NEurope
Cube

Suicide Squad (2016)

The tattoo's are 100% on the film version and not just for this promo image?... Because I don't get it, it's terrible.

This is like a Joker fanboy who would take over the role should Joker die or something. Why would he himself reference through tattoos things that only us in the real world pick up on? It's like some weird 4th wall shit. He might as well go the whole way and have 'Why So Serious' tattooed on himself.

Also I thought somehow they were going to age him to Batman and show evidence of them having known and been fighting all these years.

I don't like *this* look (the NME magazine cover look), but will have to wait and see him in a suit.

He's like one of the jokers from batman beyond....the teeth and tattoos scream punk rock band/douchebag jersey shore guy and not mad man

We'll see how he acts the role but visually he just seems less like the joker and more like a joker wannabe/follower

No need for him to be shirtless, the joker should be in a purple suit, just what are DC thinking

I'm actually surprised by some of the general reaction to this because it's not just exclusive to this place, but rather the entire internet seems to be divided over this look.

My initial reaction was...fuark, he looks deranged/creepy/unusual/bizarre, etc.

I still think all of that now and I've also just remembered it's going to be Jared Leto underneath that makeup, probably one of my favourite (one of the best, surely) actors on the entire planet right now. It's only one image, too. It'll make more sense to see how it'll all come together when we actually see some footage. I'm convinced he'll work in the role.

I'm in the minority in thinking it'll be great to have a very different interpretation. I think he looks great. Very interested to see how it turns out.

I don't mind the look necessarily other than not really understanding the tattoo's.

Plus seeing how it fits alongside Afleck's Batman.

I still think all of that now and I've also just remembered it's going to be Jared Leto underneath that makeup, probably one of my favourite (one of the best, surely) actors on the entire planet right now. It's only one image, too.

Yeah, Jared Leto is amazing. And I'm very confident he will be a great Joker.

I just sincerely hope he'll wear a purple suit in the movie. :D

Yeah, Jared Leto is amazing. And I'm very confident he will be a great Joker.

I just sincerely hope he'll wear a purple suit in the movie. :D

Have you seen Mr Nobody? I think you might have mentioned it before. If you haven't, watch it, it's just brilliant.

I'm pretty relaxed about the character anyway and I've read nearly enough comic books or graphic novels to be THAT wound up if they don't go for a traditional joker or if they don't go for one particular angle. I don't mind having something a bit different, as long as it turns out good, which I think it will. It's stuff like Will Smith as Deadshot which worries me, because that could go either way...

Looks fantastic, well except that forehead tattoo but I love the rest.

Looks more like Marilyn Manson than the Joker. Really shit design, almost like bad cosplay and certainly not as good as the portrayal of the Joker in the Dark Knight or the Arkham games.

Rumours are abound that this was just to celebrate "#joker75". On the positive side, this might prompt them to get out some better, more "on message" publicity shots to quash the PR damage this has done (whether you like it or not, it's clear most people are not keen).

Rumours are abound that this was just to celebrate "#joker75". On the positive side, this might prompt them to get out some better, more "on message" publicity shots to quash the PR damage this has done (whether you like it or not, it's clear most people are not keen).

Meh. Most people aren't keen on a lot of things at first but opinions change. I wouldn't worry about it.

tumblr_nnd67e9r1c1qhl7yao1_1280.jpg

Edited by Ashley

Imagine if the Joker was controversial, unlikable even. /s

You can't deny the irony is a little amusing. :heh:

People have looked at the image and the "Damaged" one was slapped on in photoshop.

Have you seen Mr Nobody? I think you might have mentioned it before. If you haven't, watch it, it's just brilliant.

Seen it, loved it, cried like a bitch :laughing:

tumblr_nnd67e9r1c1qhl7yao1_1280.jpg

Nah. It's not scary cos it's new. It looks shit because it looks shit :)

Harley looking great there.

General reaction from the internet seems to be negative (again :p), but what's new there? :D

My favourite reaction to people complaining about the general dark look:

They’re the Suicide Squad. Not the Lollipop Gang.

Wow, Deadshot looks really sad. Probably thinking about his daughter and perhaps not even wanting to be there in the first place :sad: I hope he makes it through the movie.

Damn good stuff!

Harley looks like someone wanted to cosplay her, but only used stuff they had lying around.

Looks so boring. Other than Killer Croc, most of those characters look like generic mercenaries, not like super villains! Also, Harley looks like the Joker - second rate cosplay.

After seeing Avengers Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy I can't help feeling underwhelmed by this. To have an ensemble cast like this (both in terms of actors and characters) and for it to look so underwhelming and bland is almost an achievement in itself - but not one to be proud of!

I think it's partly due to different methods.

DC are making films based on comic books. Marvel are making comic book films.