N-Europe

Kirby Planet Robobot

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Kirby Amiibo range is ridiculous.

As has been said before, there's practically no difference to the Smash ones, WaddleDee is the only new character.

Why not just have one new Kirby amiibo like with ChibiRobo and make it Kirby in his mech suit. Something actually game relevant.

Yep, ridiculous isn't it. Especially with Star Fox out too and that could have a range of new amiibo with wolf team and slippy/peppy...

• 1 month later...
Would you say this or Triple Deluxe is the better game?

I'd say that Planet Robobot is better ultimately but only because it refines the template set out by Triple Deluxe... like I said in the review though, Best Kirby Game 2.0 for me. :heh:

I do enjoy how much the mech sections add to the gameplay though, really sets it apart from other titles in the series. : peace:

It feels as if there's more content this time as well, not that it was a problem for TD but PR just has the edge on it, Im not going to spoil anything but there's plenty to explore, collect and unlock. :wink:

Plus the road to obtaining it all is just sublime. :smile:

It does feel good to be able to talk about it suddenly but I'm not going to say much more than this as I don't want to risk spoiling anything.

From what I hear, this game basically solves all the problems I had with Triple Deluxe (long, unskippable cutscenes and parts where the game's pace is dragged down), so we could be looking at something to rival Return to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii and Kirby Superstar/Superstar Ultra! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Shopto dispatched my copy earlier today. Weird, it may arrive super early or might be held until June 10th.

Edit: It arrived this morning.

Whoa! :o Nice to hear ShopTo are getting back to their old tricks. Might have to start ordering from them again. ;)

Anyway, looking forward to getting my copy, hopefully sometime this week. :)

Like Jimbob I got my copy on Saturday. I'm nearly finished the game ( on the final world ) and while I have enjoyed what i've played so far ( it's a Kirby game so it's always gonna be fun ) I think that Triple Deluxe is the better game.

Some of the Robot transformations are amazing though. I often come across new enemies and ditch the power up I have purely to see what the robot will turn into next. :D

The cube collectibles are pretty easy to find. I'm only missing one so far. It's somewhere on the 5th world and I can't for the life of me find it! However, the Golden Stickers are taking some finding. I'm still missing quite a few of those.

The story is pretty basic but the enemies being turned into robot versions of themselves reminds me of the classic Power Rangers series when the Machine Empire invaded. :grin:

Like Jimbob I got my copy on Saturday. I'm nearly finished the game ( on the final world ) and while I have enjoyed what i've played so far ( it's a Kirby game so it's always gonna be fun ) I think that Triple Deluxe is the better game.

Some of the Robot transformations are amazing though. I often come across new enemies and ditch the power up I have purely to see what the robot will turn into next. :D

The cube collectibles are pretty easy to find. I'm only missing one so far. It's somewhere on the 5th world and I can't for the life of me find it! However, the Golden Stickers are taking some finding. I'm still missing quite a few of those.

The story is pretty basic but the enemies being turned into robot versions of themselves reminds me of the classic Power Rangers series when the Machine Empire invaded. :grin:

Interesting.

There much in it between this and Triple Deluxe for you then, or is it just minor stuff?

Interesting.

There much in it between this and Triple Deluxe for you then, or is it just minor stuff?

Just minor stuff really.

For me, Triple Deluxe is an amazing game and one of the best Kirby games ever made. It would take something really special to topple that from its pedestal. I may have felt differently had the release of TD and PR had been reversed but as it stands, TD is the winner.

[tweet]740864157818490880[/tweet]

Never been a huge Kirby fan, but I've been trying to get into the games and thought this was a good way to start.

Very nice. The game is pretty good, i'm still playing through it collecting things.

Really tempted to jump into this.

It'd be my first Kirby game.

1a1.jpg

Wow, not one? Genuinely surprised about that.

You need to fix that. Whether it's this game or another one. Try Kirby out.

They're not particularly lengthy games.

Just minor stuff really.

For me, Triple Deluxe is an amazing game and one of the best Kirby games ever made. It would take something really special to topple that from its pedestal. I may have felt differently had the release of TD and PR had been reversed but as it stands, TD is the winner.

I haven't played Triple Deluxe yet, I was worried if I played this first Triple Deluxe would seem pretty naff so was going to go chronological. Do you think it wouldn't matter?