NEurope
Cube

Suicide Squad (2016)

I feel like Disney know what they are, they have a production line. WB say one thing about artistic vision and then act in a completely contrary way.

Something has got to give at some point.

I think whatever WB are doing though is resulting in much more interesting films than anything that Marvel and Disney put out though. As bad as 'Batman vs Superman' was, it was fascinating to watch and I loved the fact that it took itself so seriously. The fact that it didn't have the knowing winks and 'jokes' that the Marvel films do was one of the things it had going for it.

No they're really shit. Even when I like them I know they're shit.

Really? I don't consider them to be shit at all. I didn't think BvS was shit (still haven't seen Extended Cut yet) and I adore Man of Steel.

I'm still going to watch Suicide Squad and I hope that it's not an absolute disaster.

Off to see this at midnight. Actually really excited despite the poor reviews. I didn't like Batman v Superman all that much and I'm probably more of a Marvel guy over DC but something about this makes me think I'm going to enjoy it despite the criticisms.

We'll see.

Really? I don't consider them to be shit at all. I didn't think BvS was shit (still haven't seen Extended Cut yet) and I adore Man of Steel.

I'm still going to watch Suicide Squad and I hope that it's not an absolute disaster.

So do you actually think they're made well, written well? Daring, groundbreaking, a testament to their source material? Are they clever, do they make you think, surprise you? Is it something that anyone could enjoy? Or do you appreciate a distinction between your really enjoying something (because it appeals well to your specific tastes) and actually being a quality creation....

At this rate no DC film is ever going to win an Oscar, is it? And it's easy to say "That's silly, why should it? It's a superhero film, they're just basic action movies", but I feel like that's just a cop-out. Since they're about the most expensive and most watched movies out there, they should be pushing the limits of quality. Instead they're the most interfered with productions, spoiled at every opportunity by investors and focus groups and franchisers.

At this point it applies to Marvel too... I don't feel like a single superhero film has actually been an actual quality movie since The Dark Knight. And I've loved a lot of them, I just don't think they've ever been good enough.

So do you actually think they're made well, written well? Daring, groundbreaking, a testament to their source material? Are they clever, do they make you think, surprise you? Is it something that anyone could enjoy? Or do you appreciate a distinction between your really enjoying something (because it appeals well to your specific tastes) and actually being a quality creation....

At this rate no DC film is ever going to win an Oscar, is it? And it's easy to say "That's silly, why should it? It's a superhero film, they're just basic action movies", but I feel like that's just a cop-out. Since they're about the most expensive and most watched movies out there, they should be pushing the limits of quality. Instead they're the most interfered with productions, spoiled at every opportunity by investors and focus groups and franchisers.

At this point it applies to Marvel too... I don't feel like a single superhero film has actually been an actual quality movie since The Dark Knight. And I've loved a lot of them, I just don't think they've ever been good enough.

To be fair as a general rule of thumb, no superhero film is ever going to win a non-technical category Oscar.

Right. I think I covered that :p

Well you kinda stated it was more of a DC related issue, I just meant the Academy will always snub these types of film.

I... really enjoyed it.

It was clearly made fast and dirty — and it's pretty erratic (which actually suited the whole mentally unstable tone), especially when it comes to the music — but yeah, really enjoyed it.

So I watched it this evening and I enjoyed it too. Way better than most reviews I've seen. I was surprised by how

Enchantress' brother can survive any amount of bullets, but a bomb kills him right away

Also, I went to Odeon and the lights were on for the whole film. My friend even got out for a sec and asked a member of the staff if they had forgotten them on, but apparently they had to be ::shrug: Is this usual?

Edited by The Cape

So I watched it this evening and I enjoyed it too. Way better than most reviews I've seen. I was surprised by how

Enchantress' brother can survive any amount of bullets, but a bomb kills him right away

Also, I went to Odeon and the lights were on for the whole film. My friend even got out for a sec and asked a member of the staff if they had forgotten them on, but apparently they had to be ::shrug: Is this usual?

El Diablo also tore his heart out, if I remember correctly.

I watched it last night and agree with most of the reviews.

It's OK, but they try and cram too many characters in without enough back story.

They shouldn't have cast a model as a main character either, she were rubbish.

I liked most of the other characters though.

El Diablo also tore his heart out, if I remember correctly.

oh that makes sense, thanks, I must have missed it.

So what are your thoughts on

the Joker? I like the energetic psycho ones, and I also liked his street thug look. I was hoping he would act more mad, but his role in the movie was only to present Harley, and it was fine for that. Are we expecting him in any of the upcoming movies?

oh that makes sense, thanks, I must have missed it.

So what are your thoughts on

the Joker? I like the energetic psycho ones, and I also liked his street thug look. I was hoping he would act more mad, but his role in the movie was only to present Harley, and it was fine for that. Are we expecting him in any of the upcoming movies?

I really liked the Joker. I know they kind of changed his and Harley's dynamic by making her love for him not completely unrequited and... I liked that.

I was a bit unsure about his whole gangsta look but by the end of the film he presented himself in so many different ways I just saw it as another part of his unstable mind, which I loved.

I think there was the right amount of him in the film. He wasn't in it loads but his presence was felt constantly. I look forward to seeing him again, I suspect in The Batman.

I loved it. Okay, quite a few times I thought something could've been missing but I had loads of fun. The action and soundtrack was cool but I felt the movie lacked in story. I'm hoping that it had to be cut to make it a certain rating or something and I actually hope the bluray release will be extended and uncut.

Decent film though. Loads of fun

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Finally saw this at the cinemas last night. Much better than I thought it was going to be. Hope Harley doesn't say much in future roles (naturally this doesn't bode well for her own film)

Watched this last night and really didn't enjoy it. Just seemed like a complete mess to me.

It takes a lot for me to dislike a superhero movie as well, I would rather watch BvS again over this!

Maybe I missed stuff but so much of the film just seemed to not make any sense. Like why would you ever use those people for that situation? The only one who actually seemed like he could do shit was El Diablo, but then all of a sudden, with no build up, he suddenly turns into some 10 foot Incan fire God who can could speak Enchantress' language?

The joker also seemed entirely pointless to the entire movie, like he was only there for marketing purposes.

I think it would have worked better if it wasn't an 'end of the world' scenario they were fighting against. Firstly why would you take Harley Quinn into such a situation, she's just some psycho with a baseball bat and a gun?! They should have just had the Joker as the main villain then Harley's inclusion would make sense as she could maybe provide the team with some insight about how to stop him, and the Joker himself would have had a purpose!