Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if you leak things on such a scale, there will be repercussions. As I said, they let leaks slide for the most part, it's just the scale of LPVG's leaks has really pissed them off.

Repercussions? Do we live in a totalitarian state? The media's job is to report, they seek and are then fed information.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repercussions? Do we live in a totalitarian state? The media's job is to report, they seek and are then fed information.

Talk about taking things to extremes. Good grief.

Again, I'm not saying the media shouldn't report what they find. I'm saying that ALL companies, if someone has leaked company secrets on such a level, will not play nice with those people. Doesn't matter if it's their job or not.

If you can't see that, then you are blind to the ways of the world.

Stop acting like Nintendo's just being silly and blacklisting people who leak. They don't do that (trust me, voice of experience here). It's the scale of the leak that has resulted in what has happened here.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

[TWEET]806413463404875776[/TWEET]

Careful, Tom. You made not receive any more Nintendo invites if you keep dishing out information. :D

Emily also tweeted that what she has heard regarding the VC is good news compared to wii u VC.

GameCube VC has to run games at higher resolution than original. Dolphin does it so Nintendo have no excuses.

Edited by liger05

Again, I'm not saying the media shouldn't report what they find. I'm saying that ALL companies, if someone has leaked company secrets on such a level, will not play nice with those people. Doesn't matter if it's their job or not.

Stop acting like Nintendo's just being silly and blacklisting people who leak. They don't do that (trust me, voice of experience here). It's the scale of the leak that has resulted in what has happened here.

I'm not going to address what you said there as its hyperbole and just irrelevant.

Always rare to see irony in Serebii's posts.

I do want to genuinely say that I find that latter statement arrogant, belittling, patronising, rude and incredibly insulting towards Blade. I'm bloody glad he's decided to take your post for what it's worth and treat it accordingly.

This is the most ironic thing I've ever read :grin:

Anyway, jealous of all those that will be at the January event as I'm getting pretty excited about the Switch now. Gamecube VC games are a must and are probable given that we are now going to have a controller with analogue sticks and analogue shoulder buttons again. Give me Melee :D

Anyway, jealous of all those that will be at the January event as I'm getting pretty excited about the Switch now. Gamecube VC games are a must and are probable given that we are now going to have a controller with analogue sticks and analogue shoulder buttons again. Give me Melee :D

Having a GameCube on the go will be fantastic. My main worry is if they once again drip feed us the releases.

The launch of the Switch could be something very special if the GC VC is ready from the start.

Having a GameCube on the go will be fantastic. My main worry is if they once again drip feed us the releases.

The launch of the Switch could be something very special if the GC VC is ready from the start.

I wouldn't mind a drip feed as long as the current Wii U VC catalogue is available. A couple of GC games at the beginning (Melee, Luigi's Mansion) followed by 2-3 games a month would be great - I need some time to get through the games!

That said, I do hope they go the extra mile with these games. Upscale them and let us play online.

I wouldn't mind a drip feed as long as the current Wii U VC catalogue is available. A couple of GC games at the beginning (Melee, Luigi's Mansion) followed by 2-3 games a month would be great - I need some time to get through the games!

That said, I do hope they go the extra mile with these games. Upscale them and let us play online.

F-Zero GX! Believe!!

Yeah, the current wii u/3DS vc library there from the start, then a steady flow of new titles. NES Mini emulation and options seems like a clear insight into Switch VC and that would be incredible.

I'm so excited for the switch. Everything is sounding like they are doing the right thing. At this rate we'll have party chat and an achievements system and people on here won't know what to talk about :D

"Oh I juuuuust caaaan't waaaait for the Swiiiiiiiiiitch"

That segment was hilarious. :D

Eurogamer saying Melee, Sunshine and Luigis Mansion are ready for Switch gamecube VC. Also say there will be an upgrade fee again for VC titles - oh Nintendo....

Yay! Mario Sunshine! Boo! Transfer fees! Nintendo giveth with one hand and then slap you over the back of the head with the other.

If there's extra work put into the Virtual Console like there was Wii -> Wii U, I'm fine with upgrade fees.

Sony have done the same before. Why is it an issue when Nintendo do it? :p

Upscale and online maybe but I still think out of goodwill Nintendo could swallow the costs.

I think they probably could have done it on Wii U but the console was probably dead in the water when they sorted out the technical aspects.

I'd be okay with paying an upgrade fee if this is the last time we have to do it, I don't think there are many games that I'll want to transfer over though but i'll definitely hold off on buying any more VC games until the Switch is out.

I wonder if they'll change their pricing structure or if GC will slot in between N64 & Wii in terms of cost. I'd guess around £12.99 would probably be suitable for GC games, but it would be nice if they came in at £9.99 and reduced N64, GBA, SNES and NES accordingly.

Edited by killthenet

Hope we get obscure Gamecube games like Chibi Robo, Billy Hatcher, PN03, Monkey Ball 2, Viewtiful Joe etc...

Sunshine, Mansion and Melee are all good, but I personally don't feel the need to replay them.

I'd love to play through 1080 Avalance again.

Edited by Retro_Link

I genuinely can't believe we're only now getting Gamecube games.

The lack of analogue triggers on the Gamepad was the main issue. Multiplayer would also have been impossible given that only one gamepad could connect at the time and a Wiimote would have been impossible to use for any Gamecube game that use analogue movement or analogue triggers (most of them).

Frustrating, but at least they are on their way. Hopefully the can upscale them too to 1080p - Melee, Prime and Sunshien would all look beautiful :love:

If there's extra work put into the Virtual Console like there was Wii -> Wii U, I'm fine with upgrade fees.

Sony have done the same before. Why is it an issue when Nintendo do it? :p

You mean extra work like when they made everything darker than it was before? :p

There are a bunch of games on the Sony platforms which were free if you bought them on the PS3 and then then were released on PS4. Not to mention they've promoted things like cross buy for two generations now. If you're referring to the PS2 classics, these were cleaned up for HDTVs and had trophy support added. Even then I don't even think many titles crossed over in terms of what was released back then to what has been released now. Off the top of my head I can only think of the GTA games.

It's going to be interesting to see if the start from scratch again with older stuff, especially the NES games. We are living in a post NES Classic world so surely they can't charge what they have been charging for these games....right?

Hope we get obscure Gamecube games like Chibi Robo, Billy Hatcher, PN03, Monkey Ball 2, Viewtiful Joe etc...

Sunshine, Mansion and Melee are all good, but I personally don't feel the need to replay them.

I'd love to play through 1080 Avalance again.

That would require 3rd parties to play ball. Capcom are probably fine with it but Sega done sod all/very little with the VC this generation.

People on Gaf mentioned that Baten Kaitos should get a VC release. I approve of this suggestion.