NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

Return it, say the disk doesn't even start.... Shouldn't be a problem if you haven't used any codes that came with it.

Otherwise buy a new copy from somewhere with good customer service, swap the disk and return it.

And please people, stop giving GAME your business.

Just a heads up to PC players, I'm on that format as well now. I'll likely not be as good though as mouse and keyboard controls are still alien to me, but if you feel like it, let me know.

Got this for Xmas (I did ask for it), but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Soon...

Ok so update. I have now changed the disc with Game installed the update AGAIN and exactly the same thing is happening. GGGRRRRRR! Surely I can't be the only person this is happening to?

Ok so update. I have now changed the disc with Game installed the update AGAIN and exactly the same thing is happening. GGGRRRRRR! Surely I can't be the only person this is happening to?

Have you tried deleting Overwatch completely from the PS4 and then reinstalling it again?

Sorry if you had, couldn't work out if that's what you meant or not.

Did the issue exist before your HDD upgrade? What did you upgrade to?

Tbh I can't imagine player models are loaded from the blu-ray on the fly but it's weird that you don't have issues with any other games.

Installed it either side of the hdd install. It has now been installed and deleted on 4 separate occasions using two different discs. I can now get into the training mode, but when my son logs on he can't? it just sits there on the loading screen for minutes on end. When you try and enter an online match it takes an age to get into a game and when it finally does, the character does not have a gun? and it lags all over the place.

Every other game runs without an issue.

Have you tried the Blizzard forums or support contact? I expect theres only so much people on here can do to help.

Godammit! First free time i've had since Christmas to sit down and play this, and there's a 13GB update to download! Going to take most of my evening!

Well that's to be expected, if unfortunate in your case. After all it's a game that releases free content, maps, heroes etc throughout its lifespan and it doesn't make sense to reprint disks with that extra data.

Yeah, I have no issues with the size of the patch, just annoyed at myself for not downloading it sooner.

So I finally played this game. Fuck it's confusing.

There's so much shit going on - god knows how you're supposed to keep track of it all.

Played a few practice matches against AI, found I really like the gorilla. He's quite cool. And the sniper woman. Didn't really get the rastafarian with the bubble gun though - his healing didn't really seem to do much, although after the match it said i'd done like 1.5k worth of healing?? No idea.

Apologies to @Rummy, that's the first time i've ever done party chat, and i don't have a microphone. Didn't mean to appear so rude. Still, it was nice to hear you nattering with your cockney friend.

Lucio has an Area of Effect heal, so he just heals people by being near them. So he can heal the whole team at the same time as opposed to the other healers who target heal.

Overwatch is a bit overwhelming to get used to because of the breadth of characters but you'll get used to it in not time.

There's so much shit going on - god knows how you're supposed to keep track of it all.

Played a few practice matches against AI, found I really like the gorilla. He's quite cool. And the sniper woman. Didn't really get the rastafarian with the bubble gun though - his healing didn't really seem to do much, although after the match it said i'd done like 1.5k worth of healing?? No idea.

Apologies to @Rummy , that's the first time i've ever done party chat, and i don't have a microphone. Didn't mean to appear so rude. Still, it was nice to hear you nattering with your cockney friend.

The console comes with a microphone still right? Dig it out, looks like a mobile phone headphone with inline mic. Nobody believes "I don't have a mic" or "my mic is broken" claims :p *cough* @Eenuh *cough* @drahkon

Don't worry too much about figuring everything out. You will absorb it all pretty quickly without trying.

Lucio is great, his AoE ability is always on and you can switch it between speed and healing, then you can buff it for a few seconds with the ability button to deal out a lot of healing to several people at once (and yourself). His wallride and mobility are key to the character as well as they make him very hard to hit. His left trigger (boop) doesn't do much damage but hits lots of targets, good for pushing people off ledges or finishing off very low health opponents.

The console comes with a microphone still right? Dig it out, looks like a mobile phone headphone with inline mic. Nobody believes "I don't have a mic" or "my mic is broken" claims :p *cough* @Eenuh *cough* @drahkon

Don't worry too much about figuring everything out. You will absorb it all pretty quickly without trying.

Lucio is great, his AoE ability is always on and you can switch it between speed and healing, then you can buff it for a few seconds with the ability button to deal out a lot of healing to several people at once (and yourself). His wallride and mobility are key to the character as well as they make him very hard to hit. His left trigger (boop) doesn't do much damage but hits lots of targets, good for pushing people off ledges or finishing off very low health opponents.

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember a PS themed pair of headphones lying around. I'll try and find out where they went.

She has actually used the microphone before for Battlefront, but it's in a box somewhere and has been there for a while due to the move. She probably was being genuine and not an anti-social fuck. :heh:

I'd advocate using that microphone. It's not bad at all and I've not upgraded since receiving my PS4.

Also, I'm going to get into Overwatch this week as I feel I need a new shooter in my life.

Speaking of anti-social, why haven't you joined N-E on this game yet @Fierce_LiNk ??

Haha. :D

Being busy, mainly. Also, I just haven't been in the mood to do any multiplayer-ing lately. I've preferred to just play through some of my single player games (Bioshock collection, Beyond, Rise of the Tomb Raider), but hopefully I'll get on board with this soon.

I'll need a few days to get into it as it looks fucking manic.

It's honestly not that crazy. There's a lot going on but there's only six opponents and one goal. Complexity drops if you pick an attack player because you have to worry less about your teammates. When you start you're matched against other people who have never played before so there's zero pressure. There's a lot of moves to learn but as I mentioned before, you absorb them all over time and quickly find and master your favourites.

Apologies to @Rummy, that's the first time i've ever done party chat, and i don't have a microphone. Didn't mean to appear so rude. Still, it was nice to hear you nattering with your cockney friend.

Haha, that's Marcamillian but we're not cockneys, though its eems to be a recurring theme of my life atm. Apologies for any shit we were rambling about!

I did see you online when I went on but saw you were only level 2 or so so didn't join you at the time - didn't want to either be rinsing your opposition or bringing you into matches with a harder matchup. For both yourself and @Fierce_LiNk I'd say play a little bit in QP until maybe level 5-10ish(won't take long) and just get used to the game and various characters for a bit (I'd encourage mixing up/avoiding a specific main or two) then think about joining up with a few of us for matches etc.

A good alternative after the level 5-10 mark might even be the arcade mode for Mystery Heroes - it won't get you used to ults as they don't often make full charge but essentially every time you die you come back as a random character; possibly helping get used to ones you wouldn't otherwise pick. Once you're aware of what everyone does(either by coming up against them or playing them) you'll be in a much better position than you feel right now, and it really won't take you all that long either.

Haha, that's Marcamillian but we're not cockneys, though its eems to be a recurring theme of my life atm. Apologies for any shit we were rambling about!

I did see you online when I went on but saw you were only level 2 or so so didn't join you at the time - didn't want to either be rinsing your opposition or bringing you into matches with a harder matchup. For both yourself and @Fierce_LiNk I'd say play a little bit in QP until maybe level 5-10ish(won't take long) and just get used to the game and various characters for a bit (I'd encourage mixing up/avoiding a specific main or two) then think about joining up with a few of us for matches etc.

A good alternative after the level 5-10 mark might even be the arcade mode for Mystery Heroes - it won't get you used to ults as they don't often make full charge but essentially every time you die you come back as a random character; possibly helping get used to ones you wouldn't otherwise pick. Once you're aware of what everyone does(either by coming up against them or playing them) you'll be in a much better position than you feel right now, and it really won't take you all that long either.

The Mystery heroes sounds like a good mode - I actually like cycling through all characters in games like these rather than having a main, so that should be grand.

Well....finally broke down and bought it on sale on PSN.

My thoughts can be summed up thusly.

I miss Team Fortress 2.

I finally decided to play the game yesterday and realised that I had to download an update. For some reason, it took close to an hour to download, so I played some casual FIFA in the meantime. Didn't get around to playing this until about 11:30pm.

It's pretty addictive and good fun. I haven't found my main yet, but I quite like Bastion and Reinhardt. Seemed to do ok with Reaper, too.

Going to need to practise a bit more before I play online with you guys.

I played a bit of this yesterday with Gmac, Rowan, my nephew and lostmario. Shiekah and Shorty also jumped in with us for a game or two.

I quite enjoyed it. I never bothered playing as any of the offensive types and was happy to just play a supporting role and run around the map healing/reviving people as Mercy. We had some really good games, especially yesterday evening.

@Cookyman did you want to join us last night? You kept jumping in and out of the party without saying a word.

I'm quite tempted to go pick up the full game during my lunch break. Hmm...