NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

My Nintendo is a website.

Nintendo Account is an all-encompassing account that connects to their web portals (such as My Nintendo, official sites), their mobile titles and now the Switch.

Nintendo Network ID was an ID that was required to connect to the online features of the Wii U and 3DS, but can be used to connect to Nintendo account if linked. It is no longer used on new devices/formats.

Not that confusing

Ok so NNID will start being fazed out, and your Nintendo Account is going to be used from now on. Got it.

What is the Switch going to ask me to log in with? NNID or Account?

My Nintendo is a website.

Nintendo Account is an all-encompassing account that connects to their web portals (such as My Nintendo, official sites), their mobile titles and now the Switch.

Nintendo Network ID was an ID that was required to connect to the online features of the Wii U and 3DS, but can be used to connect to Nintendo account if linked. It is no longer used on new devices/formats.

Not that confusing

So I have a NNID from previously, do I need to create a Nintendo Account for Switch (and register an ID)? I have now created a Nintendo account and registered ID. I already have an NNID, and when I logged in with my NNID I am greeted with an account (so I assume that there is an account there, and this is linked to my NNID which is why I couldn't assign my NNID to the Nintendo account I just created).

Not sure what I'll need to log in on Switch. Do we know if it's the User ID that is the thing other people will see/contact you with? This is rather confusing - one tag for everything would be perfect!

Ok so NNID will start being fazed out, and your Nintendo Account is going to be used from now on. Got it.

What is the Switch going to ask me to log in with? NNID or Account?

Nintendo Account

But what's my My Nintendo account log in ID?

Nintendo Account

So I have a NNID from previously, do I need to create a Nintendo Account for Switch (and register an ID)? I have now created a Nintendo account and registered ID. I already have an NNID, and when I logged in with my NNID I am greeted with an account (so I assume that there is an account there, and this is linked to my NNID which is why I couldn't assign my NNID to the Nintendo account I just created).

Not sure what I'll need to log in on Switch. Do we know if it's the User ID that is the thing other people will see/contact you with? This is rather confusing - one tag for everything would be perfect!

Yeah, your NNID is already linked to a Nintendo Account you made so you're all set. Log into Switch with that (and you probably will with your NNID). User ID is what you need to log in, but your nickname is what people will see.

That's so if you have to have a ridiculous name like Sheikah56359709123Impa because everything is taken, you can still be displayed as Sheikah

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Kept my username the same as my NNID, Kav-82. May as well keep it easy.

Well as confusing as it is having multiple ID's/account i've registered as Chrisp8Three (which if sony would ever let me change ID i'd be on everything then)

No unicode <sigh>.

I'm going to use all available social media to complain.

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post the sensible chuckle picture.

Thanks, got it now. For some reason I thought you needed to create a Nintendo account to be able to use the services on the Switch. Didn't realise if you already had an NNID then you already had an account.

It does ask you to change your password though if all you had was an NNID before it lets you register a user ID.

Figured it out now. It just asks for a password because you haven't set a password to the Nintendo ID yet. So when I did that, it all went smoothly. I went with ArtMediocre as my ID. Kinda want to switch to that name here as well, but oh well, you cant have everything..

Edit: Beaten to it :P.

Has anyone who ordered the Switch and Zelda bundle from GAME had confirmation that they'll receive it at launch yet? I tried asking on online chat a couple of weeks ago but they said they didn't have numbers yet. :/

Has there been any information for you regarding this yet? I ordered the neon version of this bundle too on 21/01/17 so am still unsure of my chances of a launch day delivery..

Has there been any information for you regarding this yet? I ordered the neon version of this bundle too on 21/01/17 so am still unsure of my chances of a launch day delivery..

I literally just finished a web chat with them and they confirmed my order will be here on launch. They obviously know now but just haven't sent out confirmation emails.

I literally just finished a web chat with them and they confirmed my order will be here on launch. They obviously know now but just haven't sent out confirmation emails.

When did you order and what colour? :smile:

When did you order and what colour? :smile:

I ordered they grey Zelda bundle on 21st Jan.

Why do the joycons come as a set of red/blue but the straps only come as red/red or blue/blue?
Gut feeling:

maxresdefault.jpg

[i dont know who the chap in the bottom right corner is]

So

I have two pre-orders, but I'm keeping both. If my Switch isn't out for delivery by 9am on Switchmas, I'll go to GAME and get the one pre-ordered there, and then resell the second one.

Otherwise, take the £20 deposit, put it back on my loyalty card and spend it on eShop credit or something

I ordered they grey Zelda bundle on 21st Jan.

I just checked now myself and apparently I'm getting it for launch :yay:

The girl told me that as I ordered before February 14th I was well within their stock allocation for launch :smile:

Worried that I'm getting Zelda from amazon but the console from Nintendo. What if one arrives but not the other? ;_;

Either you guys suck at hype gifs [im triple daring ya. Samuel L. aint got shit comin'], or im too early?

nS0YhaZ.gif

VcRo4qj9DdjPHL_L70ZNwHMv64BtxF9tF8W_Q2hU_tkVq5ixC3gMsohB81DTgDNK80YB8JF6PIKKxw=w752-h421-no

b50fbea129a83cddff4709613fe5b293c63e4bab_hq.gif

itshappeningreggie!!.gif

giphy.gif

post-54067-hype-thrusters-activated-gif-I-WpDs.gif

I feel like the hype gifs need to come out on the 7 day stretch. Right now it still feels a touch too far away despite being oh so close. *salivates