Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ShopTo we're immense with the WiiU launch. I got it a day early which was sweet. Kinda missed the whole standing in line for the console and being part of a console launch zeitgeist. When I got the N64/GBA/GCN/Wii on launch day it was brilliant. Tons of passionate gamers (some in cosplay) hyped for that Nintendo magic. Think I may fire a back-up pre-order into Nintendo/GAME if there's doubts over the launch numbers.

I went to my local Wii midnight launch and it was fairly tragic. Never do that again.

I went to my local Wii midnight launch and it was fairly tragic. Never do that again.

I was speaking to the people in my local GAME and they're expecting a big turnout for Switch at a midnight launch.

He explained that there were over 100 for Sun & Moon's launch, but earlier they had one for Gears of War, Tomb Raider and Battlefield and only 5 people showed up.

I do think most people are over midnight launches now there are so many ways to get games early

My sleeping has been all over the place for the last couple of weeks so I'm contemplating an early rise for Friday morning's event as my anticipation builds :grin:

I received an Amazon gift card worth £30 in the post yesterday due to a BT order towards the end of 2016 while I traded in a couple of Wii peripherals to GAME that someone was going to throw out for £30 of store credit today :smile: I may use the latter to preorder the Switch on Friday afternoon, depending on my overall feelings, but I was very happy with receiving £60 for the Switch fund for basically nothing :heh:

What made it even better was that I also traded in 2 Saitek PC controllers from the pile of stuff that was going to be thrown out and picked up what I assume was a wrongly marked Limited Edition version of Xenoblade Chronicles X for £20. Considering I somehow got £16 credit for the controllers, it only cost me £4. Presumably I could sell it for considerably more than that if I don't particularly enjoy it (and I don't think I will :indeed:)

I have tomorrow off work so debating an all-nighter tonight, I'd get about 3 hours sleep given my anticipated bedtime and awakening anyway so might as well nap after the presentation tomorrow morning (and pre-orders are locked in) and wake up in time for news/Treehouse to kick off.

My guess is Splatoon.

It's a strange one because Mario Kart doesn't seem like a straight up port ( new characters, holding 2 items ) and I doubt Samsh Bros will be a straight up port ( probably have all DLC from both Wii U and 3DS versions ) either.

However, if one of these rumoured ports was to be getting a big overhaul and be made into a sequel, then I agree, Splatoon would probably be the one.

Has to be Splatoon.

Hoping for Zelda and Splatoon at launch now, Mario shown and revealed but the meat saved for E3, that way we get one hefty singleplayer and one multiplayer from Nintendo to take us through the launch. Anything else (like Monster Hunter XX yo!) would be a day one bonus.

Has to be Splatoon.

Hoping for Zelda and Splatoon at launch now, Mario shown and revealed but the meat saved for E3, that way we get one hefty singleplayer and one multiplayer from Nintendo to take us through the launch. Anything else (like Monster Hunter XX yo!) would be a day one bonus.

For me this is a key point to having a successful launch. If their online setup is on point and they have a good online multiplayer game at launch ( man, I hope that DQX rumour is true ) then that keeps the audience engaged in your platform until the next big releases arrive.

Annoyingly from the rumours there is pretty much nothing I want to play from the launch line up. I've still got to play 3D Mario on Wii U and I can also get Zelda on Wii U. Hoping some GC VC will be live at launch. Still day 1 but not sure what I'll be playing. Hopefully there will be some surprise games announced.

I agree with you guys, it has to be Splatoon. It's too barebones of a game for it to just get a port over. Needs a lot adding to it!

The original game would feel fresh ( no pun intended ) if they even just allow you to change set up in between games and had all the maps available to play at any given time. These two things alone would shake the game up a bit.

I'm hoping when the sequel does eventually pop up that they don't go the same route of drip feeding us bits and bobs of the game. Only having a couple of maps to choose from was such a weird decision. Stick them all on there and let people vote for what map they want to play on, just like most other shooters do or even Mario Kart 8.

I agree with you guys, it has to be Splatoon. It's too barebones of a game for it to just get a port over. Needs a lot adding to it!

Yeah, like some actual fun.

(Geez, if Splatoon, Now with new hat is a pack-in game for the Switch, I am going to be very annoyed.)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!