Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2014/2015

Dog-amoto

Well, didn't see that result coming at all. Looking very likely now that there will be no english teams in the quarters, when on paper there should have been at least two.

How did mourhino cock that up? At home against ten men, for over an hour. Shocking result.

Quite pleased for PSG mind, absolutely monstrous headers to put them through.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry defends Chelsea conduct

John Terry has defended Chelsea's conduct during their Champions League elimination at the hands of Paris St Germain on Wednesday which was criticised by television pundits Graeme Souness and Jamie Carragher.

"Once they're charging the ref, the only thing we can do is respond," Terry said. "You can't as a group of players let them surround the ref, trying to get our players booked.

"For me if I have to run 20, 30 yards, it doesn't look great but when you're standing back and seeing five or six of their players surrounding the ref, for me I think I support my team-mates.

"And once I go, four or five go with me, it doesn't look good at all but that's part of the game. We'll match it if people want to mix it, that's part of our game as well. You have to stick up for your team-mates. Every other side is as bad as each other. It's part of the game."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/31117077

What a despicable person and a liar John Terry is. They didn't surround the referee, there was only 2 other PSG players other than Ibrahimovic within 15 yards of the ref when he produced the red card. 4 or 5 John? Try every single outfield Chelsea player swarming the ref crying within seconds. Only when the red card was shown did more PSG players get involved like Silva who as captain has a right and it wasn't every player. And no not every side is as bad as each other. Ye are one of the worst for it and it shouldn't be part of the game. I don't see this carry on in rugby. Moaninho, Abramovich and Terry have helped turn Chelsea into a much despised club.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It was bad to see them surround the ref but it was Man United that practically invented that. Lots of other teams do it @Wii, you can't say they don't.

It was a particularly bad game for it though the other night, I will admit that. Part of which I reckon was brought on by some of the challenges from the first leg... Hazard was getting belted but was getting no protection from the ref. They just took it overboard is all.

Edited by Kav

So:

Diego Costa 27 Apps 17 Goals

Olivier Giroud 24 Apps 14 Goals

One was widely regarded as one of the best strikers in Europe at the beginning of the year and one isn't considered all that good. Not miles apart are they.

Wayne Rooney KO'd in the kitchen by Phil Bardsley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovewdru_Jjo

Fair play to you Phil. He got to do what a lot of people dream of.

So:

Diego Costa 27 Apps 17 Goals

Olivier Giroud 24 Apps 14 Goals

One was widely regarded as one of the best strikers in Europe at the beginning of the year and one isn't considered all that good. Not miles apart are they.

If you do a like for like as above:

Harry Kane 24 Apps 16 Goals

When you consider at the start of the league season he got little game time, 6 sub appearances totalling 100 minutes, one appearance was for 1 minute, his first game was 8 minutes. His stats are impressive. Let's look at when he became a regular.

Harry Kane 18 Apps 15 Goals

Even more impressive.

As an impartial fan, (well, impartial in the sense that I don't follow either Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea), I'd say that all three have had good seasons. Kane has been the most impressive, although I'd say that Costa has been a close second due to it being his first season in England and him coming from a highly successful team and being highly rated. He's lived up to the hype. Giroud has a different set of circumstances to these two so he'll always look third impressive, despite him having a good season.

Spurs, once again you've let me down. I kind of thought that would happen. That's why I put off going out until the second half to watch the match. Now there's no point. Damn you anyway. To add insult to injury you've let the joke of players that are Sideshow Bob and Plain Biscuit score.

This was our best performance in months, especially the first half. We attacked with pace and used the strengths of our players to have an impact on the game. Carrick's passing, Herrera and Mata's intelligence, Fellaini's ability to cause issues with his height and strength (fucking great hold up play, too) and Young's pace down the wing. We were excellent in midfield.

We need to play like this on a more regular basis and we definitely need to be playing attacking football. That is our biggest strength. We went for possession football at 3-0 up which is fine as it killed the game, there is a place for it.

Carrick was shite against Arsenal last week but was tied with Fellaini for man of the match for me.

A vital 3 points against Swansea last night, given what Man United did against Spurs at the weekend!

I was feeling pretty confident about Liverpool destroying United at Anfield for the last couple of months but it concerns me a little that Liverpool's performance has taken a little dip after beating Man City, while United all of a sudden had a relatively good game..

It should be a great game with plenty riding on it. Bring it on :yay:

A vital 3 points against Swansea last night, given what Man United did against Spurs at the weekend!

I was feeling pretty confident about Liverpool destroying United at Anfield for the last couple of months but it concerns me a little that Liverpool's performance has taken a little dip after beating Man City, while United all of a sudden had a relatively good game..

It should be a great game with plenty riding on it. Bring it on :yay:

It was a tough game, to be sure. I honestly thought we were gonna get beat after Swansea battered us in the first half. Once we scored the pressure was off and we started playing really well.

Liverpool Vs Man U is gonna be a great game. Both of us need them points. I just hope the match delivers, rather than being a safe and boring game.

It was a tough game, to be sure. I honestly thought we were gonna get beat after Swansea battered us in the first half. Once we scored the pressure was off and we started playing really well.

Liverpool Vs Man U is gonna be a great game. Both of us need them points. I just hope the match delivers, rather than being a safe and boring game.

I couldn't see the match, unfortunately, but listening to it on the radio left me feeling resigned to a 0-0. Thankfully, we got a bit of luck and something that probably cancels out United's late goal against Newcastle that I was berating at the time :heh:

I hope I can somehow get to see the game at the weekend as I'm actually off work for a change :eek:

Did you spot Bono? I was thinking Paddy's Day, how come he's over there? But then I know he's a nice Irish lad who avoids paying any tax to the Irish government, he probably lives there or it's down as his main residence. This game just got interesting. 2-0 on the night.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!