :grin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh well 

Edited by Helmsly
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's both hilarious and sad that Ninty need to point that out.

That's Smash for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

 And Twintelle doesn't even fight with her arms, so she'd need different animations compared to the others.

 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

By "others", he means me BTW.

Huh!? :eek:

  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This is such a weird announcement. All sorts of contradictory points for a lot of ARMS characters.

Like, if it's Spring Man, why bother being so secretive about it? And also, he's already an Assist Trophy, how's that going to work?
Quite a few of the popular characters from that game are already spirits as well, that's gonna be weird when you finish Classic Mode with them, are you going to get another spirit that's the same JPEG as one you've already got?

I don't think the rest are noteworthy enough to be the first ARMS representative in Smash.

Some people are saying it'll be 8 different characters, kinda like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, which is fine in theory, but it'd be weird to leave Spring Man out of that batch. And Twintelle doesn't even fight with her arms, so she'd need different animations compared to the others. It doesn't work quite as well as the Bowser Jr. situation.

I honestly have no clue how this is going to go down. I hope it's Spring Man though, not because I particularly like him the most, but because the assist trophy blockage needs to be destroyed so I have another hope of Dillon getting in. Gotta keep that dream alive! (And also, I'd get 2 points in the prediction thread)

They could just remove the Springman assist trophy. I hope it's him too, way more iconic than any of the others.

Watch ResetEra explode when they announce a character and it isn't the Twintelle, especially given recent events. I'll get the popcorn ready.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's both hilarious and sad that Ninty need to point that out.

That's Smash for you.

These days, knowing the gaming community, managing expectations is pretty important. But yeah, very funny how matter of factly it was stated lol

Edited by Ronnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites