Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ike said:

The Zancian being caught in a Pokeball doesn't mean it's hacked, the fact they traded it means it's hacked.

 

29 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

This guy gets it.

You’d think these hackers would also be able to hack the bloody Rusted Sword! :hehe: Like I said, I’ve traded many Zacian on HOME, and not one of them has had that item with it. Oh well, just having it in a regular Poké Ball will have to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the potential Wailord shiny only available in the Isle of Armor dens or can it also be in the Wild Area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedShell said:

You’d think these hackers would also be able to hack the bloody Rusted Sword! :hehe:

Hmmm... I'm not certain on this, but maybe you can't put the Rusted Sword/Shield into HOME?

No idea why, but it has happened with other similar items that change a legendary Pokemon's form before in the past.

@Rob3008, any den can have it. Just gotta keep trying. It is a 2% chance of appearing, after all.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Hmmm... I'm not certain on this, but maybe you can't put the Rusted Sword/Shield into HOME?

No idea why, but it has happened with other similar items that change a legendary Pokemon's form before in the past.

I can confirm, after putting my Zacian and Zamazenta in Home both rusted items were in my bag. Had to re-equip them upon loading both back into my Sword file

Edited by markderoos
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an interesting set of event Pokemon currently available through Mystery Gift.

Porygon2 - PKMN PLAY ERSC UP

Gastrodon - PJCS 2019 CHAM P

What makes these interesting is that they are ready to battle competitively. They are fully EV trained, have IV's in all the right places (Including 0 IV's in Speed) and have great movesets and items for double battles.

Act quickly though, the Gastrodon will be gone before tomorrow. The Porygon2 will stick around a bit longer.

Because of the tight time limit, I'm gonna mention a few competitively inclined people, such as @RedShell, @Ike, @markderoos 

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might as well get those two Pokémon to add to however many I have in-game, which probably isn't that many as I didn't get very far.

It has been nearly seven months since I last played Pokémon Sword, maybe it's time to give it another go inbetween other games. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Porygon2 only had 2 perfect IVs, but they will come in handy. Thanks for the heads up.

Apparently all my boxes are ful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got both the Gastrodon and Porygon 2, thanks. :)

Also, I didn't check the Pokémon (I just confirmed that they were both in box 2) but I did check my progress...

Play Time - 10:44

Pokédex - 44

Location - Motostoke City (no gyms/challenges beaten)

It's probably about time I made a bit of progress in the game. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

There's an interesting set of event Pokemon currently available through Mystery Gift.

Porygon2 - PKMN PLAY ERSC UP

Gastrodon - PJCS 2019 CHAM P

What makes these interesting is that they are ready to battle competitively. They are fully EV trained, have IV's in all the right places (Including 0 IV's in Speed) and have great movesets and items for double battles.

Act quickly though, the Gastrodon will be gone before tomorrow. The Porygon2 will stick around a bit longer.

Because of the tight time limit, I'm gonna mention a few competitively inclined people, such as @RedShell, @Ike, @markderoos 

Damnit I didn’t think there would be a weird deadline timewise (15:00) today for that Gastrodon :(

oh well, at least the Porygon2 was still available...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markderoos said:

Damnit I didn’t think there would be a weird deadline timewise (15:00) today for that Gastrodon :(

oh well, at least the Porygon2 was still available...

It was a Japanese event so it must have ended at midnight for Japan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ike said:

It was a Japanese event so it must have ended at midnight for Japan. 

Yep, what baffles me is that it only got released yesterday, which means there was a one day deadline. With barely any warning beforehand.

It was incredibly harsh. Luckily, @Dcubed caught wind of it and made me aware of it.

At least the Porygon2 is a great Trick Room setter. If you're making one of those teams, you can't go too wrong with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Pokemon Home has or is getting a new update which detects hacked Pokemon better.

Tbh I've never understood why the hack-checking and people getting banned seems so arbitrary in the first place. A Pokemon either has a valid moveset/catch location/etc or it doesn't.

Surely with Nintendo's resources each Pokemon could have a whitelist for movesets/catch locations/etc. They already have this information to some degree otherwise nothing would spawn in-game and your Pokemon wouldn't learn anything when they level up or know what TMs they can learn etc.

Just a check on those things whenever a Pokemon is moved/the summary screen is opened/etc and turn the Pokemon into a level 1 Ditto or something. Run the same check on the server whenever someone attempts to put a Pokemon on the GTS/Home/or put up for trade, don't allow it.

The only thing I can think of is that creating the database for valid stuff might be a time consuming task even with the data they already have. Maybe that's actually it, and I've answered my own question. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sckewi said:

Surely with Nintendo's resources each Pokemon could have a whitelist for movesets/catch locations/etc. They already have this information to some degree otherwise nothing would spawn in-game and your Pokemon wouldn't learn anything when they level up or know what TMs they can learn etc.

The mainline games already do. You try bringing an Articuno that knows Flamethrower to an online battle and you're going to land yourself in trouble.

My guess is that the Pokémon HOME update is doing the same for all the Pokémon that aren't in Sword/Shield or just bringing the app to the same standard.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update tomorrow at 14:00 BST regarding the upcoming expansion:

 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.. 5 minutes left. Think we'll get anything but a date and a trailer showcasing the new areas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

So.. 5 minutes left. Think we'll get anything but a date and a trailer showcasing the new areas?

That's all I'm expecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-36347-pokemonswordshieldexpansionpassupdatesroundupbanner.jpg

Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass Updates Roundup

All up on the main site.

Full press release and video embed.

Good news for anyone who has been awaiting the second part of the DLC.

Personally, I don't know if I'll finish the main game at this point, therefore the very idea of DLC is a bit superfluous. :p

I'm glad for everyone who enjoys playing the game(s) though. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, you can only use use rental Pokemon Dynamax Adventures.

Waiting for a Melmetal event paid off. :heh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

It's basically just a legendary Pokemon fest.

Yeah...we need a Legendary Pokémon Battle Royale.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites