NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Is the general assumption that they are going to drop the reveal at very short notice? I don't get this logic, surely they would want to announce the reveal weeks before to create some awareness.

This wall of silence doesn't sit right me, I can't help feeling that the reveal is way off or they are desperately trying but are having problems of some kind. Otherwise, surely they would give some information by now.

Normally (in tech) there's a few weeks notice to build up hype but its seeming not...

Unless this month they literally just give us the date when it will be announced. Can you imagine the internet's calm and measured response?

Red Dead NX exclusive!

I would almost love this more than anything :love: Not because the game would interest me but the internet would be a hilarious place to be for weeks :grin:

Red Dead NX exclusive!

The whole world's gaming press missed Nintendo's hostile takeover of Rockstar. The next patch for GTAV replaces all billboards and loading screens with NX adverts. That will also be the last patch, as support for those versions will cease. Wii U's big christmas game is GTAV: Ultimate Edition and owners of previous, inferior versions are offered to trade in their old trashy discs for the new version free of charge.

In other words: no chance in hell ;)

So what do we reckon, will they give us a couple of days notice for a Direct or will a video suddenly be up on YouTube? I guess a live conference is out of the question now, sadly.

Red Dead NX exclusive!

Nintendo at a minimum need this on the NX and should pay for it if required.

I still think they should pay for a GTA V port as well.

Nintendo at a minimum need this on the NX and should pay for it if required.

I still think they should pay for a GTA V port as well.

I agree.

My hope is however that Nintendo do something more akin to Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes or Ridge Racer 64 and pay to have one of their second parties make an exclusive game.

I'm quietly hoping for an entry set in Vice City, developed by Retro Studios.

So what do we reckon, will they give us a couple of days notice for a Direct or will a video suddenly be up on YouTube? I guess a live conference is out of the question now, sadly.

I can't believe they wouldn't give a couple of weeks notice, so at best this week we will just get a date. It would be plain dumb to just drop a direct without any warning. Half the world would miss it.

I can't believe they wouldn't give a couple of weeks notice, so at best this week we will just get a date. It would be plain dumb to just drop a direct without any warning. Half the world would miss it.

I think they could do a direct and then a week later the press get there time with it.

It doesn't take a lot for a direct to get traction. Social Media will see a NX direct trending within mins.

Now would be a good time to announce an announcement to distract everyone from the Pokemon carnage heh

RE: the Beyond Good and Evil 2 NX exclusivity rumour, I'm sincerely hoping that it is anything but exclusive. Available on all formats, including the NX, sure but I'd hate to have it exclusive to a platform that I'm not sure will pique my interest enough to purchase.

Sure, Nintendo ponying up the money to get it going would be fantastic, especially for people like myself that have been waiting ages for a sniff of the sequel since that CG trailer and the supposed "leaked" gameplay a few years later appeared, but as much as I'd want to play it, I wouldn't be forking out for new hardware to do so. That's why I'm hoping that it will eventually come about as being multiformat. After all, Yves Guillemot has spoken about it recently to confirm its on the go in interviews that weren't Nintendo related so I'm clinging on to hope on that basis that it will see the light on PS4, Xbone, PC as well as on the NX for those wanting it there.

It's happening THIS WEEK!!! Too many people saying the same thing. BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!!

RE: the Beyond Good and Evil 2 NX exclusivity rumour, I'm sincerely hoping that it is anything but exclusive. Available on all formats, including the NX, sure but I'd hate to have it exclusive to a platform that I'm not sure will pique my interest enough to purchase.

Sure, Nintendo ponying up the money to get it going would be fantastic, especially for people like myself that have been waiting ages for a sniff of the sequel since that CG trailer and the supposed "leaked" gameplay a few years later appeared, but as much as I'd want to play it, I wouldn't be forking out for new hardware to do so. That's why I'm hoping that it will eventually come about as being multiformat. After all, Yves Guillemot has spoken about it recently to confirm its on the go in interviews that weren't Nintendo related so I'm clinging on to hope on that basis that it will see the light on PS4, Xbone, PC as well as on the NX for those wanting it there.

With that logic there would never be any exclusives on any console.

I hate exclusives as much as the next guy because I want to play the games I find interesting without having to look at what hardware they are on. But from a competition point of view that would make zero sense, unfortunately.

I also want to play 1st and 2nd party games but don't want to fork out for a new piece of hardware.

In my above comment I didn't distinguish between 1st or 3rd party games. The logic is the same.

Exclusives are terrible. They should be vilified as much as microtransactions, proprietary cables and timed DLC, but for some reason some people get excited when they're announced.

With that logic there would never be any exclusives on any console.

I hate exclusives as much as the next guy because I want to play the games I find interesting without having to look at what hardware they are on. But from a competition point of view that would make zero sense, unfortunately.

For first party, sure. But Ubisoft is a third party and Beyond Good and Evil a third party title. For a company like Ubisoft, it's about getting their game onto as many platforms as possible to recoup as much outlay and maximise profits. Just look at what they did with Rayman on Wii U, delaying it for that reason. Ignoring the general attitude towards the company that seems to be all over the 'net, from a pure business perspective it would make more sense for them to launch BG&E2 as a multi-platform title to maximise the possibility of getting their money back.

Have Nintendo made their money back on either Bayonetta 2 or The Devil's Third? I wouldn't think so and given Ubisoft's current predicament, of wanting to shore up defences against an aggressive and unwanted takeover from Vivendi, you'd think they'd want to produce the title and get it into as many hands as possible and going third party would allow them to achieve that. Yes, Nintendo funding development would allow for some cash up front but if final sales are low because it's launching exclusively on an as yet unannounced piece of hardware, it's not going to do much for either party in recouping money.

And it's not exactly a title with a huge amount of pulling power as an exclusive. It has it's cult following but it's not going to be enough to entice players to pick the NX so from an exclusivity point of view, there's a weak argument to be made for the game being exclusive to the NX. I was a big fan of the first Bayonetta and would have loved to play the sequel but would I trump up money for the Wii U to play that when there was little else that I was interested (and I'm saying that based on how my gaming habits have changed as late and I've gotten into fewer big, open world titles and more smaller indie pieces rather than an attack on Nintendo's catalogue of titles), no.

My point was that I'm holding on to hope, not logical reasoning, that the rumours aren't factual about it being an exclusive and that Nintendo are merely talking with Ubisoft to secure a port of the title.

Now now, let's keep our tongues in our cheeks ;)

(although genuinely curious who is saying it)

It's happening THIS WEEK!!! Too many people saying the same thing. BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!!