N-Europe

Switch eShop Thread

Londragon

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek32.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 32)

The thirty-second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Cube for some of the recently posted articles, which include...

Also, check out the Features section of the website where you will find many of Dean's excellent "All N64 Games" articles which he is regularly uploading to the main site, there are plenty to see and plenty more to come until the main site catches up with the forum thread and Dean's own website as well.

Thanks to @Cube for featuring his reviews on N-Europe, and to @Shorty for helping to make it all happen, including adding the excellent N64 icon to the console list.

See you next week! :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I thought The Hokkaido Serial Murder Case: The Okhotsk Disappearance ~Memories in Ice, Tearful Figurine~ was some sort of Famicom Detective ripoff but it's the visual novel Yuji Horii wrote! I had no idea that was getting a remake let alone an English version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I thought The Hokkaido Serial Murder Case: The Okhotsk Disappearance ~Memories in Ice, Tearful Figurine~ was some sort of Famicom Detective ripoff but it's the visual novel Yuji Horii wrote! I had no idea that was getting a remake let alone an English version.

Nice one. Had to look it up as it doesn't ring any bells. Wish listed.

On 8/12/2024 at 4:02 AM, S.C.G said:

Thanks to @Cube for featuring his reviews on N-Europe, and to @Shorty for helping to make it all happen, including adding the excellent N64 icon to the console list.

All credit goes to Cube for that sweet retro 3D N, I just clicked some buttons :bowdown:

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek33.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 33)

The thirty-third week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Check out the Features section of the website where you will find all of Dean's excellent "All N64 Games" articles which are currently being uploaded daily to the main site.

Mega Game Trials for four games, which include the full game, have been announced as being available from now through Sunday 25th August for NSO members; the games are Tetris Effect: Connected, PowerWash Simulator, Enter The Gungeon and Cassette Beasts. 

Pretty neat!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3

Cassette Beasts is the only one out of those that I'm interested in but I've heard it runs like garbage on the Switch and so will probably just give it a miss. Saying that, I haven't checked the state of it in a while and so it may have been improved since launch.

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Mega Game Trials for four games, which include the full game, have been announced as being available from now through Sunday 25th August for NSO members; the games are Tetris Effect: Connected, PowerWash Simulator, Enter The Gungeon and Cassette Beasts. 

@darksnowman I see each of these offer 100 platinum coins each just to load them up. Guess I'll be downloading them after all. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's good variety with these—I'm impressed it isn't just four Mario games. Looking at the Powerwash Simulator page, it has some pretty cool looking DLC.

I'd just knocked a pair of games off the old backlog but whatever's next will have to be put on hold for a week now. :D 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@darksnowman I see each of these offer 100 platinum coins each just to load them up. Guess I'll be downloading them after all. :D

Was just coming to say. Gonna give the Bakeru demo a go while they download. I'll even fire Enter the Gungeon back up for the 100.

Cassette Beasts has received various updates, some of which were for performance. So it might be all right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Cassette Beasts has received various updates, some of which were for performance. So it might be all right now. 

Loading is a tad long when it's loading up the overworld. Thankfully, not when exiting a battle.

Other then that, it's solid. Can't notice much in the way of frame rate drops.

Edited by Glen-i

PowerWash Simulator is an instant guilty pleasure. Why did I jump on top of that blue van and hose it until it came up gleaming? What compelled me to start straight into the boggin backyard? Don't know but I'll be back at it.

With all the DLC it has (some free!), it's ripe for a Splatoon crossover for you to go in and hose down stages between Turf Wars face-offs.

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Loading is a tad long when it's loading up the overworld. Thankfully, not when exiting a battle.

Other then that, it's solid. Can't notice much in the way of frame rate drops.

I was glad to see Cassette Beasts is less than 1GB. Makes me think they have some sort of idea about optimisation. 

A game would have to be in a sorry state before I pipe up about frame rate and that kind of performance issue. Load times, I think a lot of games could do better with so I hope it doesn't break the gameplay up too much.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:57 AM, darksnowman said:

PowerWash Simulator is an instant guilty pleasure. Why did I jump on top of that blue van and hose it until it came up gleaming? What compelled me to start straight into the boggin backyard? Don't know but I'll be back at it.

With all the DLC it has (some free!), it's ripe for a Splatoon crossover for you to go in and hose down stages between Turf Wars face-offs.

Thanks for the heads-up on some of the DLC being free, I went through the Final Fantasy 7 DLC today which was nice.

It's a weirdly relaxing experience to play this game, especially while listening to a podcast or something. I'll buy the full game before the sale ends

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek34.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 34)

The thirty-fourth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Thanks for the heads-up on some of the DLC being free, I went through the Final Fantasy 7 DLC today which was nice.

It's a weirdly relaxing experience to play this game, especially while listening to a podcast or something. I'll buy the full game before the sale ends

Agree with you about it being strangely relaxing. It was a game I thought I'd put on for less than a minute and be done with but that wasn't the case as I went through some of the career mode. I like how you can check your progress with each individual object/ part to be cleaned. When I realised it's generous enough about counting something as done (thought you'd have to pixel-hunt the last specks of dirt), it became quite soothing to go back to during the trial period. Won't be buying it right away, but it's definitely one I'll keep in mind whereas without the trial I would never have considered it.

I was excited to do the Santa's Workshop DLC stage. Then when I pressed right on the d-pad to highlight everything to be cleaned and the entire screen lit up...

Light GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Very much something to zone out with over a number of sessions.

• Haha 1