Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

Not every game will come out over here, not to mention that it'll be good for getting VC games in 60hz that get released in 50hz over here.

Ah, so it's kind of like the game is locked to a region. I see.

So why not release it everywhere if people can just download it with a different account?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so it's kind of like the game is locked to a region. I see.

So why not release it everywhere if people can just download it with a different account?

Not every game gets localised and licensing issues can be absolute hell for publishers/developers to get over.

At least we now have the option of importing if need be though!

Presumably you're not supposed to be signing up for foreign accounts and using them to get around region locks, so Nintendo don't really have to make it easy...

If you're 'not supposed to' be doing it then why do Sony allow it. They allow you to have different profiles on your system with different region PSN accounts assigned to them.

If Nintendo are really making this region free then by all means we should be doing it.

This is what needs clearing up. Those leaks don't confirm that's the case.

Do you have any links to press releases from Microsoft, Sony or Valve for that matter which demonstrated how users could create multiple accounts in different countries so they could download games from different regions?

I don't understand what needs 'clearing up'. The 0.001% of users who will create multiple accounts will just have to wait and see instead of blaming Nintendo for not confirming something they are so obviously not going to actively support.

Do you have any links to press releases from Microsoft, Sony or Valve for that matter which demonstrated how users could create multiple accounts in different countries so they could download games from different regions?

I don't understand what needs 'clearing up'. The 0.001% of users who will create multiple accounts will just have to wait and see instead of blaming Nintendo for not confirming something they are so obviously not going to actively support.

This link explained the game sharing stuff which is the main account stuff @Sheikah has been talking about.

http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2013/10/26/5030872/sony-clarifies-ps4-game-sharing-rules-ahead-of-launch

That article also mentions an FAQ on the Playstation website (which isnt there anymore but was for launch) that explained more stuff.

Edited by Happenstance

People are clearly already upset with the Switch and it's apparent lack of features, and make it apparent on this board everyday... yet some have traded in stuff for half the price they bought it just to get the Switch for launch. This is what frustrates me - having the attitude of having zero excitement for the Switch when there is clearly something that appeals to you.

I'd ask why the latter seems so illogical to yourself when, as I understand, did you not buy a Wii U 2-3 times? If you can see a logic to the thought process there, I see a similarity here. Of course everyone's logic is different, despite the idea that it's presented as entirely objective, so it may just be a case of differing views on the two.

People have got varying likes/dislikes for this system. If you're going to eventually get a Switch for maybe Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, XC2, other titles etc(as Kav is planning from what he said) - why not jump in on the early point to have the experience whilst it's novel? When I bought my WiiU later than release, it wasn't neccessarily for the system as it was at the time - it was because I saw a good deal for a system I knew I'd eventually want to get/buy for games such as Zelda(delayed until now annoyingly), Smash, XCX etc.

I could wait a year for the system and possibly pay less, or maybe even pay the same price(not since seen a premium WiiU for £200 either) but why wait until it's EXACTLY what you want, if you're fairly convinced it will become it later on and you can experience the other bits in the interim now? Even if you buy and sell on - it could theoretically be like a cheap/long rental.

Personally, I should make sense to yourself though as I won't get a Switch at its price for what it's currently offering. I *would* get it at £200 - does it change any of my other thoughts on it? Does it make them lesser or more? No, it's one of many aspects that's influencing my decision and I think it's not easy to think that the Switch should either be a full on buy or no buy - some people are simply at varying levels of being in the middle. Some of those middlers are closer to the buy on launch, some the other end - but it's not just one or the other imo.

Tbh a positive that should be taken for Nintendo is that they're still holding some of the interest of so many people who seem burned or worried about the system - how often do you otherwise see people extolling potential flaws of a product yet still wanting to buy it at launch??

I love the physical hardware and am on board for it. Super tempted for £200. But not having a web browser actually is a deal breaker for me even at £200. Only just though. The fact that it seems sure to not have a web browser at all, ever, I think is the deciding factor for the time being. I wonder if it would be possible to realise a browser.. or maybe Opera/Firefox will make a version available....

I actually think in terms of brand, "Nintendo" is the "toxic" part here... if this was a Sony or Microsoft branded machine, and otherwise identical, people would probably be happy to sink £350 on it... even without a browser netflix etc :D

But hopefully this hardware will redress a lot of the issues that have come to be associated with Nintendo :)

Edited by Pestneb

This link explained the game sharing stuff which is the main account stuff @Sheikah has been talking about.

http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2013/10/26/5030872/sony-clarifies-ps4-game-sharing-rules-ahead-of-launch

That article also mentions an FAQ on the Playstation website (which isnt there anymore but was for launch) that explained more stuff.

Different users can already access content downloaded from the e-shop on the Wii U. I don't see why this wouldn't continue on the Switch.

Having a Japanese and EU account on the same system is another matter, but also one which is not supported actively by Nintendo, so I doubt we'll hear anything about it.

Having two EU accounts which both have e-shop content may or may not have game sharing, I guess we'll find out soon, though it would seem backwards of they don't support this considering the Wii U die, albeit with a master account tied to the system.

I'd ask why the latter seems so illogical to yourself when, as I understand, did you not buy a Wii U 2-3 times? If you can see a logic to the thought process there, I see a similarity here. Of course everyone's logic is different, despite the idea that it's presented as entirely objective, so it may just be a case of differing views on the two.

I don't see any similarities with the two trains of thought, no.

When I bought a Wii U at launch I was excited for it. I gave the first Wii U away when I found it to be full of software droughts and bought it again a year or so later for dirt cheap on ebay when the software line-up improved.

Point is, at both of those moments before purchasing the console I was happy and excited to do so. I can't ever imagine spending hundreds of pounds on something that has failed to completely grasp my interest. Especially, when your own personal requirements (online functions) have not been met.

But I won't hark on about this - Im sure when we're in the middle of BOTW on Switch on a toilet seat at work there will be more - for lack of a better word - positivity.

@King_V I'll be spending £27, for that price it's ok. I don't see the trading in as me spending money really as they were effectively junk to me at that point. Yes, I know that it is in a way, but I just don't see it like that. I feel it's like me swapping clothes that don't fit anymore for it.

It's just the way I feel about the trade that makes it so.

I can't ever imagine spending hundreds of pounds on something that has failed to completely grasp my interest. Especially, when your own personal requirements (online functions) have not been met.

For you that's understandable but I'm not sure if by saying that you're trying to imply others are feeling that way towards switch and is a point I keep trying to make.

For someone like kav(and many others) the system isn't 'completely failing' to grasp their interest. What if it's failing on some points whilst simultaneously succeeding on some? What does one do if one is not wholly for, nor wholly against, thr system but is on the balance of probabilities more towards one side than the other but still remaining a mix of both?

My hype levels are ascending :bouncy:

Pessimism is evaporating and I'm becoming increasingly optimistic about the road ahead for Switch :hehe:

This isn't really based on anything other than a feeling that this exciting new console is going to make me very happy!

My preorder isn't going anywhere and I now encourage you all to join me on the hype train.

Switch WILL be awesome :yay:

For you that's understandable but I'm not sure if by saying that you're trying to imply others are feeling that way towards switch and is a point I keep trying to make.

For someone like kav(and many others) the system isn't 'completely failing' to grasp their interest. What if it's failing on some points whilst simultaneously succeeding on some? What does one do if one is not wholly for, nor wholly against, thr system but is on the balance of probabilities more towards one side than the other but still remaining a mix of both?

But I won't hark on about this

Sorry, but I won't be doing the back and forth with this, its not a big deal. Me and Kav have had that conversation.

Switch WILL be awesome :yay:

As soon as that Pokemon Stars drops (amongst others)... Thats when the dubstep tune comes on and the lights go low and the Switch be like...

Different users can already access content downloaded from the e-shop on the Wii U. I don't see why this wouldn't continue on the Switch.

Having a Japanese and EU account on the same system is another matter, but also one which is not supported actively by Nintendo, so I doubt we'll hear anything about it.

Having two EU accounts which both have e-shop content may or may not have game sharing, I guess we'll find out soon, though it would seem backwards of they don't support this considering the Wii U die, albeit with a master account tied to the system.

I don't care whether they announce it, just that they have it. Would like to see Nintendo get with the times with regards to online.

I think most of us are waiting to see Pokémon Stars just because, if it is the third game in the series, it will mean a mainline Pokémon is on a home console (because hey, that's how Nintendo is advertising it after all) and it's all eyes on @Serebii :heh:

Again, please refer to the reasons why I said a home console Pokémon wouldn't happen.

As Switch is a hybrid, those reasons are moot.

Here's what one of the Digital Foundry team have said on the supposed FIFA 18 footage:

"Evidence does suggest Frostbite isn't makin the cut for the Switch version of FIFA - but that's not to say it looks a world apart from PS4 and Xbox One.

"Frostbite's main visual improvements over the last FIFA 16 engine (Ignite) were added volumetric lighting, and upgraded post-effects like motion blur. That being said, the core gameplay, stadia, and player models were essentially identical between these engines.

"This is what we're seeing in the Switch footage; no sign of the improved lighting so far, but the stadia and players are still close to what we have on PS4 and Xbox One."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-15-heres-our-first-look-at-fifa-on-switch

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!