NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I guess so. But I just can't imagine there being many people whose purchase of the console is based purely on it being utterly incredible. Don't think that person would preorder and spend do much money on a device not knowing it's that good, but demanding it is or else they won't get it. Just can't see that scenario.

I think you'd be surprised, I reckon a lot of people are buying it knowing they'll get one anyway for future games like Mario etc, but Zelda is their reason to jump in right now.

Let's face it, at worst the game is an 8/10. No one in their right mind is going to cancel their Switch pre-order because Gamespot gives it an 8.5.

Just saw an advert for 1 - 2 Switch on TV.

Came on to just say the same thing! They aced it at the end to with the 'anywhere, anyone, anytime' slogan - dispelling the Wii U so-called confusion.

You can now register your Nintendo Account User ID for use on the Switch apparently...

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login?post_login_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

I didn't know if this was common knowledge yet - maybe it's day old news - so just thought I'd spread the word. :)

I just went with "metal-mutiny" for mine as it has served me well thus far, plus I didn't want anyone else to take it, not that they would but whatever. : peace:

Let's face it, at worst the game is an 8/10. No one in their right mind is going to cancel their Switch pre-order because Gamespot gives it an 8.5.

To be fair, I think you're over simplifying it a bit going by score as the actual content of the reviews could bring up concerns that some might be influenced by.

However, I have no doubt that it should be great/bloody brilliant, and the reason the embargoes are then are so reviews are in the mainstream media on launch weekend rather than before.

Assigning a lowest possible score to a game before it's out is pretty ridiculous anyway. That kind of thing is what causes the fanboys to riot when a game doesn't get what they've decided it deserves even before they've played it. Like say with Mario 3D World.

Assigning a lowest possible score to a game before it's out is pretty ridiculous anyway. That kind of thing is what causes the fanboys to riot when a game doesn't get what they've decided it deserves even before they've played it. Like say with Mario 3D World.

Where's that "That's bait" gif when you need it. :indeed:

The Switch carts are absolutely tiny!

It looks to be maybe a tiny bit larger than a PSVita cart.

You can now register your Nintendo Account User ID for use on the Switch apparently...

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login?post_login_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

I didn't know if this was common knowledge yet - maybe it's day old news - so just thought I'd spread the word. :)

I just went with "metal-mutiny" for mine as it has served me well thus far, plus I didn't want anyone else to take it, not that they would but whatever. : peace:

Not just day old. I did mine in January :p

I finally got Serebii :D After someone leeched that for my NNID due to the two weeks between Wii U launch in the US and Europe, I'm happy I finally got it on Nintendo

Does anyone know what all theses accounts and IDs are actually for? It's getting a bit messy.

Nintendo Account is what everything is going to use now. Mobile uses it. Switch uses it.

NNID is just now a portal into that, but it's being phased out.

Nintendo Accounts are more open across platforms, allowing you to log in through various other means: Google, Facebook, Twitter, NNID or just the standard Nintendo Account UserID/Password

Oddly enough, I cannot change my User ID. When I try to change it, the site just redirects me to the "Change password"-page. Witch is odd. Anyone have the same problem?

Oddly enough, I cannot change my User ID. When I try to change it, the site just redirects me to the "Change password"-page. Witch is odd. Anyone have the same problem?

Same here when I tried yesterday.

Yeah it asks everyone to do that

Yeah it asks everyone to do that

Hmm.. It didn't ask me to change my password, only to input the one I currently use..

I went with nekunando again. It's a stupid, meaningless name but I feel stuck with it now :heh:

I created a Nintendo account, made up an ID, then went to link my NNID and it says "another account has already been linked".

Any ideas? I don't recall already having a Nintendo account...

I created a Nintendo account, made up an ID, then went to link my NNID and it says "another account has already been linked".

Any ideas? I don't recall already having a Nintendo account...

Not even for My Nintendo etc.? That's this account

I logged on with my Nintendo Network ID, set my User ID and now I can log into the Nintendo Account with that User ID.

It's really not that difficult :p

It's all very very confusing.

My Nintendo, NNID, Nintendo Account

My Nintendo is a website.

Nintendo Account is an all-encompassing account that connects to their web portals (such as My Nintendo, official sites), their mobile titles and now the Switch.

Nintendo Network ID was an ID that was required to connect to the online features of the Wii U and 3DS, but can be used to connect to Nintendo account if linked. It is no longer used on new devices/formats.

Not that confusing