NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'm getting it delivered to work. Didn't really occur to me that it's a Friday, if it doesn't arrive I won't get it til Monday!

Urrgh, why does the Nintendo Account user ID automatically make the first letter lowercase?

It annoys me...

The user ID doesn't really matter though right, that's just for logging in like an email address. Beyond that you have your nickname, which can have capitals.

I'm getting it delivered to work. Didn't really occur to me that it's a Friday, if it doesn't arrive I won't get it til Monday!

The user ID doesn't really matter though right, that's just for logging in like an email address. Beyond that you have your nickname, which can have capitals.

But how will you add friends if there aren't friend codes now? I would have thought the ID is the thing to search for people given it is unique for each person.

Unless friend codes will still be a thing, which would be unmitigatedly shit.

Yeah I suppose you are right, that's how you will add one another, but once added, you will appear in their friends list using your nickname I assume, which is decent. I really like the nickname method, similar to how Blizzard does it, you get to have any name you like. Presumably if there's two of you you get assigned a number to separate you...

Seen a fair few Switch adverts on TV now. Primetime adverts, even during things like Family Guy.

Impressive. Nintendo throwing around the marketing money

There was an advert last night during the Brits but it was for 1 2 Switch and was pretty terrible.

Why they didn't show Zelda is beyond me.

Bit of good news for me today. Fretting over how top get a Switch within a reasonable price for a long time, shipping from Play Asia was looking good, but missed out on the pre-orders, which must have lasted for all of 10 minutes. Went to a new computer game shop today, and recognised one of the staff who worked in an old CG shop during the Wii days. I've now secured a pre-order for a Japanese model (so the AC adapter plug is no problem), to pick up in store next Friday.

Now, my fretting has stopped and I'm all aboard the Hype Train. Except I have to wait for Zelda: BOTW to be shipped from Base.com, cheaper there due to taxes being lopped off, so I'm hoping Snipperclips comes out sooner rather than later in March.

There was an advert last night during the Brits but it was for 1 2 Switch and was pretty terrible.

Why they didn't show Zelda is beyond me.

Demographic of those watching the brits probably is more likely to find 1-2 switch interesting over Zelda.

But how will you add friends if there aren't friend codes now? I would have thought the ID is the thing to search for people given it is unique for each person.

Unless friend codes will still be a thing, which would be unmitigatedly shit.

Friend codes lol. Ridiculous!!!

We can't add each other by gamertag name? Surely not.

What's the point of the nickname then?

Edited by liger05
Automerged Doublepost

Demographic of those watching the brits probably is more likely to find 1-2 switch interesting over Zelda.

Not sure I agree with that tbh.

Just got an "order processing very soon" notification from Nintendo :D choo choo!

Mine was for my Amiibo order. :(

Oh I got one for a joycon charging grip that I forgot I had preordered. I cancelled it as I don't think it's a necessary purchase but now I'm doubting myself...

Also, has anyone preordered with shopto before and paid for the item before they automatically take it on dispatch? Caused any problems?

Also, has anyone preordered with shopto before and paid for the item before they automatically take it on dispatch? Caused any problems?

I did that with my PS4 preorder and it worked fine.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346741

Another nice little feature Switch is hiding...

If you're playing local wireless with someone and not all players have the latest version of the game, you can send game updates to the other players who haven't got it yet, via local wireless.

Great for those times when you're out and about and suddenly realise that your friend needs to update their game but there's no internet connection :) (Also great for tourney organisers, makes things much easier for them!)

Right I'm all paid up with ShopTo :D

Ready to receive the goods. Their website says that orders should be delivered BY the 3rd. Hoping so much for 2nd.

Hype growing!

I've seen two big BOTW billboards on the London Underground today. The word is slowly getting out to the masses...

We can't add each other by gamertag name? Surely not.

What's the point of the nickname then?

Nicknames aren't unique though. If I give myself the nickname of Link, you'd be searching through a long list. Given you can change your nickname at will, I can't see it being that they just add a number to the end of your nickname (since it can change at any time, and presumably the number after it).

Tphi says no VC at launch...

[tweet]834751545891766273[/tweet]

Edited by Kav

Well the only positive I can take from this is that I will definitely finish Zelda. I've only ever finished 2 Zelda games but with absolutely fuck all else to play I have no excuse this time around. Other than Mario Kart and Puyo Tetris, two games I already own, there is nothing I'm really interested in this side of Fifa.

Hopefully Zelda will take 6 months to finish.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346754

Official. No VC at launch, Shovel Knight Spectre of Torment (and Treasure Trove) and FAST Racing RMX on day 1 (Shovel Knight SOT is a timed exclusive for Switch).

Nindies Showcase Video coming out Feb 28th 09:00 PST.

Game News feature also officially mentioned for the first time (we only knew about it from the SDK leak).

It's definitely a shame to see there will be no VC at launch. Probably means that once I'm done with Zelda my Switch may end up gathering dust for a few months.

Socks that it took Nintendo this long to tell us that as well.

Maybe they want to emphasize the E-shop first. If they have 60 games this year, then there's plenty games left to be announced.

I don't need a VC at launch.. My line-up is likely looking to be Zelda -> Shovel Knight -> I am Setsuna -> Splatoon -> Mario Kart for the coming months. I'll most likely grab some stuff from the E-shop as well.

No VC at launch again. That's 3 platforms on the Trot now this has happened.

Not good enough.

Knew it was happening though as the Nintendo silence confirmed it.

Reading between the lines, I would expect this means VC won't be ready until they start to charge for online.

Once again the question "what the hell have they been doing all this time" springs to mind.