NEurope
Cube

Suicide Squad (2016)

I might fall in love with Harley Quinn. She looks hot and insane. Just how I like 'em

never had this combination in a girl before...only hot

I might fall in love with Harley Quinn. She looks hot and insane. Just how I like 'em

never had this combination in a girl before...only hot

Have you heard of the Hot vs Crazy scale?

Have you heard of the Hot vs Crazy scale?

I have. Not sure where this Harley Quinn will end up on it, though :D

This probably haven't been posted:

Another nice trailer! Looking forward to this now!

This probably haven't been posted:

Another nice trailer! Looking forward to this now!

I'm definitely excited for this, though kind of worried as to how many clips they're dropping on YouTube every five minutes or so...

I'm actually genuinely interested in Will Smith's Deadshot after some of the recent stuff, and of course Leto's take on The Joker. Still though, I imagine that 15 rating is going to hurt its box office...

I'm definitely excited for this, though kind of worried as to how many clips they're dropping on YouTube every five minutes or so...

I'm actually genuinely interested in Will Smith's Deadshot after some of the recent stuff, and of course Leto's take on The Joker. Still though, I imagine that 15 rating is going to hurt its box office...

Tell that to Deadpool ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tell that to Deadpool ;)

Aha, I guess. The big worry, though, is that this is coming off the back of BvS - which didn't do great critically or financially - Suicide Squad needed a great record with fans and critics and, of course, the box office.

Am I right in thinking that this is the first time we'll see The Joker and Batman in a 15 live action film together? Because kids would have been coming to see them if the rating were any lower, and, while the 15 for Deadpool was pretty much required to make it what it was, I wouldn't say Suicide Squad needed it.

But at least it saves kids from seeing people's heads blow up, that's neat.

Sounds like word from fans that have been able to see Suicide Squad early is that its pretty good.

I've heard it's not great. Embargo lifts in an hour so we'll see.

Empire 4/5

Time Out 4/5

Drew McWeeny at HitFlix B+

IGN 5.9

Time Magazine thought it was weak

It seems like it's a little divisive. Some people thought it was a blast but not revolutionary in any way while it fell flat for others.

Guess everyone's going to have to decide where they stand by themselves.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

4/5 in Empire is good. IGN not liking it is basically irrelevant. I think I'll probably enjoy it :)

Guardian gave it 3.5 but the reviewer seems to dislike superhero movies as a rule.

I'm just expecting it to be something fun and entertaining for 2 hours and I suspect its going to be that.

I'm just expecting it to be something fun and entertaining for 2 hours and I suspect its going to be that.

Exactly my expectations as well. I never expected it to go well with reviewers anyways, though it seems to have a GotG-vibe and that went well with them.

I still want to go check it out.

Part of me thinks that DC films seem to be the in-thing to hate on.

I still want to go check it out.

What seems to be weird is the constant need to define what they should be based on what Marvel is. I get that they're going to be compared, but it's like watching a Greta Gerwig film and expecting a Judd Apatow film.

To be fair, BvS was a fucking mess and there seem to be a lot of editing issues with SS (Not unlike BvS, there have been reports of a previous cut of the film being much better than the current edit). Sounds like WB want all the creator driven films but then chicken out the last minute and fuck a lot of things up.

They can't have it both ways. Either turn into a production line like Disney or go all out. Not this.

It's exhausting and they should be embarrassed. I feel sorry for everyone working at DC Comics.

No they're really shit. Even when I like them I know they're shit.

To be fair, BvS was a fucking mess and there seem to be a lot of editing issues with SS (Not unlike BvS, there have been reports of a previous cut of the film being much better than the current edit). Sounds like WB want all the creator driven films but then chicken out the last minute and fuck a lot of things up.

They can't have it both ways. Either turn into a production line like Disney or go all out. Not this.

It's exhausting and they should be embarrassed. I feel sorry for everyone working at DC Comics.

Which is fair enough, but criticism such as "it doesn't tell jokes like Marvel films do"...

Which is fair enough, but criticism such as "it doesn't tell jokes like Marvel films do"...

Yeah, totally. Crap like that really doesn't help.

I can remember one BvS review (forget where I saw it though) which said something along the lines of "the big fight scene seemed very violent and aggressive but didn't have any jokes in it"

giphy.gif

Anyway. Pay them no mind.

Some of that article is rubbish. David Ayer doesn't know much about using effects? Have they seen Fury?

A lot of Marvel films have been created using Directors who aren't exactly famed for big budget successes (James Gunn, Taika Waititi, Alan Taylor, Peyton Reed, to name just a few).

If this film is not very good, i'm sure it because of the meddling from the studio and not David Ayer.

IGN gave it a hard time, but the impression I get is that it's still better than that horrible, terrible, nightmarish, dull, worthless piece of cinematic fecal matter that was BvS.

Some of that article is rubbish. David Ayer doesn't know much about using effects? Have they seen Fury?

A lot of Marvel films have been created using Directors who aren't exactly famed for big budget successes (James Gunn, Taika Waititi, Alan Taylor, Peyton Reed, to name just a few).

If this film is not very good, i'm sure it because of the meddling from the studio and not David Ayer.

Yeah, I'd parrot this opinion. I have faith in David Ayer, both End of Watch and Fury (as well as his writing on Training Day) have him pretty proven to me. I have lost faith in WB and really hate how they're dragging DC's name through the mud.

First the cut to BvS; either release the full version or make sure a short version is the one being developed. And now two cuts of Suicide Squad, a better received version that wasn't as peppy that was intended to be made and some schlocky mess edited by some random from the company that cut the trailer.

It's absolutely awful management.

I feel sorry for both Ayer and Snyder. I feel embarrassed for the actors involved, because they're clearly having a good time. And as a fan, I can only hope that WB learn how to make consistently good blockbusters again ASAFuckingP.

I have...middling hope for Wonder Woman. It looks great but who the hell knows.

WB let Miller, Cuaron and Nolan do their own thing with great results, I don't understand why they think messing with the process will help when it so clearly does not.

Edited by Daft

Yeah, I'd parrot this opinion. I have faith in David Ayer, both End of Watch and Fury (as well as his writing on Training Day) have him pretty proven to me. I have lost faith in WB and really hate how they're dragging DC's name through the mud.

First the cut to BvS; either release the full version or make sure a short version is the one being developed. And now two cuts of Suicide Squad, a better received version that wasn't as peppy that was intended to be made and some schlocky mess edited by some random from the company that cut the trailer.

It's absolutely awful management.

I feel sorry for both Ayer and Snyder. I feel embarrassed for the actors involved, because they're clearly having a good time. And as a fan, I can only hope that WB learn how to make consistently good blockbusters again ASAFuckingP.

I have...middling hope for Wonder Woman. It looks great but who the hell knows.

WB let Miller, Cuaron and Nolan do their own thing with great results, I don't understand why they think messing with the process will help when it so clearly does not.

I think it's part of the vicious circle that is the industry. You can do what you want when you're that big proven name but how do you get to that stage when you're never left alone to execute a project entirely in the way you envisaged it?

WB seem to be the worst for it. I remember reading an interview with Cuaron and he alluded to how WB tried to get him to change the colouring of Azkaban and he held firm but it's not everyone who can do it.

I don't think Marvel are too much better, Alan Taylor said he'd never work like that again after Thor: Dark World because of studio involvement and it is curious why Edgar Wright left Antman pretty far through. Difference being I suppose, Marvel know what they're doing.

Still David Ayer is one of my favourite filmmakers, I really hope they don't fuck him over.