N-Europe

N-Box (Loot Crate-like thing)

Cube

Im always tempted by all these various loot boxes that have been turning up lately but you watch the videos on Youtube of being unboxing them and its pretty much always just a load of stuff that I would never buy on its own or memorabilia stuff that I'll think was cool for the first 10 minutes then it would go in a drawer and never come back out. The only one that I've really thought about subscribing to was that retro loot box that sends you actual retro games each month.

The Hut Group's Z-Boxes are actually pretty good. So to have a Nintendo themed one, with the official brand behind it, should turn out quite good. Does show that there's no denying who's actually running The Official Nintendo Store now though!

Im always tempted by all these various loot boxes that have been turning up lately but you watch the videos on Youtube of being unboxing them and its pretty much always just a load of stuff that I would never buy on its own or memorabilia stuff that I'll think was cool for the first 10 minutes then it would go in a drawer and never come back out. The only one that I've really thought about subscribing to was that retro loot box that sends you actual retro games each month.

That retro loot box basically went bust...they stopped delivering outside of UK and now they just sell retro games on their site.

I always like the "idea" of these boxes, but in practice, they never fail to disappoint. You can count on those boxes being filled with 99.5% rubbish.

I've taken a look at the last few loot crates to have them set an example, and there were I think 2 vinyl toys I'd keep (No, not vinyl pops, I hate those things).

This being guarenteed to be 100% filled with Nintendo stuff, increases the chances of containing stuff I'd like, but only marginally so.. These boxes are usually filled with merch they can't get rid of. Buttons, miniposters, single comics.. Those aren't stuff I'm interested in, and it's usually cheaper to get the vinyl figures and pluches (the only potentially interesting stuff for me personally) directly.

The only thing that remains is the element of surprise, and it can be enjoyable to simply find out which crap you got in the box (which you'll be trying to trade or sell later), but I would't pay the price they're going to ask for it, simply for the surprise factor.