N-Europe

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Hero-of-Time

Finally, they admit it!

Hopefully it's sorted soon. It forced me to update to the new version today.

Totally agree with @Hero\-of\-Time. There's no way that the bonuses being missing could be just a bug. If it was, it'd have never made it through testing. That's if they do any sort of testing!

This should do it, if you scroll down it says it's legit, I'm not sure how much of that is true but apk mirror are pretty reliable.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-31-0-release/pokemon-go-0-31-0-2-android-apk-download/

It's all cloud based so you can log onto any device and everything will be as it was.

Thanks I'll give that a little look over now. I know there was an article previously on Kotaku or so that said about knowing if you had the dodgy one cos it would have permissions that the normal one didn't - just don't know if there's any new risks with the APKs that I wouldn't be able to see so easily.

I hatched my first egg today, at level 9. I swear the GPS thing on my app is broken. I walked about 2km the there night and it registered about 0.2 of it. Oh well, caught a couple of new species today, and harvested the pokestops in Jephson Gardens.

I hatched my first egg today, at level 9. I swear the GPS thing on my app is broken. I walked about 2km the there night and it registered about 0.2 of it. Oh well, caught a couple of new species today, and harvested the pokestops in Jephson Gardens.

I've heard lots of dodgy GPS and walking stories. From what I remember it takes a reading every 60 seconds or similar and then just does it from line of sight. So you could walk further than the game registers.

Also speed of movement is a factor, moving at anything above 20mph or so doesn't register.

It checks you every 90 seconds I think, then measures how far you've gone and how long it took you to move that far.

So move too fast between checks, counts nothing. Walk zig zag, only counts the distance between two points.

I've heard lots of dodgy GPS and walking stories. From what I remember it takes a reading every 60 seconds or similar and then just does it from line of sight. So you could walk further than the game registers.

Also speed of movement is a factor, moving at anything above 20mph or so doesn't register.

It's a lot less than 20, not sure exactly but I average about 17mph on my bike and the egg hatching distance didn't move at all.

I think the problem with mine (due to the crapness of my phone) is that it'll lose my position for a few minutes, and then try to catch me up when it regains GPS signal. It then calculates this leap forward must have happened at an enormous speed, and discounts it.

Anyway, i've only had one Pokemon run since the update, and caught pretty much everything else with 1-3 pokeballs, so i'm not sure about any perceived difficulty rises.

I think the problem with mine (due to the crapness of my phone) is that it'll lose my position for a few minutes, and then try to catch me up when it regains GPS signal. It then calculates this leap forward must have happened at an enormous speed, and discounts it.

That's not quite it, it checks where you are at 0. Then it checks where you are again at 90 seconds. Measures the distance and works out the speed against the interval time. Gives you no progress if you were "moving" over about 10kph.

So, even if you had no gps at the moment of one check, it shouldn't matter, as long as next time it checks in you haven't covered a distance in less time than you should have.

If you did move too fast and it skipped several checkpoints, you could lose a lot of progress. And bad gps will also cost you if you are turning a lot of corners, or doubling back on yourself.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's going on then. Either way, dem eggs aren't hatching as fast as they should be.

I've been having issues with eggs too. Had a bunch that got stuck on 0.2km for hours a couple of days ago despite me moving around the city at my usual pace.

In my experience, the hatching tracker has always been wonky. Sometimes it tracks on the bus, other times it'll not track for ages and then suddenly everything is all hatching unexpectedly.

Latest update:

- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. - - - Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.

- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw

- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.

- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.

- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.

- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.

- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.

- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.

- Minor text fixes

Nice update and lots of decent changes coming up. I can definitely get behind that new tracking method, hopefully their next focus is players in rural areas without many Stops to hit up...

Edited by Guy

Here is a gif and some details about the tracking system they are testing, courtesy of Gaf.

n7ipj57.gif

Whoa! My Nearby section just changed. It will show the closest Pokestop if a pokemon is near there now.

CpYv4CaVUAApek9.jpg

When you press a pokemon and click view, it zooms out and takes you to this overview map now. The pokemon is in the pink circle I'm guessing?

CpYwfSIUsAEkw8A.jpg

Pressing on a pokemon under "Sightings" gives a generic message now. Wonder if they'll provide some sort of tracking for that.

CpYxgS2UsAEwYmX.jpg

Selecting the pokemon to track will also put an actual marker on your live map.

CpY0DQOUMAA9AzK.jpg

Thankfully if a pokemon you're tracking despawns, you get this message.CpY05IWVMAQYEsF.jpg

Pokestops themselves emit a pulse. So I imagine any pokemon you're currently tracking will be inside that pulse.

CpY9u5YUMAApy3r.jpg