Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your inconsistent approach as to what they can do compared to Nintendo (Zelda delayed: "it happens, let's chill", Uncharted delayed gets a snarky response),

If I'm being inconsistent and treating platforms differently then I guess I've picked up this board's habit. Why bring up Uncharted (I'd gotten the release date wrong and thought it was coming out sooner than it was) instead of the half dozen other examples of me showing indifference to a delayed game. Instead you pick a game where I wrote the scandalously confrontational "Two weeks before release they tell us they're delaying it, hmmmm" for that comment I get shit, but far worse quotes about Nintendo games being delayed are waved through, standard.

you making asinine and unsupported statements just to criticise (Tequila Works reacquiring the rights to Rime from Sony because Sony "let Teraway die")

As unsupported as calling me a liar, and then not apologising for doing so? I didn't "make a statement", I vented a frustration that Sony sent Tearaway out to die, twice. That's what message boards are for. You called me a liar because of my "Two weeks before release they tell us they're delaying it" comment. Seriously.

and the fact you yourself have boasted about trying to bait others.

Once, as others have done many times, for example, those who brought up 'voice chat' as bait/a joke to see the response.

If I'm being inconsistent and treating platforms differently then I guess I've picked up this board's habit.

You're part of the problem then as you're part of the board and are often inconsistent in your approach.

Why bring up Uncharted (I'd gotten the release date wrong and thought it was coming out sooner than it was) instead of the half dozen other examples of me showing indifference to a delayed game.

Because it was an example. The only other example of you discussing delays on other platforms I could think of is NMS which you were also snarky in. But please, provide me with more if you wish.

Instead you pick a game where I wrote the scandalously confrontational "Two weeks before release they tell us they're delaying it, hmmmm" for that comment I get shit, but far worse quotes about Nintendo games being delayed are waved through, standard.

It brings us back to our earlier conflict about how there's such inconsistency and how there's an anti-Nintendo bias* allowed to take place and I told you time and time again to let me know personally and you haven't. You have yet to provide actual proof of what you claim, only offering vague "but it happens all the time!!" kind of statements and a previous outright refusal to try and prove it when I have made a commitment to look into it and address it if you actually bring it up in the manner in which you should. Moaning about it once I pick apart one of your arguments is not how you should do it and I have asked you to stop until you provide proof.

*which apparently includes saying "got blue shelled, fuck Nintendo" so the bar is pretty damn low

As unsupported as calling me a liar, and then not apologising for doing so? I didn't "make a statement", I vented a frustration that Sony sent Tearaway out to die, twice. That's what message boards are for. You called me a liar because of my "Two weeks before release they tell us they're delaying it" comment. Seriously.

I had every reason to believe you were lying. You made a statement not supported by facts and weeks later, even when it had been pointed out to you that you were incorrect, you made no comment on it. You also didn't apologise. At this point I accused you of lying based on what was available to me (your incorrect statement, proof given to you that it was incorrect and sufficient time to respond but no response) and maybe you weren't intentionally lying, but the fact you ignored any rebuttal to your false claim at least shows willing disregard for the truth. And it's not like you're one to own up to mistakes or bad behaviour so I wouldn't really get too comfortable on that high horse.

And Sony let Tearaway die twice? Sure. They helped release a small game from a small studio on their platform, put it into trade shows, advertised it etc. That's letting it die? If you want to argue they did then you should try and argue it. Instead you once again dropped in, made an accusation and didn't follow up (even when others did). You could have gone in and explained why you felt Sony had let it die. Want another example? The first post you ever posted in The Division thread was a review that gave it 6.7 and made some comment about "onto the next open world shooter". Maybe in your head you were making a statement about how the genre is becoming stale, how some more innovation needs to be put into this and some reviewers are picking up on this (although the majority of the reviews were more positive, you could still argue that) and maybe it's time for some fresh ideas. But you didn't say any of that and your only follow up response was another "but others do it!" kind of response. So once again, it appears (regardless of intention, because we can't know what's going on in your mind) that you simply dropped in to criticise something you didn't like without actually providing any argument to back it up. You keep coming back to how people just criticise voice chat but do you not what they also do? Provide an argument and justification for criticising it. All you do is drop in, moan and leg it. Not always, but enough times to get a reputation. Or do you think it's just a mass conspiracy to call you a baiter?

Anyway, it had absolutely nothing to do with Rime! TW may have felt they were being treated badly by Sony, may have felt under too much pressure etc (Jessica Curry said she felt so during Rapture so it's certainly a possibility others feel the same) but you took a point that is very hard to argue in the first place (Sony "let Tearway die" and, as stated above, you didn't even argue this you just said it) and for no reason given by yourself connected it to a completely different game, studio and situation.

Once, as others have done many times, for example, those who brought up 'voice chat' as bait/a joke to see the response.

Like how we joke about the PSP being forgotten by Sony and Microsoft flip-flopping. People have a right to be upset about the continued ignorance of voice chat and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if people did raise it simply because they know it grinds your gears because you know what? You grind theirs. And as stated above, it is because you seem to be incapable or unwilling to argue a point, you just simply drop in to make a damning statement without backing it up in the Other boards or try and shut down conversations on this one. I have tried on numerous occasions to engage you in actual conversation and I get the kind of response that started all this off ("URH BUT OTHER COMPANIES ARE JUST AS BAD AND EVERYONE HATES NINTENDO!").

Again, report any problems you find (bearing in mind the factors I discussed with you privately) but the fact you still haven't suggests you just fall back on this statement when you're confronted as a convenience. I will reiterate to you - you have been given ample opportunities to put forward a proper complaint and until you do I would request that you don't go around criticising the forum as a whole without any serious justification.

kav, I know you meant it. Others who baited me about it were doing it as a joke. That's ignored though obviously, because it wasn't me doing the baiting. Only I get called out on that it seems.

I had every reason to believe you were lying. You made a statement not supported by facts and weeks later, even when it had been pointed out to you that you were incorrect, you made no comment on it. You also didn't apologise.

Apologise?

I should have apologised because I thought the game was out in two weeks instead of a month and a bit? And that means I'm a liar? You make some good points, but in other instances such as this it's just nonsense.

As for being part of the inconsistent problem, maybe deal with the rest of the problem instead of focusing on me for every little thing.

Apologise?

I should have apologised because I thought the game was out in two weeks instead of a month and a bit? And that means I'm a liar? You make some good points, but in other instances such as this it's just nonsense.

"My bad, I thought the game was out earlier". That's all it would have taken to make it clear it was a misunderstanding rather than a provocation.

As for being part of the inconsistent problem, maybe deal with the rest of the problem instead of focusing on me for every little thing.

I'm trying but someone refuses to report issues as requested. I deal with issues when they're reported, which is why we're addressing your behaviour as that has been reported.

Ubisoft are bringing Just Dance to NX next year. Well, I suppose that's a start for western 3rd party support. :D

Best thing about that is Nintendo have not told third parties to keep silent about any games coming out on the NX.

What's worrying is if they're happy to announce games for nx. That was the only one they announced....

Good point. Ubisoft will always release the party games.

Then again this picture shows Nintendo have got the ninja's out.

QgNgs4t.jpg?1

Why Nintendo, why?

Edited by liger05
Automerged Doublepost

Maybe porting from Wii U to NX isn't too tough. Watchdogs 2 won't go near the wii u for several reasons... and by the time it can come out for the NX, much like the original, there won't be any point.

Very true and that's the problem with the release date. It misses all the titles for holiday season.

Very true and that's the problem with the release date. It misses all the titles for holiday season.

Yeah, from the looks of things it seems that they're going to be using first party titles prominently at launch, and will probably announce a slew of third party games at next E3.

Going to be interesting to see what their first party launch titles we get other than the new Zelda. Smash Bros rerelease/NX update perhaps?

As crazy as it sounds, I'm almost glad Nintendo are leaving NX out of E3. Judging from all the buzz and chat online Zelda is a clear game of the show, and the impact of that would have been massively diminished had NX been unveiled at the same time. Maybe having it in a separate conference was a smart move after all.

Ubisoft is the first Western third-party publisher to pledge support to the NX by announcing a Just Dance title for the platform. The announcement was made on stage during Ubisoft’s E3 press conference and EMEA boss Alain Corre told MCV that the firm is working closely with Nintendo on the project.

“We have always appreciated the relationship with Nintendo, the co-creation and the fact that they are really concentrating on quality - they have fantastic brands,” he told MCV at Ubisoft's E3 booth in Los Angeles.

“And they are addressing the family market in a very different way, their own way, which we appreciate. We have done a lot of products and successes with Nintendo in the past, and we believe that the NX will recapture a lot of the lapsed Wii players. So we will see when they release it, but we are confident.”

To hell with the expanded market! They were a flash in the pan and left Nintendo for dead. How about you try supporting gamers instead, Nintendo?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!